Fan Fiction ❯ Ty in NY ❯ What A Day….. ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ty in NY
Chapter Two: What A Day…..
 
He finally went home at 5:43, just before my mom pulled into the drive.
He hadn't lied.
He lives right next door to me.
Oh joy.
My mom came in, dropped her stuff on the floor of the entrance hall and kicked off her shoes, joining me in the kitchen, where I was contemplating my now messed up new life.
“How was school?” she said pulling out the jar of peanut butter.
“Fun, I met a lot of people.” I said absently.
“How about the neighborhood, do you like it?” she was eating the peanut butter with a spoon. What a kid.
I groaned inwardly.
“I already met the neighbors.”
She missed the fake enthusiasm.
“Really? Well, we all have to go over there later, so your brother and I can meet them too. Which house is it?” she was licking the spoon clean now. I swear she's two at heart.
“The blue one.” I groaned.
Once again she missed the depressed nature of my words.
“We'll go over there after dinner then.” She said before putting the peanut butter away again and putting her shoes back on.
“I'm going to get your brother, put some soup on the stove and we'll eat when I get back.”
And she's gone. She must have ADD or something.
I pull out some chicken and rice soup and poured it into a pan. I turn the stove on and sighed before wandering back up to my room to check my email.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“How was school?” his mom asked as Ian walked through the front door.
“Fine.” He said, limping towards the stairs.
“What did you do this time?” she said, turning away from the omelets she had been grilling.
“Twisted my ankle.” He said gruffly.
“So, where were you?” she went back to the omelets.
“I was at the neighbor's house.”
“Oh, the ones who just moved here?”
“No, the little old couple that has been here since before the dinosaurs.”
“Don't be smart with me.” She said, he back to him.
Ian grinned to himself before tossing his back pack to the floor, and heading upstairs to his bedroom and signing on to the internet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
No new mail, not even from my old friends in Walla. Well, come to think of it, I never got much when I was there either. All we ever did was hang on chats.
I went to the website that hosted my old friends chat and signed on:
Walla Wackos:
 
Prettylilpeasant has signed on!
Rocknroll: yur here!
Prettylilpeasant: I kno!
rocknroll: hows ny?
rocknroll: we miss u already!!!!
Prettylilpeasant: I lov it, but its nuttin without u guys!
got-my-own-name: yay, we got lov!
Prettylilpeasant: <3 <3 <3
Rocknroll: so, got ne friends?
Prettylilpeasant: tons! I got a whole crowd, and I'm already goin to a party on Friday
Got-my-own-name: ne hot guys???
prettylilpeasant: yup!
I sat back in my chair as the questions continued and sighed happily. Thanks to this chat, I could still keep all of my friends! I sat watching the convo and heard the doorbell ring.
I ran down to answer it and found Ian and a woman who I guessed was his mom standing in the threshold.
“Um…hi.” I said, shocked and curious.
“Hello, my name is Diane Mc Rigor, Ian's mom, he said he already met you, we live next door and want to welcome you to the neighborhood.” She said with a smile.
I glanced at Ian who had an embarrassed-angry look. I smirked to myself and then turned back to his mom-Diane.
“Well, thanks, so much, would you like to come in?” I said pleasantly while Ian rolled his eyes; he knew I was doing this just to annoy him, and he was right. (Insert evil grin here)
“Well, you seem to have moved in nicely, it's a beautiful home.” Mrs. Mc Rigor said. It seemed too weird to call her Diane, even to myself.
“Well, thank you again. Would you guys like something to drink, or eat?” I said, playing hostess.
“Oh that's very nice of you, but we just came to invite you to dinner.” Ian put his head in his hands in exasperation. I laughed to myself, but was unable to hide my smile. But wasn't really sure I wanted to go.
“Uh, my mom isn't home right-”
“Great! See you in an hour!”
And then I must have blinked, because when I opened my eyes again they were both gone.
“How do I get myself into these situations?” I grumbled but soon smiled…..perfect revenge on Ian. I'm not really sure exactly what for, but it should still be fun.
My mom, with my brother in tow, walked in the door again minutes later and stirred the soup, which I had completely forgotten about.
“The neighbors invited us over in an hour.” I said.
“What?” my mom asked in surprise.
“The neighbors I told you about, came over and invited us over for dinner in an hour. Just put the soup in a fancy bowl or something and we can bring it.”
My mom nodded and did as I said. I love being the smart one.
Back at my computer, I laughed at my friends' worried cries, wondering where I was, and then giving up and talking about something else. I read all of their ims and laughed at some of them, smiling and thinking to myself about how much I would miss them. I typed:
Prettylilpeasant:I'm going to the neighbors for dinner, ttyl!!!
Got-my-own-name: bye Tynia!!!!!
rocknroll: peace!
Git_er_dun: <3
Rainbows&ponnies: heart ya!
Prettylilpeasant: <3 bye!
Prettylilpeasant has signed off!
 
I smiled to myself and got out of the computer chair, walking to my armoire and looking through my clothes to find something to wear to dinner. I finally decided to just change my shirt, and I put on a long-sleeved baby tee that had a picture of the abominable snowman on it. I smiled and went to the bathroom to re do my make up and my hair.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The door bell rang at 6:54 and Ian was forced off the couch to answer it.
