Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 4 Storm of Hearts ❯ The tale of Starclan ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
The tale of Starclan
Chapter 3

Rainstorm curled up beside the apprentices. “At first when went on our way, we stopped to meet all the other cats at the Fourtrees. Luckily Cheetahfur was there before me. When I went there, there were seven other cats there. Two of them were apprentices like you, and well I was also an apprentice then.
“Their names were Swiftclaw of Windclan, Hawkfur of Shadowclan, Tigerpaw of Shadowclan, Amberpaw of Thunderclan, Fawnheart of Thunderclan, Ravenheart of Thunderclan, and of course Cheetahfur of Riverclan.
Cedarpaw nodded her whisker flickered. “What happened next?” asked Silentpaw putting his head on his front legs. “We started by going through Shadowclan and Windclan boundaries, then passed the Carrion place and the highstones.
“Yes, go on.” nudged Rabbitpaw. “We stayed the night under a small den under a tree. “Then Cheetahfur notices the next morning that a large Monster was heading toward the tree. He woke all of us up but got buried under about ten tail-lengths.
“What happens to Cheetahfur?” asked Deerpaw worriedly. “Well he come out alright only because it doesn’t cave in at where he had stood. He was lucky not to be hurt after all that. After that we headed over the mountains seeing a dangerous swirling of wind heading right at us.”
“It made us all quickly run up the steep mountains. The path lead us into a den in the mountains. Luckily the strong wind hadn’t pulled any of us off the mountain ledges.”
“Soon Amberpaw fell into an opening on the floor of the den. Tigerpaw and all of us jumped into the crack after her just as the rock den collapsed on top of the hole. Meaning we couldn’t come out of the top way. We stayed there for that night and almost all morning with no food. As Tigerpaw spotted an opening in the den, the crevice allowed all of us out and we found a small area filled with tons of snow. The land was filled with cannibal like-wild dogs.”
“They had a leader like cat just like us, but his name was Storm not a warrior name, but he had told us the prophecy that we went on search for.” she meowed stopping to remember the prophecy.
“Come on what happens nest.” whined Cedarpaw. “A bear-weasel like creature that scared us out of their den. We tricked him into following us then it fell through an ice lake in the forest of the tundra.” she purred remembering the exciting moment when Tigerpaw had attacked it and he was what caused it’s demise.
“Then we left and we found ourselves swimming to an island. We were sheltered there then we swam over to the Twoleg place and were helped by kittypets and rogues. Before we had escaped into the forest once more. I had gotten a wound and Cheetahfur stopped to help me. As soon as we got out of a wired fence, we went free and found ourselves back in Riverclan territory.” she concluded.
Deerpaw purred with joy. “I wish I could’ve gone.”
“You were too young.” snorted Featherwind giving her kit a quick lick. “So.” she whined pressing against her mother for comfort. “I am brave at heart.” growled Silentpaw jumping at his mother affectionally. As he pawed at his sister and teased the other apprentices, she realized he looked a lot like Spiritstar only he was a tabby.
She shook her head. Cheetahfur hadn’t come back yet, was he taking his time, stalling, or was he just making her worry? She didn’t know if he took what she said seriously.
As she turned around, she saw the golden spotted warrior beside her. “Cheetahfur, did you get the hawk?” she asked in a soft tone. “Yes.” he purred. He dropped the large bird of prey onto the ground. A smug grin spread across his face.
Rainstorm nodded. “I guess you are reliable then.” she smiled. “Here, I got this for you.” he purred gripping the hawk to give to Rainstorm. “Thanks I thought you would come.” she teased as she grabbed the hawk with her muzzle.
She laid on the ground ripping apart the hawk. Her teeth ripped through the meat. The prey scent made her feel much better then before. She hadn’t eaten for a while. Cheetahfur picked up a small vole and sat down beside her. “You know I thought Tallfoot had caught up with you, I wonder where he could be.” asked Rainstorm looking worriedly at her close friend. “I told Tallfoot where you were and he went off to find you.” meowed Rainstorm remembering the older warrior’s talk with her.
“I hope he comes back alright.” she added silently. Cheetahfur nodded and pressed closer to her, his muzzle fell to his paws. She knew that he felt troubled even though he had never been that close to Tallfoot. But she flicked her tail with unknown affection.
The sky had already become dark by the sunset. “It is dark already.” grumbled Cheetahfur shuffling to his paws. “I’m very tired.” he yawned loudly. “And you have a right to be tired.” purred Rainstorm getting to her paws. “Spiritstar is going to announce something.” purred Tallfoot running out of the weeds greeting his friend. “Lilackit and Aquakit are going to become apprentices.” purred Tallfoot holding his hind foot up. “What happened to your leg?” asked Cheetahfur seeing the scarlet drops of blood fall to the ground. A large cut spread across his hind leg.
“Well come on you can’t miss the ceremony because of me.” he added.