Fan Fiction ❯ Through Riku's Eyes ❯ Destiny Islands, my home ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2 Destiny Islands, my home
 
"Hey, aren't you guys forgetting about me? So, I guess I'm the only one working on the raft?" I said with a hint of sarcasm. I had seen those two talking to each other and I decided to go and bug them. Those were good times but things were to really changed in the next few days. It's when everything went wrong. "Your just as lazy as he is." I said to Kairi as I sat down next to Sora.
"So you've noticed." Kairi said with a big smile on here face. "Okay we'll finish it together. I'll race you." Kairi said knowing that she would definatly lose knowing the speed of both Sora and Riku.
"Huh?" Sora said unsure of what he had just heard.
"What? Are you kidding?" I said unsure if she really wanted to go through the humiliation of losing like she does every day even though she was getting faster.
"Ready?" Kairi asked us. "Go!" She yelled. Sora and I got up and ran like we couldn't beleive because Kairi had a head start.
Later that day Sora ran around the Island like a mad man looking for the longs, rope, and cloth we needed for the raft that we were building. We were going to sail the oceans looking for new worlds. While he was looking he also took the chance to fight Selphie, Wakka, and Tidus. He almost lost but came back to win while fighting them one-on one. Then he was told that I wasted them all at the same time, and knowing how stubborn he is, he decided to do the same thing. He put up a valiant effort but failed the first time. He tried again though and he barely won but he did. I was sitting on a tree that was on a tiny Isle that was connected to the big one. He trys to fight me but obviously lossed.
Before we left to go home, we sat and watched the sunset. "So, Kairi's home is out there somewhere right?" Sora asked with great interest.
"Could be" I replied starring at the sunset. "We'll never know by staying here" I said starting once again to get interested deep into the subject like we did atleast once a week.
"But how far will the raft take us?" Sora asked. He was definatly in the mood to ask questions that day.
"Who knows." I said without any idea of what was going to happen in the future. I wish nothing that was going to come did. I wish we had just set sail to find adventure."If we have to, we'll think of something else."
"So suppose you get to another world. What will you do when you get there?" Kairi asked with a lot of interest in this new subject.
"Hmmm. Well I really haven't thought about it." I said wondering that exact same question in the exact same moment."It's just... I've always wondered why were here on this island.If there are any other worlds out there, why did we end up on this one?" I had used to wonder that all my life. I know that my mother was not my birth mother. I used to ask Sarah, the mother I've known all my life, where I was from and who my mother was. She said that she 0never knew and then she would just change the subject.Thats just how she was though. "Suppose there are other world out there...then our little island is just part of something much greater. So we could have just as easily ended up somewhere else right?" I asked not really expecting an answer from either of them.To my surprise someone did answer.
"I don't know." Sora said. I was really shocked that he didn't know that their were other worlds out there and he was still willing to search with Kairi and I.
"Exactly. That's why we need to go out there and find out." I said not knowing was going to happen."Just sitting here won't change a thing. It's the same old stuff. So lets go." I think that they were surprised to hear me say that.
"You've been thinking a lot lately haven't you?" Kairi ask with a hint of sympathy. Of all people, Kairi knew me the best because she too doesn't know who her parents are or what they did.
"Thanks to you Kairi. If you hadn't come here, I probably would've never thought of any of this. Kairi, thanks." In that moment I felt like Kairi and I were off in our own little world. Just the two of us. No Sora, no Sarah, no one but the two of us. Then reality had to kick in and interupt that special moment.
"Your welcome." She replied while I was coming out of my daze. I had such strong emotions for her but I knew that the two of us were meant to be just friends. The feelings that I had toward her, she felt that way towards Sora. I knew that nothing would change between us.
We were going back to our kayaks so that we could go home. "Sora." I called to him so that I could bug him."You wanted one didn't you?" I asked tossing him a paopu fruit.
"A paopu fruit?" He asked wondering what was going on most likely.
"If two people share one, their destinies become intertwined.They'll remain part of each others lives, no matter what. C'mon I know you want to try it." I said smirking.
"What are you thinking" Sora started to say. I just laughed my head off on the way back to the kayaks.