Fan Fiction ❯ V.R. Virtual Reality ❯ Initiation ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter One: Initiation

"Finally, Brother, I will be able to reunite with you. I will be able to see your soft white face. Please, realize the clue in my name and come for me. Big brother...I really miss you. Please remember the promise you made to me.... please...."

In a deserted area with numerous sand dunes floating above the sea of sand, the wind was carrying tufts of sand within it. In between the sea of sand are two girls. One of the girls has red hair; her bangs and her hefty braid billowing in the wind. Her face is covered with two light circular red marks on her cheeks as well as another on her forehead. Her green eyes are flittering around, taking in all of the scenery. On her shoulders are plates that looked similar to light armor, connected to it was a straight strap-less shirt that is tight all the way down to her waist where it flared out slightly. Beneath the flare is a light pink skirt that covered most of her thigh, and held tightly in place by slight armor that covered the sides of her thighs. On her feet were pinkish-red boots that went up to her knees, where they acted as knee guards, and on her arms were reddish pink gloves that went up to her elbow. These were merely means of armor. Her codename is: Momoki of the Heavy Blades.

Next to her is another girl with dark green hair that has two pieces of hair tied so that they fall over her shoulders slightly [only a little of hair is tied]. She has golden eyes. Her costume is consisting of a puffy red jacket like top with no buttons or zippers; it puffs out at the arm ends and a rather large collar that stretches way out. Beneath the jacket is a black shirt that is similar to her partners, and beneath it is a dark red skirt, which has several golden markings on it, that is also supported by two armor plates on the sides of her thighs. On her feet are boots that go up slightly past her knees and they are brownish-gold with slight red patches. On her hands are two big gloves that seem too big for her hands and they are red. Also, on her face were three diamond shaped marks, all golden. Her codename is: Kirame of the Wave masters. [Yes, I stole them from. hack…. i have no creativity in me…]

"Kirame, do you think we opened the text file correctly? I really don't think we are supposed to start at wasteland central!" commented the redhead as she held her head in her hands, faking a desperate look. "And I thought I followed the directions correctly this time!"

" Hmm, it seems like we are in the right area. However… it did look more like a village in the guide. Didn't it Momoki? Well, let's just walk...this way, north!" replied the green haired girl, Kirame, as she pointed in one direction, only guessing that it was north, and started walking in that direction.

"Shouldn't we be there already?" whined Momoki, thinking they were definitely lost and without any hope of finding any server.

"WAHHHHHH!" cried Kirame as she fell to the sandy ground dramatically. "I think we are completely and totally lost! No, I know it!! And we have to get to the Cavern of Time server before we can save our status!"

"Such ignorant girls...I guess I could, perhaps, level up by fighting them. I believe that I will..." remarked an eerie voice from out of nowhere.

"Kirame?" asked Momoki hesitantly, her voice shaking.

"Stop trying to make me scared, I am already totally bummed out as it is. We have school tomorrow, and I haven't even saved my status." Kirame mourned as she thought about what time it was.

"Now, now. You know that you shouldn't whine when you are in the dunes of distress." reprimanded the strange voice, once again from out of nowhere.

"M-momoki?" inquired Kirame in a frightened tone.

"I-it's not me..." replied Momoki in a whisper.

"'Tis me, Zero! The undefeated, of course." commented the lithe figure from above Momoki and Kirame. He was levitating of course. His costume was odd, it had lots of black on it, as well as dark green. His hair was dirty green and his face had three red signs on it, seemingly glowing against his dark hair.

"Wait! No you can't attack us! We are new players! We don't even know how to fight!" cried Momoki and Kirame as they ran away, leaving a trail of dust in their wake.

"To bad for you and the loss of my time." spat Zero as he sped after the girls, quickly gaining on them and confronting them easily, with a front flip.

"Ah! No! I don't want to die in the first two hours of my game!" cried Momoki.

"Please...we didn't provoke you!" cried Kirame, trying to make him feel some guilt so that he would spare them.

"Death is my best friend and your worst adversary!" cried Zero as he ripped a scythe from out of thin air and slung it at the cowering girls.

"Now, now, Zero. Weren't we just having a slight bout? And if I do remember correctly, death wasn't such a good friend of yours either. So why don't you leave those two girls alone and fight with us." commanded a handsome figure from above, his raven black blue-ish, hair flowed in the wind in the form of the ponytail it was in. [not a long ponytail] He was standing atop a seldom tree, looking down upon Zero, a grin on his smug face.

"Yes, I do believe you were to rough with them. They are new players. They don't even know how to defend or how to attack." remarked another fine-looking figure as he grabbed twin blades from out of nowhere, his dark red hair flowing behind him. However his hair wasn't as long as the other's.

"No!" cried Zero as he lunged at the two new figures, causing them to jump back with little effort. "To bad for you! But now I have them!"

"Crap!" cursed the blue haired boy as he realized Zero was going to slice the green haired girl into bits.

"AH!" squeed* Kirame as she fell back, afraid of the scythe. However, instead of cold metal hitting her she heard the sound of metal hitting metal. A staff that ended in a circular shape with a red orb in it and small rings with even smaller rings hanging on the sides had countered the attack, appearing out of nowhere by default.

"Fight `em!" cried the blue haired boy as he ran towards Kirame.

"H-how?" she asked frantically.

"Just grab the staff and thrust into him!" commanded the boy.

"O-okay." Stammered Kirame as she ran towards Zero, encasing him in a red orb that appeared from out of her staff.

"But a small defensive trick, I can easily brake it" chuckled Zero.

"Hyaaa!" cried Momoki as she ran towards Zero, a crimson sword in her hand, its silver blade glistening as it cut through Zero's arm. Causing him to cry out loudly and then disappear, not from defeat but in retreat.

"Momoki! Thank you! What a cool sword" cooed Kirame.

"And you too Kirame. Your staff is beautiful!" commented Momoki to Kirame.

"Uhh..." coughed the two heroes, noticing they were being overlooked.

"Oh! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" repeated Momoki and Kirame several times to the two boys, bowing deeply.

"But….uh,…could you give a little help?" asked Kirame shyly as she cupped her hands together, eyes glistening.

"WE NEED TO GET TO A SAVING SERVER!!!!" cried Momoki.

From: Yakusoku [the world] Guild

To: Momoki the Heavy Blade Master and Kirame the Wave Master

Regarding: Your incorrect placement when first activating your account

*We have ascertained that you have just newly activated a new account and encountered a slight glitch in the system. By default you were sent to an incorrect location. We are sorry for any troubles we may have caused you. Keep playing strong, level up, gain special items, and meet new friends. Yakusoku Guild offers apologies once more.

Return To: Yamura of the Guild