Fan Fiction ❯ Through Riku's Eyes ❯ A Whole New World ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay so this is obviously chapter 4 and I hope you enjoy!!! Heh there are talking animals in it!!! That makes it all better! ^_^ I hope you enjoy this next installment of THROUGH RIKU”S EYES!!!!!!!! Dhun, dhun, dhunnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Chapter 4 A Whole New World
 
As I stood up to see where I was, I noticed that I was surrounded by tons of trees and I heard a waterfall in the distance. “This sounds like a heavenly place.” I said aloud although nobody was around to hear me. Or so I thought. I was trying to recall the events that had taken place the night before but the memories wouldn't come back to me. All I could remember was the cold darkness. So I started to wander, looking for anyone or anything that could atleast give me an idea of where I was. After a few hours of wandering and eating berries, I heard something.
“Have you ever wandered about the stars.” A male voice said. I quietly walked over into the area of where I heard the voice come from. I almost freaked at the sight before me. It was the most horrible thing I could either remember or know at that time in my life. A merecat, a warthog, and a lion were lying in a circle talking to each other.
“I think they are giant balls of gas billions of miles away.” The warthog said. I was completely amazed at what I just heard. Not only was the Warthog talking, but he knew about the stars and what they were made of. Or, atleast that's what he and I thought.
“Phhhttt, everything is gas to you Pumba.” The merecat said.
“Those are fireflies that got stuck up there in the sky.” He replied to the lions question. “What do you think about them Simba?” The merecat asked the lion whose name was Simba.
“Well, someone once told me that the stars were the great kings of the past, looking down on us to protect us.” Simba replied to Pumba's earlier question. Then, everyone started to laugh at Simba comment. Simba stood up and wandered off into the distance. That's when I took the chance to find out where I was. I walked over to the Warthog and the merecat. I think they heard me because they suddenly stood up and glared at me.
“Uhhh……. Could either of you tell me where I am?” I asked Pumba and the merecat.
“Timon, did you hear that human talk to us?” Pumba asked Timon, the merecat.
“That's impossible, we don't know how to speak human!” Timon replied to Pumba the Warthog. “I don't know if he can even understand us even if we told him. I don't think he can speak animal.”
“Uhhhh, actually I can understand what you are saying.” I announced Pumba and Timon while they stood there in shock. “So are you going to tell me where I am?” I asked as they stood jaw-dropped.
“ Ummmmmm……… we're in the Savanna which is right next to Pride Rock.” Timon answered my question and pointed over to a giant statue.
“By the way, my name's Riku” I announced to them.
“My manes Timon. I'm the smart one.” Timon said looking rather glad about his statement.
“And I'm Pumba.” He announced as he suddenly turned towards Timon. “Hey Timon, why doesn't Riku stay with us for a while!” Pumba exclaimed as I stood there in shock at what he had just announced.
“What a stupid idea.” Timon said and my shocked faced turned grim. “I have a better idea. Why doesn't he stay with us for a while.” Timon said as I now stood in confusion.
“Oh what a great idea! Your so smart Timon.” Pumba said while I started to open my mouth, but I decided not to. “So what do you think about that?” Timon asked me.
“I think it's a great idea.” I announced and then everyone looked happy. “By the way, who was that Lion back there?” I asked.
“That was Simba. We raised him from when he was a child.” Pumba told me as we walked to there resting place.
 
divider
 
After a few days of staying with Timon, Pumba, Simba, and now Nala, Simba's friend from before he met Timon and Pumba, Simba ran away again, this time though, a baboon named Rafiki appeared and told us something. “The king has returned.” Then we all followed Nala through the scorcering dessert in which lead to Pride Rock, the placec in which Simba was heading. Fortunatly for me, I trained hard and was able to keep up with the rest of the group. Lucky me.
Once we arrived to Pride Rock, I saw Simba standing there, glaring into the barren wasteland of what was once his home. “Scar did this to my home. I will no longer allow it.” Simba said looking more confident then I had ever seen him in the past few days. “You guys didn't have to come.” He said as we walked up to him.
“This is my home to you know.” Nala said very dramatically as she too stared down upon he home.
“Besides what are friends for.” Timon announced looking into this horrible land. “Whoa, who would want a place like this?!” He sayed looking worried about what he was about to go through.
“I came because I owe you my life. If I had never met you, I would have definatly died.” I announced. “Though I don't know how much of a help I can be. I have no weapon to fight with.”
“You'll do fine. Just leave Scar for me and attack his Hyenas with this.” He walked over and picked up a branch with his teeth and tossed it over to me. “This should easily take care of them.”
“Uhhhhh……….. the Hyenas are dead. Now he has an army of black, shadowy things.” Nala announced and everyone looked at her with a shocked look. Everyone accept me, that is. I looked furious.
“Those are the creatures that attacked my home!” I said. The memories of that awful night were starting to come back to me. The darkness that was flowing through my veins was starting to come back as I started to become more and more likely to burst out in anger at anything that got in my way. Asides from my new friends.
I ran off ahead of them snd went straight in for a frontal assault. The shadows started to surround me. As I went to destory a bunch of them, I saw Simba jump and slash at them, then took off to the peak of Pride Rock. Then, all of a sudden, a black portal opened up and I saw this witch. As I kept whacking the shadows with my branch, not doing any damage whatsoever, she tossed me a bat-winged sword.
“Use `Souleater' to your advantage. It should be able to defeat the `Heartless' easily.” She announced and took off into the portal. I slashed at the Heartless with Souleater and it vanised into a cloud of black smoke.
While I was fending off the Heartless, I looked up to the peak and saw Simba pounce onto another Lion, probably Scar, and Simba yelled “Tell them the truth! Tell them what happened.”
I kept fending off the Heartless. For everyone I killed, 3 more took it's place. “Is there no end to this assault!” I yelled and all of a sudden a lightning bolt fell from the sky. Once it fell, I started to feel a little drained of energy. Not much, but just enough to feel the drain. The ground was lit on fire and I yelled “Lightning!” and many bolts fell from the sky, taking out hundreds of Heartless, clearing a path for my to Pride Rock.
As I ran, killing Heartless in the process, I saw Scar fall from the Rock. Not only did the Heartless attack and kill Scar, but they also went into the center of Pride Rock. I suddenly stopped in my tracks. A dark sphere opened into the sky. Simba was lifted into the sky and was turned into a crystal. (Traverse Town, totally unrelated to this story. Simba's crystal hit Leon in the head and Leon starts crying for his mommy!) Then, the black portal opened again and I was sucked into it.
I stood up once again as I looked at the castle before me…..