Fan Fiction ❯ Three wishes ❯ Chase ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“Hm, well, I've still got that issue with Chase.” Jamie pondered aloud. “I mean, I feel like it's not… settled with. I feel like he'll still be… sad. Depressed and, blocking out his feelings. And maybe I feel a little future guilt of using a wish that didn't have anything to do with my friend. I can just picture him right now, looking at me with all of my jewels and superpowers. I can walk through walls, disappear, and fly. Plus, I'm rich! I'm rich and famous! I can see him, he looks… sad. Stressed, but as if he had lived through unimaginable pain. He looks he'd cry any minute…” Jamie's eyes widened in fright, and her own eyes brimmed with tears. “No… no, make them stop… Make them stop coming… I can't seem to get these images out of my head… I don't wanna see him anymore… I can't stand to see him like this… about to cry, on the break of tears…”
Heavy breathing filled the silence on the roof. Down below, shops began to open, and morning customers had begun to come in, buying things quickly on their way to work or the palace. Jamie looked down, and pictured herself down there, looking through counter baskets, running from the security men. “I know what my final wish will be.” she murmured, her words caught and thrown away by the careless winds. Then she turned around and stared at Genie gravely. “I can't stand to see him sad. It breaks my heart. It's even worse when he's about to cry or when he is crying. So, for my third and last wish, I'll wish for eternal happiness for Chase. He can still be kind-of mad or sad; if he was always happy, it'd be kinda scary. But I want him to always have that smile on his face. Always have that feeling in his heart, and that glimmer of hope and joy in his dark eyes. Gene, I wish for eternal happiness for Chase!”
“You sure about this? You know, you could still get some money, or fame, or how `bout some clean clothes?”
“Genie, I said the magic words. Now hit it!” Genie made a gun with his right hand and shot a lightning bolt in the air. A hole was made in a cloud, and sunlight peeped through, shining on a certain house belonging to a certain thief, far away, near the slums of the orphans. Beautiful white doves flew up from the house, the whole scene making the house look like a shrine or a sanctuary. Jamie watched in amazement as the sunlight started to sparkle. She failed to notice the Genie behind her, slowly getting smaller and smaller. She failed to notice the sad smile Genie threw last at her, before protruding away in his lamp.
Jamie squealed in happiness. “Oh, would you look at that! Doesn't it look so pretty, Gene…” She had turned around to see now Genie, just a small, worn-out lamp there. Jamie smiled sadly as she picked up the priceless antique. “I guess that's all you can do, huh? Give a guy three wishes and then back in the lamp he goes. She whispered a small, “Thank you, Genie,” before turning to the carpet.
“Hey, carpet, wake up!” Jamie said loudly. The carpet jumped off the roof immediately, showing that it was awake. “You up for a ride? We're heading for a guy named Chase' house.” The carpet nodded, and scooped up the girl and started for the sunlit house. In no more than a couple of minutes, the two had reached the house with the oh, too familiar smell, the oh, too familiar mess, and the oh, too familiar headband lying in that same position on the floor.
“I never figured out how you managed to get in my house.” A soft voice said. A young boy about the same age as herself, revealed himself from within the shadows of the room. There was something different about him, Jamie could tell, as she stepped closer to him, eyeing him suspiciously. “Long time no see, eh, Jamie?”
“Yeah, yeah… I was busy.” It was then that she figured it out. He was smirking. And not just smirking, he was smiling. That particular smile was very rare and uncommon for him. Huh, it looked like her wish worked after all.
“You know, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, and I've decided… well…” Chase stepped forward to stop Jamie from moving any further. They were close now. Close enough to hear if each one whispered. “I think… I've fallen in-love with you…”
I wish to love, and be loved back, those words echoed in her brain. If he showed Jamie her future husband, he would've shown Chase. So basically, he made her fall in-love with her. Jamie looked deeply into the other's eyes. “Chase, it… it's okay, because I… I'm in-love with you, too.”
Jamie saw Chase's smile widen, and had to smile for herself. And later, she realized that without those three wishes, and without the Genie of the Lamp, none of this ever would've happened. She would've been living as a Phantom Thief forever, eventually growing out of her crush for Chase. So, this proves that wishes can become a handful of extra help, but to get up to the point where you deserve the three wishes, you have to earn it, and work yourself up. Earn the wishes, and don't just sit around all day thinking about them. You won't get anything done in life that way. Get out there and play. Do something. Play something. Steal something. Just try hard, and everything you ever need will come to you. Trust me. Trust Jamie.
 
-----
Last chapter! Well, I had a great time writing this-- you guys take care! Have a wonderful day!
 
Oh, and by the way, this was originally a Language Arts paper, assigned to me about “What would you do if you had three wishes?” and, since we had just recently watched Aladdin (and because I'm a Disney freak), I decided to do an Aladdin parody. The paper was supposed to be three paragraphs long, but I guess I got carried away. Again.
 
Until next time!