Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 4 Storm of Hearts ❯ Sunset ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Sunset
Chapter 12

Cheetahfur padded over into the mists, his feet hitting hard against the ground. The paw steps behind her made her look to see the dark side of the sky. Only stars seemed to brighten that side but the other side was lighted by a beautiful sunset.
Rainstorm ran onto the log like she did the time before then. As she looked into the sunset. She knew she had never traveled here at night and she felt that it was more beautiful then any of the sunsets she saw before. “Well do you know where this place is now?” she snapped. Cheetahfur nodded.
“Of course I know where this is.” he meowed. “Sure.” she pleaded. “Of course.” he echoed going beside her on the log. “Now what is it you wanted to tell me?” she asked.
“I don’t really know but all the time on the journey and all the things we have faced together. In all my time of need you always seemed to be there and well there is no cat even in Starclan like you Rainstorm.” he purred. “I know and well you helped out a lot when you stopped the hail from hitting me and Cedarpaw.” added Rainstorm.
Cheetahfur nodded. “I didn’t know what to do when I saw the large ball of ice I just bolted out as if it were an enemy that was stoppable. But it wasn’t and I just wasn’t thinking I guess something else in my mind just blocked it out.” he meowed.
“Yes all things seem to do that when you aim to do a good thing.” she interrupted him.
“Yes Rainstorm but trying to do a good thing isn’t always the right thing to do.” he growled looking at his back to see the large wound on his back. “Doing good hurts.” he joked starting to lick his back.
“Yes I guess you could say that.” growled Rainstorm nudging him with her muzzle. “You bet I could say that.” snapped Cheetahfur.
“But that isn’t the only reason I saved you and Cedarpaw.” he added calmly and rationally.
Rainstorm nodded. “ I know why you wanted to come here, it is because what I said last time, you know I didn’t mean it Cheetahfur.” snapped the white warrior.
“I know you were right I just can never say what I feel.” he mumbled. “You probably know me better then I know me.” he joked.
“What are you trying to say Cheetahfur?” she asked. “Rainstorm I’m going to say what I should’ve last time we were here.” he purred.
Rainstorm’s eyes widened, and her heart felt as if it were going to stop. “Yes go on.” she stopped to stare at the golden spotted warrior.
“I believe that the most wonderful things happen when you are with someone you care about.” he meowed.
Rainstorm’s eyes filled with emotion. “What are you trying to say Cheetahfur?” she meowed rationally.
“You are a true friend Rainstorm.” he grumbled. “I guess that is true but even friendship can last forever.” growled Rainstorm teasingly. “I know that.” he snapped. “Speaking of friendship.” she mumbled. Cheetahfur pricked his ears. “What did you say?” he meowed. “Rabbitpaw told me to tell you something, that’s all.” she murmured.
Cheetahfur got to his paws. His fur bristling. “Why didn’t you tell me earlier.” he growled.
“He told me right before the storm had come, excuse me for being a late messenger but I tried to warn you earlier. I couldn’t because you were injured that’s why remember.” she hissed.
Cheetahfur staggered in front of her. “What did he want you to tell me?” he asked his fur lay flat once more. “Is it important?” he meowed.
“Fairly important!” Rainstorm yowled.
“Then what is it?” Cheetahfur shook his head disbelievingly. “Rabbitpaw told me that Ruddypelt had seen what happened to Sepiaclaw.” she stiffened. “My brother told him and he told me to tell you this so you could tell Tallfoot.” meowed Rainstorm.
“What about Tallfoot?” he twitched his tail impatiently. “Ruddypelt said that Sepiaclaw was killed by Sorrelclaw who killed Skytail and is planning to kill Tallfoot.” she meowed quickly.
“What?” the golden warrior paused. “Say that again. Only slower.” he laughed. “I said that Sorrelclaw killed Sepiaclaw and Skytail plus he is planning on killing Tallfoot.” growled Rainstorm looking at her paws trying not to look him in the eyes.
Cheetahfur gasped. “Why haven’t you told me Rainstorm?” he meowed disbelievingly.
“I’m sorry to say this but I don’t believe you, Rabbitpaw is an apprentice. He is so paranoid. You shouldn’t believe him as well. I’m going are you coming?” he spat angrily.
“No. I’m staying. And your wrong Ruddypelt told Rabbitpaw and Cheetahfur I trust my brother.” she snarled. “Fine.” he mumbled his ears lay flat against his head.
Rainstorm turned to face the sunset. The sunset seemed to seek into the depths of the lake. Thoughts flew through her mind. What was going to happen now?