Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 4 Storm of Hearts ❯ The storm begins tragic hope lost ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]
The storm begins tragic hope lost
Chapter 9

Rainstorm went into the warriors den, her sore paw ached. How could a warrior kill another warrior just by a suspicion. Especially if the warrior is his brother. Her heart beated fast, what if that warrior thought that she suspected him? Would he kill her? Or her brother? Even little Rabbitpaw? She felt as if she had no trust in her own clan. Was there no hope for the black deputy, Tallfoot.
She had to tell Cheetahfur, but she also had to tell Spiritstar about the prophecy. She jumped onto her nest. Rainstorm curled up into a ball as she pressed to the ground of a reed-filled nest. “Where is everyone?” she growled peering around the cave.
Not one cat was in the cave with her. She felt insecure as she got to her paws slowly. “Why should I go to bed right away anyway?” she whispered to herself.
The white warrior leaped out of the nest. Her fur still bristled from Rabbitpaw’s talk of Sorrelclaw. Rabbitpaw was still a small and young apprentice but he was still noble and trusted.
She believed every word that he had said. She shook her body as she limped toward the entrance of the cave. A dark figure stood in front of her. “Huh?” she muttered halting in front of the cat.
“Rainstorm where are you going if you want to get better faster you should rest now.” he snorted. “Oh, Cheetahfur it is you.” she purred. “Yes, are you sure you are ok?” he asked glaring at her questionably.
“You know I am fine.” she murmured. “Ok, but why do you act so startled?” he growled in confusion.
“Well it is a long story but I should be telling Spiritstar about the storm, it should be coming any day now and we still haven’t told him.” she yowled angrily.
“Rainstorm, Rainstorm I have already told him don’t worry about it.” he purred sensibly. “You furball, and you didn’t tell me. I waited for you long enough Cheetahfur. If you aren’t willing to talk to me now then please do me a favor. Never speak to me again.” she growled padding out of the den toward Sierranose.
Her light blue eyes were clouded with tears. Cheetahfur stalked out of the den, his ears flat against head. All he did was look back at her but all she did was turn away.
Sierranose pushed over to her friend. “Oh, I heard about your paw Rainstorm does it hurt that much?” she asked seeing the tears in her light blue eyes.
“Yes it does hurt. It hurts my heart.” she growled softly pressing her head against her paws. “I just need to be alone Sierranose.” she whined. Rainstorm expected the blue warrior to be offended but she slowly backed away from her over to Ruddypelt and Deerheart.
Ruddypelt gave Deerheart’s cheek a quick lick. Rainstorm looked away. She felt not good at all. The clouds still looked darkened as she looked up high into the sky.
She gasped to she rain falling to the ground frozen yet not snow. Some were the size of large moles. Rainstorm got to her feet still very alone as she wiped the tears from her eyes.
Cedarpaw and Rabbitpaw padded over to her, fear shown in their small eyes. “What is going on Rainstorm?” she asked, he voice raspy and dry. “I think it may be the storm.” the white warrior growled.
“Storm.” echoed Rabbitpaw. “You mean the storm that Cheetahfur had mentioned while you were asleep.” he gasped fretfully.
She paused. He hadn’t told her that he had told Storm and maybe that is what he wanted to say before she made him go after Tallfoot.
“Go to the apprentice den.” she growled. “Hail!” yowled Spiritstar rushing to his den. Tallfoot followed after him in the distance.
If the pieces of hail hit any of the apprentice it could kill them as well as kill a full grown warrior.
A piece hit Cedarpaw just as she scraped the ground to run into the apprentice den. Rabbitpaw stared blankly at his sister. “Cedarpaw?” he whined breathlessly.
Rainstorm rushed over to her and gripped the back of her neck. “You go to the apprentice den. “I will get her to the medicine cat’s den.” she yowled. Rabbitpaw nodded. She watched as he got to his paws and jumped after Aquapaw.
“Where is Lilacpaw?” growled Silverstorm rushing after him. Sorrelclaw barreled into the camp. He dragged Skytail from his mouth. “Skytail!” yowled Rabbitpaw forcing himself onto the limp body.
Sorrelclaw fell to the ground. Rabbitpaw tumbled on top of him. “Why is he not breathing what have you done to him.” he growled glaring angrily at Sorrelclaw.
“He was stricken with a large ball of hail.” growled Sorrelclaw. Rabbitpaw hissed as if he had bile in his throat. “Why you!” he hissed. Rainstorm padded over to them. She stood in front of Rabbitpaw. “He is just angry you must understand Sorrelclaw.” she spat.
Sorrelclaw shrugged his shoulders then padded into the warriors den. “Rabbitpaw, promise me you’ll never talk to him like that again.” she growled. He blinked unpromising at her then nodded. “But he is a murderous snake.” he spat. His eyes clouded. “Skytail.” he wailed.
Cedarpaw still hung from her mouth unconscious. The sky turned black. A streak of lightning flashed just as a hail ball fell toward her direction. All she could do was stare up at the large speck of hail.