Fan Fiction ❯ Tourniquet ❯ Tourniquet ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Tourniquet

Disclaimer: Teen Titans is not mine, and neither is the Evanescence song "Tourniquet". So please do not sue me.

BTW, the flashback is from the episode "Betrayal." However, it's not totally the same. Oh well.

As she lay there on the cold, hard ground, her blood staining the area around her a bright crimson. She should see her life flash before her eyes. But the most painful memories were the ones she had spent with the Teen Titans. Somehow, the pain of betraying them had never fully healed.

* I tried to kill the pain

But only brought more

I lay dying

And I'm pouring crimson regret and betrayal

I'm dying praying bleeding and screaming

Am I too lost to be saved

Am I too lost? *

One memory in particular swam before her head. It was when she was in the funhouse.

"I'm sorry, I'm really, really sorry," she sobbed. "I didn't mean for this to happen."

"Then why did you let it?" She looked up to see Beast Boy standing there, looking angry.

* My God my tourniquet

Return to me salvation

My God my tourniquet

Return to me salvation *

"I-don't know," she answered, "Slade took me in, and saved me from myself. He said I owed him, but-"

"I can't believe you! After all we did, and you still betrayed us?"

* Do you remember me

Lost for so long*

"You said we'd be friends no matter what," she protested, but Beast Boy looked at her, and said in a cold, venomous voice,

"Slade was right. You have no friends."

Just then, Slade stepped out of the Shadows.

"It's time to go," he told her, then they disappeared into the darkness.

*Will you be on the other side

Or will you forget me?

I'm dying praying bleeding and screaming

Am I to lost to be saved

Am I too lost?

"TERRA!"

The voice cut through her thoughts like a hot knife through butter. Lifting her head up- although this caused her some pain- she saw Beast Boy running towards her. The pain in her heart lifted but not that much.

* My God my tourniquet

Return to me salvation

My God my tourniquet

Return to me salvation *

"I'm sorry," he said. "Maybe if I hadn't been so mean to you, you wouldn't have left with Slade-"

"No," she corrected him "It's my fault. I let him take over me. He made me think I had no friends. And he made me do all those bad things. And for that, I'm sorry."

And with that, her eyes closed for the very last time.

* My wounds cry for the grave

My soul cries for deliverance

Will I be denied Christ

Tourniquet

My suicide *

Yeesh. Pretty sappy, dont'cha think? Well, if you try the flame me, then I'll flame you right back. Got it?

(Holds up a flame thrower and smiles evilly)