Fan Fiction ❯ Vitality ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Vitality

The Beginning

Many eons ago, millennia before the dawn of time, there was nothing.

Empty space, dark and cold and lifeless, composed the universe. There was no life in the void, only silence and blackness, vast and deep and infinite. It stretched on forever with no hope of an end.

In the beginning, there were no gods. With nothing to rule, there could be no rulers. No deities existed...

Until the moment a brilliant light, blinding in the darkness, lit up the expanse of space and spread to all corners of the galaxies. It stretched on forever, a beacon of hope and life. Its origins were unknown, and would stay that way for all time. But as quickly as it had come, the light disappeared, leaving only five glowing spheres behind.

The first was burning, flame red and tinged with black.

The second was swirling, bright blue and indigo.

The third was shimmering, emerald green and dashed with yellow.

The fourth was shining, brilliant silver and traced with crystal.

The fifth was sparkling, pure white and lined with pink.

They became the Five Elementals: Fire, Water, Earth, Metal, and Wind. In centuries to come, they would be known as the Creators of the universe, and the basis upon which all life existed and thrived. According to legends, they were four females and one male, handsome and beautiful beyond words to describe. They came from a singular origin, but they were more companions than siblings. They were brother and sisters as four stars and a moon -- only in the strictest belief.

The eldest was Fire, and she was the leader among her fellow deities. The legends would call her Syrana, the Dragon Star. She was the bravest of the five, and the most solitary. She bound the Elementals together and yet remained aloof and beyond. Syrana was so unaffected by most matters that she stayed calm and impassive...but, once arisen, her temper was worse than all the others combined. Legends warned of angering the Fire Elemental, for she was the end of all things in shadow and flame.

The second eldest Elemental was Water, to be known as Raine, the Sky Shadow. She was always the wisest among them, and only desired gratitude. Ever the pacifist, it was also difficult to anger her, but still the legends said beware. Raine was vengeful, and would not hesitate to right any wrongs that were done to her. If taken for granted, she did not let off so lightly. While an end by Fire was often swift, Water chose to extend the suffering, to make the offender pay.

In the middle of the five was Earth, named Raksha, the Jade Memory. She had been the most accepting for as long as they had existed. She would not hesitate to accommodate any living thing. Despite this benevolence, however, Earth remained the most volatile of the five. If mistreated, Raksha's anger would spill with little resistance, and she was not so easily satisfied by revenge. It was hard to cease her path of destruction once it had begun.

The only male Elemental was almost the youngest. He was Metal, called Sphrin, the Archangel. He was the most energetic of his siblings, and nearly impossible to anger. Loving nothing more than a good fight, oddly enough Sphrin would cause none of his own will; he would simply wait for turbulence to occur on its own, and then give eager assistance to both sides at once. Metal drew no distinctions, did not hate friend or foe. One side was as good...or as bad...as the other in the midst of battle.

The last and the youngest was the Elemental Wind. She came to be known as Raeil, the Heaven Lily. She was more playful than her brother and sisters, and anger was unknown to her. She was ever active and willing to play, and her games extended wherever she pleased. Yet even though she bore no grudges against any -- unlike her sisters -- if she was unguarded her play could become out of control, and as a result violent and destructive. It was because of this that her companions kept a close watch on her.

Together, they would ignite the heavens and shape the universe by their own will.