Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 4 Storm of Hearts ❯ Spotted cat in the mist and the secret of Sepiaclaw's death ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Spotted cat in the mist
And the secret of Sepiaclaw’s death
Chapter 8

Rainstorm blinked as she saw a silver apprentice slink into the cat slowly. “Who are you.” growled Rabbitpaw padded up to his sister. “Oh good and I thought staying here was boring.” she grinned unsheathing her claws into the ground.
“I am Nightpaw of Thunderclan.” she mewed collapsing to the ground. “A owl chased me here.” she grumbled looking up at Bramblefur who stood in front of her.
“Should we believe her?” he growled unsheathing and sheathing his claws over and over again. “I don’t like it. Why is she here?” growled Rapidwind sheltering Lilacpaw and Aquapaw as if they were still kits.
Rainstorm knew they were only five moons old though and that is why Spiritstar wouldn’t allow them at Gatherings. Until they were six moons old. “Nightpaw has the same spotted pelt as Cheetahfur.” gasped Lilacpaw shocked as she peered out of her mother’s long pelt. “Let me see.” growled Aquapaw nudging her.
“I am not surprised.” growled Bramblefur unsheathing his claws once more from rage. “It isn’t Cheetahfur’s fault that she has the same pelt.” growled Cedarpaw seeing the rage in the older warriors eyes.
Rainstorm felt as if she was being taunted. “Leave her alone Bramblefur she is still only an apprentice.” she growled trying to charge over by the smaller cat’s aide.
As she trampled to the ground she saw a large black cat walk into camp, his flank heaved in air. She noticed it was the deputy Tallfoot. “Hey Cheetahfur she must be your relative.” he laughed. Cheetahfur padded up to him. “What do you mean?” he gasped as he saw the young silver apprentice.
“Who are you?” he commanded. “Who are you?” asked Nightpaw blinking away from the sun to see the golden warrior.
“I am Cheetahfur.” he growled.
“Well, I am Nightpaw.” purred the slender apprentice. “Nightpaw?” joked Tallfoot padding over to Rainstorm. “I have to watch this.” he purred from amusement.
Nightpaw got to her paws. “I don’t think I can leave right away I am way too tired.” she huffed in air quickly. “Take as long as you like.” smiled Cheetahfur gripping the back of her neck to help her up.
“Cheetahfur how do you have spots like my father?” she asked sitting down on the ground again. “I don’t know who is your father?” he asked in reply. “My father is Graystorm and my mother is Nightflower.” she purred.
“Graystorm?” he echoed.
“Um, yah weren’t you listening to anything?” asked the apprentice. “I have to go really I don’t want to worry my mentor or my father or mother.” she howled running away from Cheetahfur.
Tallfoot got up. “Mouse-dung the fun is all over.” he growled. “You should learn when to shut up.” growled Rainstorm covering her ears with her front paws.
“Why you going to teach me?” he laughed padding over to Cheetahfur. “No, really who wants him as deputy.” she muttered pawing at the ground. Rabbitpaw padded over to her, his eye wide with sorrow. “Have you seen Skytail?” he asked stomping his paw against the ground.
Rainstorm shook her head. “I only know that he went to find the animal that made a howling noise.” she meowed.
“Awe, he always leaves all of the excitement to himself!” he yowled. “Well, where is your sister?” she added.
“Listen can I tell you something private that you can tell Tallfoot, Ruddypelt told me this.” he growled. “Well what is it Rabbitpaw?” she laughed acting as if what he said was important.
“I’ll tell you in the apprentice’s den since there is no one in there.” he mewed in a voice as soft as a whisper.
Rainstorm nodded.
He nudged her to her feet. “Thanks so what is the news you are so worried about?” she joked padding into the den she had used to sleep in. “Is it this secretive?”
“Yes.” he nodded jumping onto his nest. “It is about Sepiaclaw.” he whispered. Rainstorm nodded. “Yes what about Sepiaclaw?” she asked. “Do you know what happened to him at all?” he grinned then started whining again.
“No, but I do know is that some cats believe he was killed by a cat in this very clan.” she purred.
“Yes, he was killed by a cat in these clan. He was killed by one of the older cats. And soon Tallfoot will follow him.” growled Rabbitpaw. “Once I tell you can you tell Cheetahfur to tell Tallfoot maybe then he would listen to him instead of you.” purred Rabbitpaw.
“I’ve been afraid to tell anyone ever since Ruddypelt told me.” he spat. The young apprentices fur started to bristle as if he was remembering something that had made him horrified.
She remembered that he had gone along with them to the Gathering. “So who was it already?” she asked once more.
He cringed as he opened his mouth to talk yet nothing came out of his mouth. “If your not going to talk I’ll just be leaving then.” she growled. “It was Sorrelclaw!” he yowled pulling at her tail not to leave.
“Sorrelclaw?” she growled. “Why would it had been him?” she asked. “He wants to become deputy. To have power and Sepiaclaw, his brother was on to him, so he killed him where no one would believe he did it.” he hissed. “Then Ruddypelt told me he heard him say he wouldn’t stop killing until he had killed Tallfoot so he could become the leader once Spiritstar died.” he added. Then Rainstorm froze she had seen him when she left. Was that why some of the other cats suspected her, because he had spreaded rumors about her?