“What?” was his reply to my standing in the door, my mom and little brother cowering behind me.
“Welcome!!” Ian's mom yelled as she pushed him out of the way and pulled us in the door. She dragged us through the house, her opinion of a tour and pushed down onto the couch in the big warm parlor. There was an old man dozing on the recliner and Ian was now on the floor after his mom had forced him there to make room for us on the couch. Ian's mom was now perched on the rocker, silent and waiting for complements about her home. My family was too stunned so I started.
“You have a really nice house Mrs. Mc Rigor.”
Mom finally snapped out of her stupor.
“Yes, Mrs. Mc Rigor, you have a very lovely home. It's also a pleasure to meet you; my name is Trudie Manchester.”
I never knew my mom could sound so…..smart.
“How long have you lived in New York?”
“Oh, Ian, Ian's father, and I are born and bred in NY.”
“Ian has a dad?” I asked stupidly.
Ian just kinda turned to me, with a stupid looking face on his head. I gave him a look and said, “Never mind, it was a dumb question.”
“Yeah.” Ian mumbled.
Ian's mom gave him a look similar to the one I had given him and said to me; “No, it wasn't dear, his father is just on a business trip.”
“I knew that…of course.” I said embarrassedly, “Um…here, we brought soup for dinner.”
Ian's Mom-Diane-laughed and then asked us to wait there while she finished dinner. Se took the pot and walked back through a hall that led to the kitchen. I knew this only because she gave us a tour of her house…..and because her house is built almost exactly like ors is……
Awkward silence. Why do those always happen to me? But wait….I just remembered the terrible torture I'm suppose to be reeking upon Ian. Hehehehehehe.
“So…Ian.” I started, earning a glare from said person.
“What?” he glowered.
“I was just wondering how long you've known Krista.” I said as Ian's mom walked back into the room.
“Who's Krista?” she said, her mouth a straight line.
I could almost hear Ian gulp.
“Just a girl from school.” He said, wishing I would stop there.
“Really? It seemed like you two knew each other very well.” I said with the innocent eyes look.
My brother giggled and my mom groaned softly, they both could tell what I was up to.
“How well?” Ian's mom said with a slightly gruff voice.
Ian just sat there, the promise of death in his eyes, yet a tremor of fear in his voice.
“She's just a girl who bothers me all the time.” He said before getting up and walking into the direction his mom had entered from.
Mrs. Mc Rigor looked at me and she saw the innocence I had and smiled. She walked back into the kitchen and I could hear quiet talking between her and Ian. I smirked slightly. I'm such a bitch.
“Tynia…..” my mom warned, and I turned to look at her with the same innocent look.
“Don't give me that, I know you too well.” She said with a huffy voice.
A small chuckle was heard from the recliner and we all turned to see the old man, now awake, and laughing at the little soap opera that had gone on. I grinned sheepishly.
Ian and his mom walked back into the room and announced that dinner was ready. Well, his mom did, but Ian just kinda glared at the wall.
We all trailed into the dining room and looked at the dinner before us.
~I don't feel like talking about the meal, so let's skip ahead about a half hour. ~
“Wow, that was great.” I said as I sat back in my chair. Ian smiled slightly at my remark and my brother sighed, content from the meal as well. Ian's mom grinned proudly and cleared the dishes, nudging Ian to help her, and I rose to help as well.
“No need for that dear.” Mrs. Mc Rigor protested.
“No, I'm fine, I want to help.” I said politely as I followed Ian into the kitchen.
Once we were behind the closed door I could hear Ian's mocking tone.
“'How well do you now Krista?' How much of a brat do you have to be?.”
I couldn't hold back my little snort of laughter.
“Just paying you back for hell at school today.” I replied and walked back out for more dishes.
Ian and I continued to clear the dishes as his mom washed them and than herded us two up to his room.
“But…why?” Ian stammered in protest. For once, he and I were thinking the same thing.
“Oh, I don't know, you're the same age, you go to school together, go have fun.” She said with feigned enthusiasm.
I groaned as I was forced to follow him up the winding stairs to a hallway that held six different rooms. He went into the third door on the right and grudgingly held it open for me. I carefully walked through the threshold, trying to look for anything that might harm me….physically or mentally.
“Don't be stupid.” He said before closing the door behind me.
I stood in his room awkwardly as he went to his computer desk and signed on the internet. Darn, more common hobbies.
“Whatcha doin?” I asked in a childish voice.
“One handed typing.” He replied grinning.
“You're just a perv.” I replied before plopping myself on his bed and looking around the room. Ian's bedroom, of all the places I had to be, I was stuck in Ian's bedroom. His room actually wasn't that different than mine. His walls were a darker blue and the carpet was the same color. He had a Yankees theme for decoration, but it didn't really seem like he was that interested in it. He had so many other things in his room that it was hard to tell what he was interested in. He had sports magazines, sheet music, CDs, a large boom box, scuba gear, jazz sneakers, clothes lying every where, and he weirdest thing of all (yes, weirder than the scuba gear) was the giant love sack he had on the floor that had clothes, Yankees merchandise, and even more CDs piled onto it. Ok, so it's not that weird, but it is to me. I kicked off my shoes onto the giant baseball rug and stood up. Ian looked over at me and said: “What are you doing?”
