Fan Fiction ❯ Through Riku's Eyes ❯ Destiny Awaits us ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello loyal viewers! I hope you enjoyed my last chapters. I tried my best and I really hope you liked it. Sorry that I couldn't fit the entire Destiny Islands part in to one chapter. Anywhy enjoy!
 
Chapter 3 Destiny Awaits us
 
I was sitting on the edge of the island by the cove. I was watching the waves being blown by the wind, wondering what my life would have been like if I hadn't had come to this island. What my life would have been like if I had stayed with my real mother. Wondering whom my father was and where I had come from, wondering why I was sent to that island and not another world or anything like that. Then Sora walked though the door by where I was sitting so I stood up. "Hey Sora." I said calling him over. "Our raft still needs a name. Let's see... How about Highwind?" I asked him though he didn't look too pleased with the name. "What would you call it?" I asked out of curiosity. It took him awhile to come up with an answer though.
"Me?" He asked unsure of what was going on. "Well... Hmmm... Excalibur!" He said over emphasizing the name of what he wanted to call the raft. I still think that Highwind is a better name though.
"Hey, how 'bout..." I said not even needing to finish my sentence and Sora already knew what I was talking about.
"The usual?" Sora answered finishing my sentence.
"Let's do it!" I said not even worried about the outcome because I knew that I would be the one who would be captain of the raft seeing I was the oldest. This should be fun! I thought to myself not knowing how fast Sora had gotten.
“You guys at it again?” Kairi asked walking through the same door that Sora had walked through earlier.
“Alright guys, I'll be the judge.” She said like she does every time Sora and I race. “The usual rules apply:
Take any route you want… first one to touch that tree and make it back here wins.” Kairi said repeating the same rules that she always does. The tree that we were to touch was in the shape of a star.
“If I win I'm Captain.” Sora said I was actually shocked to hear him say that though I didn't show it. I just thought of my own idea. “If you win…” He started again.
“I get to share the Paopu fruit with Kairi.” I had said in response to his wanting to be captain.
“Huh?' Sora said rather surprised.
“Deal?” I asked him extremely hopeful that I did not lose the upcoming race. Even if I did though, I still had a plan. “The winner gets to share the Paopu with Kairi.” I said in extreme confidence in myself seeing as I had never lost to him before.
“Wha… Wait a minute…” He said utterly confused with the statement that I had just brought up.
“On my count:” Kairi had said starting the count down. Good I thought. This way Sora won't be able to respond. I then took my stance for running. “Three, two, one GO!” She yelled. Sora and I started to run.
“Come on Sora, you can run faster than that can't you?” He started up the ladder so that he could slide to the tree. I took a different route and went across the trees to get to the Star tree. I got there first so I took the same route back. Sora was so far behind that once I crossed the trees again, I decided to walk the rest of the way and to my surprise I won! “Nice try though Sora!” I said making fun of him. “Man lighten up. It's just a name after all.” I said and Sora walked away. I went back to starring at the ocean and thinking about my parents and where they came from. More importantly where I came from. About an hour later, Sora came back.
“Hey Riku?” He said calling me over. “What ever happened to the deal with the Paopu fruit? When are you going to get it over with? Go do it now before I start to dislike you.” Sora said looking extremely angry at me. I can still remember his face. It was hilarious!
“What's that?” I asked just to bug him. “Oh, the Paopu thing? It was just a joke. You should have seen your face.” I said knowing that he would forgive me because we were best friends. I then left to go and talk with Kairi, but she was busy looking for seashells for the raft. So I went to get some food to take along with us for our long journey.
 
Divider
 
I said my good-byes to Sora and Kairi as I left to go home. The two of them stayed back to talk for a while.
Before I entered my house I saw Kairi heading back to the island. Then I noticed why. I saw a huge black orb above our little island. I headed there as fast as I could. Once I got there, I started to feel the darkness flowing through me. I felt the unholy energy course through my veins and my blood. I hate to say this, but it felt good. I headed towards the little island with the tree with the Paopu fruits on it. Sora ran over to me once he had gotten to the island.
“Where's Kairi?” Sora asked very worried about what was going on here. “I thought she was with you!”
With the power still coursing through my veins I was not able to control what I was saying. “The door has been open.” I said even though I was unsure of what I had just said.
“What?” Sora said just as unsure as I was.
“The door has opened, Sora! Now we can travel to the outside world!” I said again this time getting a bit more control of what I was saying but still I didn't have total control.
“What are you talking about?” Sora replied still having no clue of what was going on. “We've got to find Kairi!” He exclaimed to me even though I was just as worried as he was.
“Kairi's coming with us!” I was wondering how I had known that, but then I remembered seeing her before I came to this island. In fact, she was the reason I came in the first place. “Once we step through, we might not be able to come back. We may never see our parents again. There's no turning back. But this may be our only chance. We can't let fear stop us! I'm not afraid of the darkness!” I said to him. Those were the last words I said to him for a month at least.
“Riku…” My name was the last thing I was to hear from Sora for a while. I reached out my hand so that he could come with me to where ever it was that I was going. He wasn't able to reach.
 
Divider
 
When I came to, I was lying in a jungle unaware of where I was. I couldn't feel the darkness in me anymore. I said to myself “Riku, I don't think were on the island anymore.”