Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 4 Storm of Hearts ❯ Rainstorm's decision ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Rainstorm’s decision
Chapter 2

The scent changed as Rainstorm padded into the camp, her fur was tinted with dirt and leaves. She shook herself to remove the small leaves from her pelt. “Ruddypelt.” she mewed. Her brother padded out from the apprentice den.
“What are you doing in the apprentice den.” she asked confused. “What are you doing out without another warrior to watch your back.” he snapped back. “ I don’t need anyone with me.” she snarled back. “Then where did Cheetahfur go.” he smirked.
“How should I know.” she growled. Aquakit padded out and stumbled at Rainstorm’s paws. “Sorry.” he grinned padding over toward Rapidwind. Lilackit followed, her long hair seemed to match her mother’s pelt. She noticed the size of the kits were almost big enough to become apprentices. “How are you doing Rapidwind?” she asked trying to calm down.
“Fine thanks for asking Rainstorm.” she purred rubbing against her kits affectionally. “I know you would feel the same way if you had kits for the first time, becoming apprentices.” she meowed looking up to see the white warrior nod.
“Of course.” she replied to Rapidwind.
“Lilackit and Aquakit will soon me apprenticed.” meowed Silverstorm surprised. His jaws dropped his prey to the ground where the fresh-kill pile stood. Then he raced over to rub his smug face with the young kits. Rainstorm knew they must had been his first litter as well as Rapidwind. “Do you know who the mentors are going to be?” she asked Silverstorm and Rapidwind. “No Rainstorm, I don’t.” Silverstorm meowed padding over to Rainstorm. “Either does Rapidwind, since she is worried about what happened to Sepiaclaw.” he whispered so his kits didn’t hear. Rainstorm nodded, her fur bristling silently.
“I going to talk to Spiritstar, so if you can excuse me.” she meowed padding over toward the den in the center of the dirt-filled camp, weeds grew around the camp and in it.
“Hey, Tallfoot, where is Spiritstar?” she meowed to the black deputy. He looked confused as he saw it was Rainstorm calling his name. “Where is Cheetahfur? I need to talk to him.” he meowed walking over to her. “I don’t know where he is now, but he went hunting Tallfoot.” she replied. Tallfoot steadily stared at her, his grin had turned into a smug face. “I’ll go and find him.” he snapped. “Good, it is about time you hanged out with him.” snapped Rainstorm. Tallfoot halted and glared at her. “What do you mean it is about time I hanged out with him. I have duties.” he snarled. “You really are as dull as a mouse.” she snarled. “He has been lonely the whole time he has returned, even Ruddypelt has noticed that for they have become friends for once.” she added.
Tallfoot snorted. Ruddypelt doesn’t like Cheetahfur as a friend or even as a clan-mate.” said Tallfoot shaking his head. “You may be dainty but Cheetahfur has to stop talking to you.” he growled lounging into the field just outside of camp.
“Dainty.” she sighed remembering the sweet young cat on the island, she had befriended. “I wish I could talk to you again Dainty.” she whispered to herself as she padded faster into Spiritstar’s den.
“Spiritstar, I want to talk to you.” she yowled, flinging herself into the den without even thinking. “Hello, Rainstorm, what do you want to talk about.” he grinned flicking his tail irritably.
“It is about Lilackit and Aquakit.” she meowed seriously. Spiritstar nodded acknowledgedly. “So do you know a cat I could make possibly as a mentor?” he spat calmly.
“Yes, I think that Cheetahfur would make a good mentor.” she meowed. Spiritstar glared at her, as if she should keep talking. “Yes go on.” he snorted bewilded.
“When we were on the journey with the other six cats he taught me thing as if I were his own apprentice, and besides I think he may be lonely because he just got back and he also has no siblings.” she meowed. “He had trained you on the way there, as you say.” he growled.
“I will think about you have said Rainstorm, after all you are a responsible apprentice and warrior.” he muttered. Rainstorm nodded, then padded out of the den yet she felt she forgot to add something.
It tugged at her throat as if bile. She padded up to Ruddypelt, his eyes glowed with an unreadable emotion. “Ruddypelt?” she meowed to her older brother.
“Oh, hi Rainstorm, did you see what Deerpaw caught?” he asked aiming his muzzle at the young she-cat. A small adder fell from her jaws, her eyes shined with pride. “My mentor Sorrelclaw helped me Rainstorm.” she purred.
Rainstorm nodded. Sorrelclaw was defiantly one of the oldest warriors in the clan, though she never thought he would allow his own apprentice to go to Snake Rocks all by herself, especially since it was in Thunderclan territory. She took a deep breath, after all she had just told her own leader what she felt happened on the journey. What would happen if her wish was true, would he be left with a apprentice and not be able to hang out with her. She shook her head, even though he had not told her what she wanted to hear, her heart knew he would never stop being her friend.
“Rainstorm, can you make the journey into a short story if I asked you too.” asked the young apprentice Cedarpaw padding out to see the white warrior. “You said something about a mountain, right?” asked Rabbitpaw pushing after his sister.
Silentpaw padded out from the apprentice den, his paws hit the ground swiftly. “I heard you saw a bear.” he mewed. As he stumbled to the ground. Deerpaw shuffled to him to help him up. “Don’t be clumsy, brother.” she purred giving her brother an affectionate lick.
Featherwind followed them ,her eyes filled with pride as she saw that her daughter had caught the adder. “Where did you go to get that?” she asked worriedly.
“Sorrelclaw told me it is time that I learn to sneak around territories incase of less food from no-leaf season.” she meowed. Rainstorm’s fur bristled. “Silverstorm never allowed me into other clan’s territory unless it was for real.” she growled stiffening. Deerpaw lowered her body in fear from the warrior’s rage. Ruddypelt stood in front of her. “She was told by her mentor, it wasn’t exactly her fault.” he snapped.
Rainstorm knew that her brother had strong feelings for Deerpaw but she never thought he would show it. “Never mind. But next time ask Spiritstar first before you just go into Thunderclan.” she meowed trying to clam down.