“Oh, nothing.” I said and he turned back around.
I walked over to the love sack, picked up the junk that was sitting on it-I took three trips- and plopped myself down on it, stretching out and sighing.
Ian swiveled back around in his chair and cocked an eyebrow at me.
“You're cleaning that up.” He said a slight glint of laughter showing in his eye.
“Nope.” I smiled and closed my eyes, relaxing on the big bean bag. I sighed again and remembered when my dad had a love sack like this one, before we moved…..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ian tried his best to ignore the annoying girl that was sitting on his bed.
He went into his chat room and talked to his buds, aware only of himself and his computer.
~The following screen names belong to the following characters:
Idlywild05: Ian
Datingismything:
Lez
R
ichsucka: Mike
T
all_dark_handsome: Jamal
Citrus: Kiwi
O
ut_the_way!! : Shinequa
Blonde_at_its_best: Rachel
R
edsdoitbetter: Karen
¿que_pasa? :
Rosa
~
The Rollers of Gronald:
 
Idlywild05: she's sitting on my freakin bed!
Datingismything: then take advantage of the situation….;)
Citrus: she seriously lives right next door?
Idlywild05: ya!
Richsucka: omg, what I wouldn't do to have a hottie like that living rite next door to me
Tall_dark_handsome: dude, why are you guys even up in your room?
Idlywild05: my mom sent us up here…
Datingismything: ahthe mom thing
Idlywild05: dude you of al ppl should know how she is
Ian stopped when he heard something clunk onto the ground and turned to see that Tynia had kicked off her shoes.
“What are you doing?”
“Oh, nothing.” She replied with a smile and he turned back around to the computer.
Idlywild05: she's walking around my room, looking at my stuff….
Citrus: well why are you on the computer talking to us while she's here?
Idlywild05: cuz she's…..
He turned back around when another thump was heard and saw her lying on the lovesack; all of the things that had been piled on top of it were now strewn across the floor. He heard her sigh and smirked slightly.
“You're cleaning that up.” I said with laughter in my voice.
“Nope.” She smiled back and closed her eyes.
Idlywild05: she just dumped all my stuff from the love sack on the floor and is lying on it like it's her own room.
Datingismything: dude, u gonna let her mess up yur room?
Richsucka: his room's already messed up
Citrus: tell her to get on the computer
Idlywild05: wat????????
Tall_dark_handsome: ya, good idea
Citrus: ask her 4 her sn
Idlywild05: y?????????????????
Datingismything: ya!
Idlywild05:……..
Richsucka: do it
Ian turned around in his chair and cleared his throat loudly. Tynia opened her eyes and sat up, looking at him curiously.
“The guys wanna talk to you.” He said gruffly.
She got up and walked over to the computer.
“The Rollers of Gronald?” she asked quizzically.
“Stuff it.” Ian replied before getting up and pushing her onto the chair.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
I turned the chair around to face the computer, looking at the screen names, and laughing at some, already able to guess who some of them were.
Idlywild05: hey
Datingismything: Tynia?
Idlywild05: yup
Citrus: so….yur really stuck living next door to Ian?
Idlywild05: ya!
Tall_dark_handsome: lol
Richsucka: wat's yur usual sn?
Idlywild05: well, I'm usually on Washington chats
Richsucka: well start goin on ny chats
Idlywild05: prettylilpeasant
Idlywild05 has signed off!
Citrus: huh?
Prettylilpeasant has signed on!
Datingismything: oh, ok
Prettylilpeasant: ya……
Ian cleared his throat and I turned around to face him.
He gestured for me to get up and I did, not really that interested in chatting.
He sat down and then pulled me to sit next to him on the chair. I gave him a look and then turned back to the computer.
Prettylilpeasant has signed off!
Idlyild05 has signed on!
Citrus: ok, what's happening?
Idlywild05: nm, just got her off
Idilywild05: w/e Ian
Datingismything: dude, yur talking to yourself
Idlywild05: no, shes just sittin next to me
Idlywild05: and who's fault is that?
Idlywild05: yurs
Idlywild05: no, yurs
Idlywild05: no, yurs
Idlywild05: no, yurs
Idlywild05: dude, it was yurs
Idlywild05: nope
Idlywild05: just shut up
Idlywild05: u
Idlywild05: no u
Mike, Lez, Kiwi, and Jamal all sat dumbstruck at their computers in their houses.
 
By this time, Ian and I were playing tug-o-war with the keyboard and random letters were being sent into the chat:
Idlywild05: l;aef
Idlywild05: oisad ksdcnif
Ildywild05: 43ofvn
Idlywild05: jhfjkopdoipr4kjl54m;
Citrus: do ne of u guys have ne idea wat's goin on?
Idlywild05: kwhfkjsdbfkjldyvlsdnvkljergfkjdnvkljwrgiuer
Tall_dark_handsome: nope
Idlywild05: liauegfkjbfuisgiuwhr924657fbwi645to l3j4872t
Datingismything: god save us
Richsucka: I think its funny
Idlywild05 has signed off!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had the keyboard between us and we fell out of the chair, still tugging at it and rolling around. I pushed Ian off of me and he bumped the modem, causing the computer to go black, and I saw that he had turned the whole machine off. Ian didn't notice and kept fighting, causing me to keep going as well. Though, he finally did stop when we were on the other side of the room, the keyboard cord had been ripped off and he hit his head on the edge of the door, which had been opened by: his mom.
