Fan Fiction ❯ Vitality ❯ The Creation ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Vitality

The Creation

The five Elementals saw the vast potential of the infinite darkness before them. They decided to create a universe of their own. Combining their powers in pairs and in all, they built the galaxies, the worlds, the moons and the stars.

With her strong flaming arms, Syrana combined with her sister Wind to make the stars. She clustered her fire into tiny spurts, and Wind expanded them throughout the universe.

Next, Raksha gathered her green soul and created with Fire the planets. They too were scattered throughout the cosmos, and among these planets was Earth. Named for her, Raksha took great care in building this planet, calling her siblings to help her.

Raine's tranquil spirit aided her sister in the building of this special planet. Together with Fire, she created and cultivated the red land as a protective rim around the delicate sphere.

Eager to assist her older sisters, Raeil burst her wild power and worked with Earth to create the air around the newborn planet. This would allow for life to grow and flourish.

As the beginning of flora and fauna on this growing world, Raine and Raksha bound their powers and formed the vegetation that would make the earth green and beautiful. And finally, to feed the life on this lovely new world, Water sent her essence to her little sister, the Wind, who took it high into the fresh sky to make the rain.

All was harmony and balance in this created realm.

Sphrin had remained aside while his sisters built the life in the universe, for his specialty was invention rather than creation. However, when he inspected their work, it seemed to him as if there was something missing, and he mentioned this to his sisters. The Elementals considered this thought, and finally reached an answer: creatures.

To make the inhabitants of the earth, the five Elementals came close and combined their powers into one. They focused their minds and mixed their spirits, and finally brought forth the animals. There were now birds, beasts, and fish, mammals, amphibians and reptiles, animals of every environment.

But it didn't seem enough.

Again the Elementals joined. This time, they added a little of their cunning and beauty to the brew of their powers. This time, the result was the elves. The elves were immortal, beautiful, mysterious and intelligent, with a deep love and reverence for the Elementals and everything they had created.

Although this achievement was magnificent, the elves seemed a little too perfect.

For the third time, the Elementals tried for another species to uphold the order and balance of the new world. This time, they pulled back some of their power, and this act resulted in the human race. Clumsy and mortal, not quite as fair as the firstcomers the elves, but clever and dexterous and willing to learn.

The Elementals were pleased with all they had accomplished. But Syrana insisted that the humans were too similar to the elves. Being the leader, she decided that they would each give the humans a fault to overcome in their mortality. But in compensation, the earth would be blessed by each in turn with a magnificent exotic animal.

Syrana, the Dragon Star, hurled a fireball toward the earth. With it came Pain to burn the frail human flesh. Bursting forth from the ashes was the giant fire lizard, the dragon.

Raine, the Sky Shadow, swept a typhoon over the world, sending Fear to wash over the human mind like a tidal wave. Slithering from the murky depths was the fierce water snake, the sea serpent.

Raksha, the Jade Memory, split the planet with a deep chasm, causing Greed to hit the human emotions like a massive earthquake. Out of the canyon flew the wise riddle mistress, the sphinx.

Sphrin, the Archangel, sent a spear hurtling to the ground, bringing Jealousy like a stab in the human heart. Springing out from the point of the spear was the beautiful horned horse, the unicorn.

Raeil, the Heaven Lily, blew a hurricane across the newborn soil, bringing with it the icy hand of Death, to steal the breath from the human soul. But from the ice and wind soared the majestic winged horse, the pegasus.

After the tremble of power had faded from the earth, the Elementals stopped and surveyed what they had done. And they were pleased.

It seemed there was a bright future ahead.