Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 4 Storm of Hearts ❯ The storm's rage ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]
The storm’s rage
Chapter 11

Rainstorm opened her eyes to see the storm had finally gone away. She made a large yawn. The sound of the river seemed closer then usual as listened to the sound it made.
Sierranose still slept fretfully beside her. She saw that all the warriors were here but Sorrelclaw. Her fur bristled as she padded out of the den. How was she ever going to get Cheetahfur to talk to Tallfoot now? Cedarpaw and Cheetahfur both were seriously hurt from the hailstorm and the medicine cat, Meadowbrook had wondered if they would ever recover from it, or even survive it.
Rainstorm looked around the camp. Small water puddle lay where the hail balls hit. “What in the world is that sound?” growled Tallfoot padding over to her. “Hey Rainstorm your up too aren’t you.” he meowed. Rainstorm narrowed her eyes then turned to see the black warrior.
“Oh, hey Tallfoot what are you doing up?” she snapped. “I couldn’t see where the warrior den was so I slept in the leaders den beside Spiritstar and I couldn’t sleep very well so I just got up to check the territory. “I do have bad news though, the river has expanded.” he growled.
“I could hear that fine without you telling me.” she joked. “Well good I was raving not to tell you anyway.” he snorted back.
“Could you possibly check on the apprentice Cedarpaw and Cheetahfur?” he added stalking away from her.
“That’s what I was going to do!” she yowled after him. “Sure.” he echoed back.
Rainstorm shook her head. Her paw hurt still and she couldn’t feel as she could leave the camp. But she still padded over to the medicine cat’s den. Meadowbrook padded over to greet her. “Oh hello Rainstorm.” she meowed. “Cedarpaw has already woken up from her doze.” she joked. “There is a bump on her head but I’d say she will be fine for a while all she needs is something for her headache.” she purred.
“But Cheetahfur is still unconscious.” the gray and white medicine cat paused to point at him resting in the corner with her muzzle. “I think he may be alright but he may not be as well for he got hit on the spine not the head.” she calmly mewed.
Rainstorm nodded. “I’ll let you go them while I go and get some medicine for her headache.” she yowled running out of the den. Cedarpaw appeared at the small tunnel side of the den.
“Rainstorm, Meadowbrook told me you are the one who saved me.” she purred giving a slight bow. “You are my savior.” the dark ginger apprentice laughed going over to her to give her a quick lick.
“I will never forget what you have done for me.” she added. “Yah, yah.” growled Rainstorm pawing at the younger cat. Cedar pounced away from her then ran out of the den, probably to see her friends are alright.
Then Rainstorm pressed into the corner where Cheetahfur lay. A large red mark lay on his spine, though he was breathing it was unclear to see if he would live.
Her eyes watered. Just then his tail gently swiped at her eyes. His eyes blinked open then closed until he closed them at last. “You are alright Rainstorm.” he muttered as he gently lifted his head. Then he fell to the ground once more.
Rainstorm felt something she never felt before. Her heart longed to be beside him yet it could cause him more pain then now. Dried blood laid on the injury on his back. “Wake up Cheetahfur.” she whispered. He la motionless on the nest. His heart hardly beating and his chest was hardly moving.
A tear ran down her cheek. As she gave the golden warrior a quick lick as she couldn’t bear to watch him anymore. She padded out of the den and out of sight to any warriors and scraped the tears from her eyes. Then she padded out of the bushes and sat on the ground.
As the medicine cat tumbled into the den. She heard nothing, so she staggered onto the ground. Only a shadowy figure padded over to her she still was to upset to recognize who it was.
“Are you alright Rainstorm?” he asked. “Yes, I am just perfect.” she growled back.
The cat flinched. “Ok well meet me over by the hunting place I need to talk to you.” he growled back jumping into the bushes. Rainstorm got to her feet. She recognized the voice of the warrior and she padded after the scent he had left.
The tree filled area is where they called the hunting place because it was the only are they could hunt that wasn’t in the water. Her eyes widened as she saw that the land was moister then usual and the ground lay soaked everywhere.
“Come on already.” he hissed. “Don’t rush me or I’ll skin you.” she spat back her fur bristling. “Is that a threat?” he laughed back.
“Who do you think you are.” she growled thrashing onto the warrior. Then she recognized the spotted pelt. “Oh, that hurts.” he growled shaking wetness from his fur. Rainstorm glared at him. Her tail flicked angrily. “Hey are you alright? You aren’t acting the way I know you.” Cheetahfur spat. “I am fine, I just thought you were dead that is all.” she meowed.
“Oh, that’s why you were crying.” he teased gently.
She snorted. “Why were you acting like you were dying because it sure worked.” she snapped.
“I didn’t do it to make you cry besides I want you to take me to that one place we went the last time.” he meowed.