“Ian! What are you doing?!” she said in a quiet, but shaking voice.
He looked up at her and I gulped as well, his mom was a frightening sight when she was angry.
“Uh…Ty and me…..erg, I….Ty and I were just playing a game we learned at school, um……get the keyboard….Hehehehehehe, it's real fun…” he said quietly.
His mom refrained from blowing up in front of company and walked out of the room, leaving me and Ian on the floor, still grasping the keyboard.
Ian yanked the keyboard from my hands before getting up and walking over to the computer to plug it back in. He didn't bother to turn the machine back on, but he did attempt to cleanup the mess we had made when we were wrestling around the room. I cleared my throat and silently helped him. When the room was considerably clean, I picked up my shoes and plopped back onto the love sack, shoving them back onto my feet.
He sat on his bed and fiddled his fingers. I almost laughed at how weird it looked, big mister cocky guy sitting on his bed twiddling his fingers. He must have heard the laughter coming from my head-wait, how does that happen???- and looked up at me.
”What are you looking at?”
“Nothing.” I replied with a smile before Ian's mom came back into the room and asked us to come back downstairs.
My mom and my brother were sitting again on the couch. My brother had a starry eyed look-common to most 6 year olds, and my mom had a slightly angry look, but was trying to be polite and not show it.
I cleared my throat at the awkwardness and my mom rose.
“Well, Mrs. Mc Rigor, I had a lovely evening, thank you very much for inviting us over.”
“Yes, thank you very much.” I added timidly.
Mrs. Mc Rigor smiled politely and ushered us out the door.
The walk home was silent.
We entered the front door moments later and we all went our separate ways: to our bedrooms.
At least my mom wasn't pissed at me, or else I would have been yelled at by now. I laughed at what the possibilities could be….why was she mad? Oh well, I really don't care.
I smiled as I reached my bedroom door and signed onto the internet, deciding to log back onto that chat: The Rollers of Gronald. The name still made me laugh……
Prettylilpeasant has signed on!
Citrus: oh, yur back
Tall_dark_handsome: what happened over there??!
Prettylilpeasant: hehehehe….well, we eventually were playing tug-o-war with the keyboard….
Richsucka: I don't even wanna know how that happened
Prettylilpeasant: well, I still don't know who's who in this lil chat…..
Datingismything: Lez
Richsucka: Mike
Tall_dark_handsome: Jamal
Citrus: Kiwi
Prettylilpeasant: r u guys the only ones who use this chat?
Richsucka: pretty much…..
Citrus: but the chicks got one too, but they have a password on it
Prettylilpeasant: oh, well that's ok….
Just then, a private im popped up from Kiwi:
Citrus (private): the password is Gronald, the chat name is Sophies
Prettylilpeasant (private): o, thanx, how do u know the password?
Citrus (private): haha, funny story…..
Prettylilpeasant (private): o, than, nvm, not sure I want to know
Prettylilpeasant (private): lol
Citrus (private): lol
I closed the private window and signed off the chat, retiring to bed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Next Day:
~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up to the blaring alarm once again, and laughed out loud as I remembered the strange day I had yesterday.
Friday = Party.
Without getting dressed, or even into the shower yet I went down stairs to talk to my mom, she was still in bed: It's best to convince her when she's in the “groggy state”.
I shook her awake lightly and said:
“Hey mom, can I spend the night at my friend's house tonight? I'll just go home with her after school and I'll be back tomorrow. Can I?”
She turned around in the bed to face me.
“Hmmmmm….sure……wake your brother…..coffee….”
I let her continue to mumble herself into slumber and went to wake my brother: I picked him up, stripped him down and plopped him in the shower, turning the cold on high.
I went back up to my room and got into the shower myself and went through my usual morning routine.
An hour later-yes, it took me an hour to get ready; I stepped out of my front door dressed in faded blue jeans and an emerald green fitted hoodie that read: Eat a Monkey….yes, that's really what it says…. I also was wearing my grey converse and my hair in two low braided pigtails. My eyes were once again adorned with my usual green and black eyeliner and mascara. My tan messenger bag finished off the look as I walked down to the park once again. I began to think about the night ahead of me, about the party, and about the dare……that was the part I was totally dreading. I had my bag stuffed with homework and clothes and things for the party and for Rosa's house.
I reached the park just as the bus pulled in and I heard someone call my name.
“Tynia!”
I turned to see Shinequa waving at me from inside the bus and I hurried over to the doors, squeezed myself through and side stepped across the isle to get to the seats in the back.
“Hey guys.” I said as I huffed out my breaths.
So far, just as it had been yesterday, it was me, Shinequa, Karen, and Rachel, cruising in the back seats.
We continued on the ride until the next stop where we picked up Lez, Mike, Kiwi, Jamal, and Rosa. But of course with the coming of the guys also came the questions.
“Ok, Tynia, you need to tell us what went on at Ian's house yesterday.” Mike said in a gossipy girl voice.
I laughed nervously, not wanting everyone else to know about the unfortunate incident that is Ian. But of course, Mike succeeded and the 4 girls began their questions.
