Fan Fiction ❯ Through Riku's Eyes ❯ The Acursed Castle ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Chapter 5: The Acursed Castle
 
As I looked up, Souleater still in hand, I saw blocks of ice leading towards a waterfall. Behind the waterfall lay a giant castle with no visible way of getting there. No Heartless were here at the moment, so I sheathed Souleater as I strode foreward. Without thinking, I accidentally waled off the edge of the cliff I was standing on and fell into water. Or that's what I thought would happen, I hadn't know the water had been bewitched so I was able to walk on it. I headed towards the ice, noticing that it too had been bewitched because it was able to move up and down and it was obviously the only way to get closer to the castle. It's a good thing I was able to jump high otherwise I would have never been able to reach the floating icebergs. With my silver hair blowing through the wind and my body shivering from the cold, I continued on my way through the ice until I reached a ledge with pillars on it.
“So, you finally made it here Riku.” That same voice from Simbas home world, this time coming from behind me. As I turned, I caught a glimpse of the vile witch. She had two horns sticking out the top of her head, she had a green face. She was wearing black robes and, in her hand, was a giant staff.
“Who are you and where is this place? I feel like this place is familiar, but how? I have never been off my island.” I said not expecting an answer for my second question.
“My boy. This is the acursed castle known only as Hollow Bastion. My name is Maleficent, and do not try to use that weapon against me because I could easily kill you with one wave of my staff.” Maleficent said as I unsheathed Souleater preparing for an all-out assault on her. “And besides, it cannot harm me so, put that silly sword away before I take it from you.” She said and I had a feeling she was right, so I re-sheathed it. “The reason this place feels familiar is because it is filled with the same darkness as you. This is your real home Riku.” Maleficent said as I stood jaw-dropped.
“What do you mean this is my real home? My home is, or was Destiny Islands and nothing you say will change that.” I said unsure if I believed it myself.
“This is where you were born. You were taken away from this place as a baby. There was only one other born here, but I am not at liberty to say who. I personally don't know who, but my master does and he would really like a meeting with you. All you have to do is make it through the castle.” And with that, she created a portal and left as I ran towards her. I wanted questions so I started to head towards the only place I could get them, the castle known as Hollow Bastion.
I reached another ledge, but this time there was nowhere to go. As I turned to find another way to get there, a platform came out of nowhere, and I was teleported onto it. After I was teleported back off the platform, I stood at the castle gate. As I strode foreward, the gate opened. I peered inside but no one was there. I walked through the gate and saw a large entrance hall. There were two doors, one leading to the left, and on leading down the center. I decided to go to the door on the left.
I opened the door and walked in readying Souleater in case something were to pop out. All I saw was a maze of books. I jumped onto the top of one of the shelves and saw more and more books, so I headed back to the door. Nothing was very important in there that I noticed. I went through the center door and found more of the platforms that brought me to the castle. I couldn't reach them through the beam bars. I looked around to see if there were any switches that could teleport me onto the platform. All I saw was a pointed shape. Oddly, it had writing on it saying : “Touch me”, so I did. I instantly got teleported onto the lift and then it started to rise up. Once I wass teleported off, I saw a Heartless and it started to attack me.
With Souleater still in my hand from before, I charged at them. “Get away from me!” I yelled and slashed at a Heartless, but
my attack just bounced off it's shield. It looked kinda like a dog, but I wasn't sure. Instead of my normal frontal assault, I totally changed my strategy and jumped over it, bringing my sword down and nailing it. It did not burst into black smoke though. Instead, it turned around and sent me flying into a wall as I got hit with the shield. As I slowly rose to my feet, still dazed from it's powerful attack, it stroke again, this time with a fire blast from it's shield. This time, I jumped towards the door only to be blocked by another shielded Heartless. There was nothing I could do from this moment on because the first one charged me from behind and knocked me out.
 
Divider
 
When I woke, I was in a chapel. “Ahh…. My head is aching.” I said as I started to stand. I looked around for Souleater, but it was nowhere to be found. “Oh great. I wasn't even able to fend off two weak Heartless. And now I can't even find my sword.”
“ It's right here Riku.” A voice said they slid my sword to me. I picked it up and realized that it was stronger, and darker. “Those were not weak Heartless, they were some of the more powerful ones. I made your sword stronger so you could kill them with ease.”
“Put my sword back to normal.” I demanded, but the voice just laughed. “What's so funny?” I asked the voice. It definatly wasn't Maleficent because it was a male voice. “Who are you?”
“Whats funny is that the sword you hold now was made specificaly for you. Once it has been upgraded, it cannot be set back to the way it was before.” The voice said.
“The darkness inside it is too great for me to bear. I will not be able to control it!” I said though I was worried.
“You will be able to control it if you unleash your full potential. It will help you control the power within Souleater, as Maleficent calls it. It really is a powerful sword.” The voice said with enthusiasm.
As I strode toward him, I had Souleater clutched in on hand, a fist in the other. I held my sword to his throat. “Tell me who you are and what you want with me or I'll kill you.” I said without hesitation. He started to laugh. “You have to the count of three. One,” my sword inched closer. “Two………”
“Fine I'll tell you.” He said as I withdrew my sword from his neck still holding it though. “My name is Ansem the destroyer of worlds, the leader of the Heartless!” He exclaimed as I stood abergasted. “I want your help with a little project of mine.”
“So Ansem, what is this little project of your?”
“I want you to collect the Princess' of Hearts. They are the Key to Completing this worlds Keyhole. The Final Keyhole as a matter of fact.” He said replying to my question.
“I'm going to find Sora and Kairi.” And with that, I started to leave though my attempt was in vain because all that happened was he called me back and I was starting to feel angry.
“Before you go Riku, let me give you this.” Ansem grabbed my arm and more darkness than ever before was flowing through me. “This will give you the power to use the rip-portal. It is an extreamly powerful and dark magic spell. You will be able to go anywhere you want without having to worry. At first, though, it will take a lot out of you.”
“I won't need it…. for now.” This time I got away from Ansem, only to run into Maleficent. “Out of my way you old hag.”
I said with no remorse for my words.
“Now, now my boy. That's no way to treat your elders now is it?” Maleficent said sarcastically.
“I don't need to take this from you.” I said as I started to walk away from her.
“One of your friends has replaced you, while your other friend lies dormant with no heart.” She yelled after me. I didn't want to listen to her for the rest of the way down the castle, so I did the only thing I could at the time, I created a rip-portal and walked through it.
 
Divider
 
When I exited the portal, I felt really drained of energy. “Damn, Ansem was right. That really did drain my energy.” I looked down the dark ally way and what I saw freaked me out. I saw a Dog and a Duck. But what shocked me was their company….
 
Divider
 
I do not own Kingdom Hearts