Fan Fiction ❯ Titans Revealed ❯ But You Knew That Already ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Titans Revealed

Chapter 2: But You Knew That Already

Starfire was fast asleep when someone kicked her door in.

Though she was not by nature a violent or pessimistic being, her first thought was that Titans Tower had been invaded. Therefore, the alien girl sat up at once, both her fists pulsing with green energy. However, she hadn't gotten far in her sleep-riddled state when a fist coated in dark energy appeared directly in front of her face.

It took a minute for realization to set in.

"…Raven?" Starfire asked, blinking slowly and automatically dropping her guard and her fists. She was even more confused when her teammate did not immediately do the same. "Raven, what is-"

"Name," Raven growled.

"What???"

"Your name," Raven clarified. "Tell me your true name, Starfire."

Starfire stared at her for almost a minute. "…I can't," she replied at last.

"Why not?" Raven demanded, the dark energy crackling dangerously around her fist.

"Even here…I am still bound by the traditions and laws of my planet," Starfire admitted. "So I am not free to reveal my true name to just anyone…unless…"

Raven lowered her fist slightly. "Unless what?"

"I can only reveal my true name to my intended life partner," Starfire said softly, and perhaps, a bit wistfully.

"…fine, I'm your intended. Spit it out already!"

Starfire stared at her friend in undisguised shock. "Raven, I do not think you under-"

"The NAME," Raven hissed, raising her fist again as her eyes took on a crimson hue.

"Koriand'r," Starfire whispered, shrinking back against the headboard.

"…oh." Raven stepped away from the bed, her eyes returning to normal. "Never mind, then. Sorry I woke you." She turned to leave.

"Raven, wait…!"

"What?" she asked, stopping in the doorway.

Starfire blushed slightly. "Um…it's just that…I have certain…responsibilities to my intended…"

Raven sighed in frustration. "Fine, you can help. Come on."

* * * * *

Beast Boy's lips smacked loudly with drool as he rolled onto his back. "What, again, Star? I'm an animal, not a machine…" He let out a loud snore and descended further into his dream, a giddy smile plastered on his sleeping face.

He was completely unaware of the two female figures that slipped silently into his room.

"Mmm…you, too, Raven? At least wait your turn…"

One of the figures came to a sudden halt, and then flew across the room in apparent rage.

"Both of you at the same time…? Well, there's enough of me to go around…"

"WAKE UP!" Raven shouted in Beast Boy's ear, shaking him violently.

"GYAH?! What…who…oh, what's up, Raven…?" Beast Boy yawned and blinked slowly. He aimed a half-hearted wave in Starfire's direction, and then remembered his dream. "Oh…NO WAY!!!"

"I couldn't agree MORE," Raven snarled, tossing him to the floor.

"What's with the red eye, Raven? Is it that time of the eeeeeeek!!!" Beast Boy shrieked as an unseen force slammed him against the wall and kept him pinned there.

"Is this really necessary, Raven?" Starfire asked, throwing a concerned glance at Beast Boy.

Raven did not answer as she marched over to Beast Boy and grabbed his head. "Tell me your name," she growled.

"Beast Boy…?"

"Your REAL name!" Raven shouted, banging his head against the wall.

"OW!!! Cut it out, Raven!"

"THE NAME!!!" Raven roared in a voice that was clearly not her own.

Beast Boy's eyes became tiny pinpoints of fear. "Ga…Gar."

"Gar WHAT?!"

"Garfield….Logan…"

Raven frowned and released her hold, dropping him roughly on the floor. "Garfield? Like the President, or…"

"…the cat?" Starfire finished for her.

"Does it matter?!" Beast Boy picked himself up and stared warily at Raven. "Look, about the dream…"

"Not. Another. Word." Raven stalked out of the room.

Starfire turned to Beast Boy. "Are you alright?"

He waved her away and sat down. "I'll find out if my heart doesn't explode in the next few seconds…"

* * * * *

Cyborg woke up to find himself pinned by every last one of his weights. It was, obviously, not very comfortable, as many of his weights were VERY heavy, even by his standards.

"Assuming you cooperate," said a familiar voice somewhere above him, "I'll take them off."

"Raven?!" Cyborg tried to twist his neck so he could see her, but a weight directly across it prevented that. "What are you DOING?!"

"Tell me your real name and I'll let you up," Raven replied evenly.

"Vic Stone! Now get these things OFF me, girl!"

Raven floated away exactly one weight, which happened to be the largest. "There. With your strength, you should be able to escape in…maybe thirty minutes. Consider it my way of helping you train." With that, she flew from the room.

Starfire leaned over him, looking extremely apologetic. "I am deeply sorry about this, Cyborg. Raven has…not been herself tonight."

"I noticed. Don't worry about it, Star. She was right; it'll take a while, but I'll get out on my own."

Starfire nodded…but she couldn't help removing one of the smaller weights before hurrying after Raven.

* * * * *

Next Time: Raven sets out to unmask Robin, and what she finds is…confusing, to say the least.