“What???”
”Why were you at Ian's house???”
“When did this happen?!”
”Where were you?????”
”Whose house were you at???”
I sighed as the questions continued and gave Mike a small glare.
“Ok, Ian lives next door to me, and I was at his house for dinner yesterday. After dinner we went up to his room and got on the computer, talking to these guys.” I pointed to the losers that had joined us. “But then we ended up fighting over the computer and just…..made a mess.” I said and pulled out my i-pod, not wanting anymore questions….and hopefully they read that sign.
I turned my music up high and closed my eyes, once and a while peeking to see what everyone else was doing. They were chatting and smirking. I rolled my eyes and turned off my music as the bus stopped at the next stop.
As I put my i-pod away, I over heard the now whispered conversation that was going on in the back seat.
“Did you seriously dare her to do that?” Mike said again, in that stupid gossipy voice.
“Yeah, I just hope she goes through with it.” Rosa giggled.
“When does she have to do this?” Kiwi asked.
“Wait…you didn't tell them did you?” I asked Shinequa, Rosa, Karen and Rachel incredulously.
“Yup! Now you absolutely have to do your dare.” Rachel grinned.
“That's not fair!” I whined.
“It's totally fair!” Rosa said.
“Peer Pressure!!” I screamed in feign distress, throwing my head into my hands.
“So you will do your dare?” Lez asked mischievously.
“I-I never sa-said that…” I replied, “Plus, I can't if the person… that it relates to already knows about it!” I smirked, hoping the object of my dare was sitting in our group. Shoot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back with the object of the dare…….
Ian woke slowly, late as usual and hurried though his morning routine.
He hopped onto the bus as it passed his house and ate his bagel in four large bites.
He hopped back off the bus and walked quickly to the school building to empty his back-pack and find a certain girl……
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The bus arrived at the school much sooner than it had the previous day, or so it seemed to me. I got off, lugged my bag to my locker and ventured off with Rosa, getting all the details about tonight into my brain so that I wasn't wandering aimlessly through my mind in thought or something.
“Ok, so after school, we're skipping Dada Palace and going straight to my house, getting ready for the party, etc. and than going to the party of course. Then whenever we feel like leaving, we'll go to my house and sleep off our tiredness. Sound good?” Rosa asked the group of giddy school girls (yes, including me…) and we all cheered, running through the school. Apparently, this group of girls usually ran around the school like buffoons, so all the other students were used to it. I laughed as we ran and entered the commons, where homeroom was held.
“Ok girls, check in time, meet back here in ten minutes. Go!” Shinequa announced as we all pretended we were on a soccer team and all put out hands in, letting them fly up when she said “Go!”
I ran to find Mrs. Lard, (Mrs. Carder) and found her, once again, scolding Ian. I smirked and decided to play the innocent, but mischievous girl.
“Excuse me, Mrs. Carder?” I asked in a polite little toddler voice.
“What?” she growled, turning her head sharply towards me. Ian was glaring at the ground.
“Um, I'm sorry to interrupt you, but I was just checking in with you, like you told me to do yesterday.” I said with fake shyness.
She nodded gruffly, and turned back to Ian. I lingered to over hear the scolding.
“That type of behavior is not appropriate for school. You should know that by now.” She growled, reverting back to meanie lard mode.
“Yes ma`am.” Ian replied before Meanie Lardy waved her hand as dismissal.
Ian stalked off, and I followed discreetly, winding through the crowd of home-roomers.
He ended up going into the hallway that held our locker and opened his. I went to mine as well, trying to blend in, and Ian didn't even pay attention. I began to just kinda fiddle with the things in my locker, not coming out of my world until I heard Ian's voice, and a girl's voice that sounded familiar.
“Ian, what are you doing after the party?” a voice cooed.
“I dunno, maybe crashing at your place?” he replied, his smirk almost audible.
`Of course he and that Krista girl are hooking up, or even more possible, he just uses her. Jerk.' I huffed to myself, I always knew he was that kinda guy, but I guess I had just hoped that he wasn't.
“Sounds good babe.” Krista replied.
I closed my locker quietly and glanced over at the now glued together couple. I rolled my eyes and walked back to the commons.
I arrived back in my group and well plopped onto the group, right in the middle of al the hubbub, so he had to keep on the look out for tramplers.
“Ok, guys, about my dare…” I started
”Not backing down are you?” Rachel asked with an evil glint in her eyes.
“Well, Ian, you see, he's kinda taken, so I can't do anything like that.
“Oh, you've met Krista?” Karen asked with a bored look.
“Well, yesterday I did for a moment.” I replied, wondering where she was going with this.
“Well, Ian and Krista have always been an item…unofficially. Well, they dated once, but it was once and then they hated each other for a while. But now they just kinda hook up once in a while, I dunno, to keep them selves happy or whatever. Sickos.” Karen laughed.
“I see. Well, I still can't, because they're going to the party together.”
“Then we'll just pick someone else.” Shinequa added with a smile.
I groaned, putting my head in my hands once again.
“Who?”
“Lez.”
”What about Janice?”
”He's breaking up with her today. He's been wanting to forever! You've seen how annoying she is?”
”Yeah….but….why Lez?”
