Fan Fiction ❯ Toukikage Ken Kumori ❯ The Siege ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 1-The Siege (Written in Komori's Point of View)

It was a peaceful day in the Dragon Fields under my island home. My dragon, Skychaser, was nosing around in the grass around me. Skychaser was a cross between a Silver and a Red dragon, which turned its fur a lovely shape of purple. Skychaser was a small female dragon of 20 years old and was a natural fighter, despite her gentleness towards me. It was probably because of the fact that I grew up in these very fields. All of the dragons accepted me as their very own since I was 12 because I was a very peaceful visitor. But enough about the dragons, I'll talk about myself now. I am Lady Komorigachi Kouuaroshi, Princess of Estharin. I was of elvin heritage, although my mother said that I was a cross between elvin and something else I had long silver hair that extended past my waist. Also I had these eerie silver eyes that usually frighten those of human and elvin descendant. I was dressed in light purple robes for the moment, having came from an important meeting with my parents.

"Skychaser," I called out softly. The calm-natured dragon bounded over to me in an instant, with several blades of grass in her mouth. I chuckled and ran my hand along her smooth puma-like face as she swallowed the blades of grass. It was nearly dusk and I knew that my mother, Mindanao would start worrying.

"Come on, Skychaser," I ordered. "Mother will be expecting us soon." With a grunt that sounded more like an annoyed groan, Skychaser scooped me up with her paws and jumped into the sky. Immediately, she caught a thermal and zoomed upward. We were seconds away from Crystalia, and my home, the Crystal Palace. Skychaser set me down on a side path near the edge of Crystalia and flew back down to the fields. I sighed and walked up to the Crystal pathway to the palace. My father, Lord Meric was waiting at the door. Meric was a tall, thin elvin who had shoulder long silver hair and vivid blue eyes. He wore white pants and a blue shirt with the emblem of Estharin on them.

"Father," I said pleasantly as I bowed in deep respect.

"Komori, we have to talk," Meric said grimly. I could notice that something was wrong.

"What is the matter, Father?" I asked.

"You cannot go back to the fields anymore," Meric said. "For fear of invaders."

"But what about Skychaser and the other dragons?" Surely Father knew that the dragons were family to me.

"They will be fine," Meric assured. I didn't think so, at least. But I was in no mood to disobey him. He sighed and placed his hand on my shoulder. He knew that I hated the idea of the dragons being in danger. Just then, the door to the royal chamber swung open and my mother, Lady Mindanao stepped out. My mother was a tall, thin woman with long black hair and green eyes. She was dressed in her silver traveling robes and black boots. That was the very first time I saw her in those kinds of clothes.

"Mother," I began. "What is going on?"

"We must leave at once," She replied grimly. I nodded slowly, not really understanding the direness of this situation. Mindanao grabbed my hand and took me along several hallways. I didn't have the nerve to stop and ask what was wrong, until an explosion rocked the palace, nearly knocking all of us off of our feet. I saw my mother pull out the flute that she normally used to call the dragons and played it. This particular tune, I knew, was to call Skychaser.

"No! I will not leave you here!" I yelled as Skychaser circled up to the platform. Meric started to reach for me, but was stopped with a wave of my mother's hand.

"Komori, you are the crown princess of Estharin and the only heir. If they catch you, they will most likely kill you. So...go," Mindanao said. I nodded my head slowly and climbed onto Skychaser's back.

"Promise me you'll live," I whispered as Skychaser began flapping away. My mother nodded with tears in her eyes. Suddenly, another explosion at the Palace dissolved it from my sight.

"No!" I screamed. I quickly stood up and called out to Skychaser.

"Turn back! We must help them!" I yelled at the dragon. She answered with a snort. I couldn't believe that my dragons disobedience. Suddenly a ball of fire zoomed past her wing, nearly startling Skychaser. She veered off to the side and swooped down as I slid down her back to her tail quickly. I let out a loud whine just to let Skychaser know that I was in trouble. But she never heard it. She was struck on her side by another ball of fire, sending me flying towards the ground. The last thing I saw was Skychaser flying quickly away, never to return.