Fan Fiction ❯ Virtual Reality or Reality ❯ Into the Game ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 1
Into the game
 
Nia sat in her computer chair, looking over the components of her new virtual reality game, Adventurequest (A/N: yes I know this might be an rpg that already exists). This was her first virtual reality game and she wanted to make sure that she had everything right and that nothing would go wrong.
 
In one hand she held the game instructions. Her other hand ran nervously through her black hair. Bright blue eyes quickly scanned the text on the booklet.
 
With a sigh, she looked down at the virtual reality helmet. Wondering if she should put it on now, or to read through the instructions a final time.
 
She pulled back her hair with a scrunchie that had been around her wrist, she sighed again and put the helmet down over her head and face.
 
Flipping the switch on the side, she watched as the title screen flashed in front of her eyes. All of a sudden, the screen blinked out and then there was a starburst of color. She was starting to feel dizzy and there was aalso a feeling of being sucked into a deep void.
 
Was this a weird reaction to the game? She asked herself before she slipped into unconsciousness.
 
 
 
 
 
"Welcome to Adventurequest." A mechanised voice said. The voice was neither male nor female and it spoke monotonously. Nia now found herself in an all white room. There didn't seem to be any walls, and she seemed to blend into her surroundings, as if she didn't have a body. There also wasn't anyone else there, so she wondered where the voice came from.
 
"Please choose a body." The voice came again.
 
She looked around and around her appeared different game character designs. She chose one that looked somewhat like herself with its long black hair and bright blue eyes, but the only differences were the fact that it was taller and that it had large, white, angelic wings. It was wearing a white and dark blue tunic over dark blue breeches and sturdy black boots. As she chose this one, she immediately felt herself change into this design.
 
"Now choose your primary and secondary weapons." A wall with hooks on it seemed to appear out of nowhere. There was a large assembly of weapons hanging on the hooks on the wall.
 
The weapon that she chose was a bladed staff. The staff itself was ebony wood, and the blade was eighteen inches of steel. This was her primary weapon. For her secondary weapon, she chose a longsword.
 
The weapons wall promptly disappeared, and then the voice spoke again.
 
"Now, choose your elemental power." Different symbols appeared in front of her, and she looked through them all:
 
A bolt of lightning for the power over lightning.
 
A symbol in the shape of fire for the power over fire.
 
A blue teardrop for the power of water.
 
...And many more. The symbol that really caught her eye was one that looked like a gust of wind. Silver swirls that seemed to always coil around each other.
 
This was the element that she chose. She had always liked to be outside during windy days, so it seemed that this was the element that she was supposed to have.
 
"Lastly, choose your name."
 
A computer-style keyboard appeared out of the thin air in front of her. She replayed many names in her mind that she had thought of when she had first set up the game. She stopped on one name, Satu. It meant fairytale, and it was now her element. This she typed on the keyboard.
 
"Thank you." The voice concluded, and then a hole of some sort opened up in the floor and sucked her in. She uttered a muffled scream.
 
________________________________________________________
 
 
 
A/N: Okay! There's the first chapter. Can you believe this only took me about 2 hours to write. Oh, and if you see any weirdly spelled words such as mechanised (mechanized), just know that I often use official British spelling when typing. This comes from my being a fanatic of Harry Potter -_- (Did I say that out loud? Oops!!). Also, if this chapter seems a little short, I am going to do my best to make the next chapters longer. Even this seemed too short for me O_o. Please R&R!!! I want to know if I should go on with this or is this story worth the chuck bin.