”Well….because, he's available.” Karen smirked.
“And no one else on the planet is?”
”Not tonight…..”
'God save me……'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~< /div>
Whelp, lunch has come, the day went by awkwardly. Ian and I had some kind of silent agreement to not talk unless it was perfectly necessary. Huzzah!
Lez actually broke up with Janice during homeroom and told us about it at lunch, where Janice and her friends happened to be absent.
The table consisted of (in order around the circle, starting with me and going to my left):
Moi, Rosa, Jamal, Kiwi, Karen, Rachel, Lez, Ian, Krista, Mike, and Shinequa.
We all sat, eating, talking, eating and talking at the same time, goofing off, and just being teenagers during the lunch period, finally being let out and sent back to our classes.
Drama class: so far one of my favorite classes.
It turns out that almost our entire lunch table is in the same drama class: Me, Lez, Ian, Kiwi, Shinequa, Rosa, and Mike. Even though it was kinda a guy overpowering the girls thing going on, it was still fun.
“All right class, please take our seats, I have an announcement.” Mrs. Siena, the drama teacher said as she walked into the room beaming.
We all took our seats at big round tables, each table held 5 so a few of us were pushed off.
“Alright, as you know today is Friday-” Mike made whoop, reminding everyone of his party and causing the class to cheer. I just laughed.
“Right. Well, anyway, we have a class trip coming on Wednesday of next week. I know it's short notice, but I know you will all want to attend. We are going to be visiting Beverly Hills Acting Academy for 2 weeks!”
The whole class cheered, and I joined in. I have always wanted to go to Beverly Hills. Actually, our table was so excited about it that we all started to sing part of the Beverly Hills song, cuz we're cool like that.
Beverly Hills
That's where I want to be
Livin' in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Rolling like a celebrity
Livin' in Beverly Hills


I wanna live a life like that
I wanna be just like a king
Take my picture by the pool
'cause I'm the next big thing

Beverly Hills
That's where I want to be
Livin' in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Rolling like a celebrity
Livin' in Beverly Hills
……
And then we just kinda died off, Mrs. Siena stopping us, but that didn't stop the self-given applause we received from the rest of the class, and ourselves, teacher included, and our table all stood and gave bows, getting the class further and further off task.
“Ok, shut up!” she called out as we finally quieted. She passed out forms, permission slips and such and explained the details of the trip. We would be staying in a nice hotel, and would be guests in acting classes at Beverly Hills. We would be working with famous actors/actresses and also be visiting the Idyllwild Arts Academy. I was UBER SYCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was hyper the rest of the school day, and it didn't go unnoticed.
“Are you really that excited?” Rosa asked nervously as we left the drama classroom.
“Yeah! I've always wanted to go to Beverly Hills and to Idyllwild! Plus it's a two week trip? How cool is that???!!!!! At my old school we never had trips that didn't have us back home before school was over.” I bounced down the hall, getting strange looks from passersby, and I over heard them whispering: “New kids…they're always weird…”
I ignored them and headed to my next class in glee.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Study Hall
I was still pretty excited, but now everyone was used to my hyper-ness. I had no homework today so I messed around with Kiwi again. Now that I knew the people better, I had begun to realize who was a really good friend, and who was not. Shinequa and Rosa were like my pair, they were he two friends that kept me sane. Kiwi is like the best friend I could possibly ever have, we were interested in the same things, we were always partners in Drama activities, and we were just over all good friends. (Yes, I know that it's only my second day, but this is what I think.) Rachel, and Karen were really close to each other, so it was kinda hard to be really good friends with either one, but they were still great to hang out with. Ian is just the annoying and slightly disliked neighbor. Well, not really, I like him, as a friend, but it was one of those friend ships were you show you care by being mean to them. It was a strange mutual thing we shared. Lez and Mike were the two perverted psychos. That's all I'm going to day about them. Jamal is sweet, nice, and totally devoted to Rosa; makes me a little bit jealous. Krista just kinda hangs around Ian, not really close to any of us, but not distant either. I guess my first impression of her was wrong. She seems kinda nice.
Well, Kiwi and I just kinda messed around all through study hall as others kept getting mad about all the noise we were making, because, apparently, they have homework. Yeah, like they would ever do homework.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The bell rang and Rosa had us all meet at her locker. I went to mine, got all my stuff and then remembered a very crucial piece of information, or rather remembered that I didn't know what the very crucial piece of information was. I had NO CLUE where Rosa's locker was.
Great.
I began wondering around aimlessly. Well, not really aimlessly, because I was aiming to end up at Rosa's locker, but…….never mind. I continued to wander the halls in search of my friends when I, once again ran into a pair of lovers. Guess who? It seems it is inevitable that I see them lick each other to death.
Yes, if you didn't already guess, Krista and Ian. Well, being the idiot I am, I just kinda stood there in shock, until Ian looked up at me, his eyes showing slight surprise. It was then that I found my brain and rolled my eyes at him, walking down the hall and past him and his moaning friend. Really, she was moaning like a frickin horse!
I sighed as I left the hall way and entered a new one, now reforming my search for my friends. I went down a few more hallways when I heard someone running along behind me. I expected it to be some other loser who was late for his/her bus or something, but was surprised when this person pushed me against the wall as they passed.
