Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 4 Storm of Hearts ❯ The storm's rain ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]
The storms rain
Chapter 10

Rainstorm tried to drag Cedarpaw out of the way. But she felt it’s present above her. As she flattened her ears to feel its impact. She heard the hit of it against fur and bones. As she opened her eyes to see Cheetahfur had jumped over them to save them.
“Cheetahfur!” she yowled lounging over to the golden warrior. “Why?” she muttered. He opened his eyes but said nothing as he tried to get up. His back bled painfully. He fell to the ground unconscious as Cedarpaw was.
“I can’t drag both of them into the medicine cat’s den.” she yowled trying to drag both of the cats at the same time. Tallfoot padded over to her. “I believe I can be an assistance, Rainstorm.” he purred gripping Cheetahfur neck and stalking over toward the medicine cat’s den.
Rainstorm followed him, Cedarpaw still in her muzzle.
She shook the wetness from her coat. Moisture soak through her fur. She set Cedarpaw onto a nest in the corner of the den. Meadowbrook padded over to her.
“Oh, Cedarpaw.” she murmured. “Will she die?” asked Rainstorm. “Maybe but right now it is unclear.” she meowed trying to stay calm. “What about Cheetahfur?” she added seeing Tallfoot push his way past her.
“I don’t know right now yet either, but I will first try to stop the bleeding. “Hopefully this is all that got injured.” she meowed.
Rainstorm nodded.
“This is the storm that you and Cheetahfur warned us about.” she growled. “We did not take it seriously and see what happens.” she snapped. “Don’t blame yourself.” spat Rainstorm.
“It was not even Starclan’s fault it was just as the world is.” she growled. Meadowbrook nodded. “But why is it death is so often now.” she whined. “I only wish to help cats and that is all.” she hissed.
“Don’t worry Meadowbrook all is good.” she purred. Meadowbrook smiled. “Of course Rainstorm now go, you should go see that every warrior is in their den.” she growled.
“Well except for you and Cheetahfur.” she joked seriously. Rainstorm padded over to the medicine cat. “Don’t worry I’ll make it through.” she joked.
The wind thrashed up against the medicine cat’s den. The walls meshed against the howling sound of the calling wind. “I will be fine.” she reassured her as she padded out of the den. Her paws hit the ground hard as she jumped out of the way of large balls of hail.
She bounded away from the piles of hail that seemed to never stop boiling down from the sky. Her claws unsheathed as she lounged herself into the warriors den.
But she couldn’t help but feel the pain that the medicine cat often suffered with dying cats. Meadowbrook was a younger medicine cat who only had been a medicine cat for some time. Nothing made her hurt more then her clan sufferings.
Her paw still ached as she pushed herself into the den. Ruddypelt grabbed the back of her neck. Deerheart and Silentstep pressed against her in support.
“Good thing you are alive.” purred Sierranose her eyes looked clouded. Rainstorm felt drips of rain fall onto her fluffy tail. “It is starting to rain.” she meowed looking away from the other warriors.
Ruddypelt looked away from her as well. “We heard about Cedarpaw and Skytail.” he mourned.
“Cedarpaw isn’t dead, at least I don’t think she is.” growled Rainstorm. “Thank Starclan.” purred Deerheart tilting her head to see the pouring down rain. “I don’t think we will be hunting for a while.” growled Sorrelclaw shaking the wetness from her fur.
The calico warrior jumped into his nest. “I’ll never be able to sleep in this weather.” he hissed. “Oh shut your enormously large mouth.” spat Blackmuzzle leaping after his friend.
“It will be quieter today with Skytail gone.” whined Silentstep pausing to look at the nest where the white long haired warrior had slept the night before.
Rainstorm nodded. She had never thought of Skytail as a great warrior but she knew he was in dept to his job as a warrior. Deerheart pressed herself close to Ruddypelt for comfort. “I hate these storms.” she growled. Rainstorm could she her hind legs shiver.
“The feeling of wetness.” groveled Bramblefur baring his teeth. “I hated the feeling of that hail ball.” he added. “You got hit by a giant ice ball.” hissed Deerheart worriedly. Moonbrook looked at the wound on his shoulder, it bled sorely.
“He needs sleep.” yawned Sorrelclaw. Blackmuzzle nodded. “We have lost three warriors but I am thinking we may lose another and an apprentice.” he growled.
“No, I think that Cheetahfur is strong enough to pull through.” snapped Rainstorm rushing to her feet. “How do you know.” growled Blackmuzzle startled. “She just knows.” growled Moonbrook giving her a slight bow. “She has better hopes then you seem to.” she spat, her fur bristled. “We have no time to argue about who lives anyway.” she yowled.
Sorrelclaw and Blackmuzzle gave a weary stare then jumped into their nests to go to sleep. Rainstorm pushed herself onto her own nest. The scent of another cat beside her warmed her as she saw it was Sierranose. Rainstorm blinked once then closed her eyelids to fall deep asleep. The sound of rain and hail made her ears lay flat as she fell asleep.