“Hey!” I yelled as I turned to see who it was.
Lez stopped and turned around surprised.
“What are you doing?” I asked in a laughing voice as I walked beside him.
“Just trying to catch the bus.” He said in a totally non-believable way.
“Riiiiiiiiiight.” I said sarcastically. “Who're you running from?”
”Janice. I swear she's gone stalker ever since I broke it off.”
“Lez, she was in stalker mode since the moment I met her.” I replied.
“Hehe…” he answered as we heard approaching footsteps. We of course knew who it was because Janice had chosen this specific day to wear slutty stiletto heels to school.
I pulled him by the collar of his button down shirt and dragged him into the girl's bathroom that just happened to be right next to me. We kind just hid out in there till we heard her heels click away and laughed. But then I realized that I had brought him into the girl's bathroom, so it got really awkward, really fast.
I dragged him back out and we walked out of the school building, finding Rosa, Shinequa, Rachel, and Karen waiting impatiently for me.
“Hey guys, I've been looking everywhere for you.” I said, relieved.
“About time!” Rosa smiled before taking my arm in the crook of hers and walking me off with the rest of our group, leaving Lez to say:
”See you guys at the party.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rosa's house was B-E-A-U-tiful.
I found that she lived in a rich neighborhood, and that her house was the only one in the neighborhood that was styled in a very original Mexican design. The cream colored stone that was the outer walls was sparkling clean, the surrounding yard/garden was gracefully trimmed and the bushes were sculpted. Yes, sculpted; into various things: an armadillo, a cactus, and uniquely shaped trees. I gaped at the house, just the outside of it, and the others laughed, while Rosa looked questioningly at us all.
“Don't worry, we all had that reaction at first. But, I don't think Rosa really gets it that she's rich.” Shinequa whispered to me. I smiled sheepishly before following them into the house. I don't even think I need to explain my reaction to it, nor could I ever explain how beautiful the interior was. We tracked up into Rosa's bedroom after kicking off our shoes and grabbing a bunch of junk food.
I gasped when the door opened and saw how pretty her room was.
Two of the walls were painted a deep fuchsia, while the other two were a smoky turquoise. The décor was very Arabian, with a modern flair, perfect for relaxation and having fun all at once. The bed was covered in fancy sheets and blankets, all of them bright rare colors. Silk drapes hung from the ceiling around the bed, but not like a four-poster bed, but just enough of the bed was covered for it to look laid back. The carpet was the same white as mine, but covered in hand-woven rugs. There were posters on the wall, of various pop performers and hunky actors. The furniture was all made of dark ebony wood and accented with brass. I adored her room.
Once again the three girls laughed at me and Rosa just rolled her eyes as we all sat down on her floor. The bags of chips were opened, the cookies thrown onto a plate and the jar of pickles un-screwed. We threw our backpacks in the corner of the room and kicked back, munching and talking.
”So, what happened with Lez at school?” Rachel asked pointedly.
“Oh, nothing, I was just helping him avoid Janice.” And added with a fake coughing fit: “Um…in the girl's bathroom…”
“Are you serious?” Shinequa burst out and the rest of us laughed.
”Yeah, I wasn't thinking, but the next thing I knew we were sitting there hunched in the bathroom. It was really weird. So I dragged him outta there.”
“Damn straight!” Karen said.
“So, how are you gonna pull off this dare of yours?” Rosa added.
“Is this some kind of new-kid torture?”
”Totally.”
“Yup.”
“Exactly.”
”Of course!”
They all sounded at the same time, so all I heard was a sound that of course meant: “Duh!”
I sighed before stammering; “Well, then you all have to do something too. Otherwise it's totally unfair.”
“Oh ok, well, what should we do?” Shinequa asked.
”I know! We'll go around in a circle and each person has to pick the dare for the one next to them. Tynia, since you already have yours, you start for Rosa.” Rachel said.
“Ok, well since I have to hit first base with Lez……” I started.
“Yeah, I still don't get why you're getting so worked up about it. It's just first base. Unless….” Rosa continued.
“You've never been kissed?!” All four of them exclaimed in shock, tackling me with hugs and tickles and “awwws”. I just laughed nervously as I struggled my way out of the pile of girls.
“Yeah, ok, so what? I'm a little nervous. Plus, I just met all of you guys like yesterday. Which, when I think about it, isn't that long.”
“Oh, ok, I'm feeling bad; Tynia shouldn't have to use up her first kiss on Lez. So, we'll come back to you with a new dare.” Shinequa sympathasized.
“Ok, now before I make my dare for Rosa, I must know: How far have you gone with Jamal?”
Shinequa giggled as Rosa smiled dreamily.
“Well, we haven't gone all the way, but….we've had our fun.” She giggled.
The rest of us smiled impishly. “Details!” we all yelled, the tackle fest now targeting her.
“No, no, no, not right now any way. I'm hoping for something tonight, so I'll tell you guys everything tomorrow.”
“Party pooper.” We all groaned.
“Yeah, yeah, so on with the dare.”
“Well….um……ok……I think I got one….wait, no……ok….no…” I rambled, trying to think of a good dare. I really suck at this game.
“Oh my god, Tynia!” Rachel gasped.
“You mean to tell me that you aren't a good darer?”
“Guilty.”
“Gosh, what will we do with you?” Shinequa groaned.
“Ok, then we'll just start with you and come back to Tynia later.” Rosa said pointing at Shinequa.
“Um…ok, well, Karen, you will……hit second base with Kiwi.” She smirked.
“Well, since those were already my plans…” she grinned back.
We all laughed.
“Ok, now Karen lets have something creative for Rachel.”
“Well, she's going to the party with this kid named Pat, but as she has shared with me…..she doesn't want to go with him. So, you're dare is to…. Pick up someone else at the party and give him a lap dance right in front of Pat.”
“Haha! That's a good one!” Rachel exclaimed.
“Wow, we're all just a bunch of bxtches.” Rosa snickered.
“That's horrible!” Shinequa and I both said.
“Exactly!” the other three replied.
Then we all just laughed again for an eternity.
Ok, I lied, because we were talking again in like 4 minutes.
“Right. My turn.” Rachel said, thinking over the horrible torture that she was going to ensue upon me. Wait, bad vocab, I have no idea what ensue means…..inconceivable!
(Also bad vocab, but I just like saying inconceivable…..)
“Alright, Tynia. You have to hit half-way to first base with any guy of your choice, as long as he's not taken. And, we need to see some moves with this guy on the dance floor!” she said.
I laughed and grudgingly agreed. Plus, the moves, I can do.
“Ok, this dance better be hot, other wise I'll be gone before any of you realized what happened!” Shinequa exclaimed.
“Yeah, this better be better than the parties we had in Walla, cuz I'm ready for something new!”
“Word up!” Rosa yelled.
”Ok, no…..” Karen sighed.
She's right…..we did go a little too far……
“Anyways, Tynia, your turn. But, if you need it, we can all group up and decide one for Rosa, since she actually has a boyfriend and cause Tynia can't dare to save her life.”
“I choose choice b.” I said right away and we all huddled up, leaving Rosa to munch on her food.
“Alright, what is going to challenge her, cause I mean, Jamal and her have been to together for like two years.” Rachel stated.
“Well, any ideas???”
“Sex?” Karen offered.
“Naw, we don't know if they're ready for that.”
“Head?” Shinequa put in.
“We could ask her, but if she doesn't want to then no.”
We all turned back and asked her.
“And here I thought you all were going to challenge me.” She smirked.
We all burst out laughing.
“Have you really?” Karen asked.
“Um…on more than one occasion.” She said proudly, “But this does not leave my room.”
“Of course!” we all agreed.
“Ok, Shinequa, what shall your fate be?” Rosa said, stroking her chin.
“Well, I happen to be going to the party with Scott.” She stated proudly.
I choked on my coke.
“What?”
“You know him?”
“Yeah….”
“How??”
“He and Ian practically hate each other, so on more than one occasion I got caught in their little fights.”
“Understandable.” Shinequa nodded.
“Anyways, your dare.” Rosa cut in.
“Right.”
“Second base fine?”
“Absolutely.” Shinequa smiled.
“OK, then, is everyone set?”
“Yup.” We all replied before taking our sodas and bashing them together in cheers.
“Okay, now what are we all going to wear?” Rosa asked with that look on her face.
What look you say? You know what look. The look that every girl gets before……shopping!!!!!!
Yes, Rosa is that rich. She took us all to the mall to find something to wear.
2 hrs and 5 ice creams later we came home with 5 shopping bags-each.
Rosa some how convinced us not to pay her back, but I think I'll slip a twenty in her house somewhere-at least its something.
Anyway, we all bought a whole new outfit to wear; makeup, shoes, hair stuff, and we bought random things that caught our eye. Rosa had assured us it was okay, so we relented. I had a blast.
For tonight I had a new pair of jeans, faded and a perfect fit, not skin tight, but pretty dang close, and then baggy near the bottom. I got a new pair of high-tops, bright pink with black and white stripes and blue, green and yellow polka dots. Yes, complicated, but they're one of a kind so of course I got them. I got hot pink eyeliner and of course the girly black liner too. I got glitter lotion that left little sparkles where I put it on and silver nail polish. Also, just to feel sexy, we all got lingerie sets to wear for the night. Not too slutty, but definitely hot. For tonight as well I got a baby tee, a bright, but not lime, green and it read: “Sweet and Spicy, Naughty and Nice.” Except the sweet and the nice had big x's through them. The shirt was a form fitting one so I wore it proud. I decided to leave my hair down, but I curled into little spirals away from my face, so it was still really casual.
Shinequa wore a pair of loose khakis and a blue v-neck tee with her new sketchers. Her hair was in corn rows with purple extensions mixed in. Rosa wore a pink tank top with a half jean jacket and red cords, her hair in a plait down her back. Rachel and Karen both wore skirts and flip flops, but of different colors. Karen had on a long-sleeve purple polo and Rachel wore a red baby tee that read: “Fell In Love With A Country Boy.”
We left Rosa's house at 6:30 and arrived at the club in ten minutes, stepping out of Rosa's dad's red Porsche.
The building was painted a deep burgundy with white accents. There were about 4 floors and the windows were all cleaned to a shine-and it was night time. We could hear the music booming out of the doors and could see some of the flashing lights through the windows. We all smiled and took the few steps to the doors.