Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 4 Storm of Hearts ❯ Sick at heart ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Sick at heart
Chapter 7

Rainstorm opened her eyes. Her tail flicked with unknowing. “What in Starclan happened?” she mewed blinking the sun out of her eyes. Cheetahfur stood over her. Tallfoot and Moonbrook also stood beside him. “You passed out from the struggling plus the stress the root gave you.” growled Tallfoot prodding at her paw. “Ow, that hurts.” meowed Rainstorm. Her foot ached from the day before. “I always need some purr-suasion.” laughed Meadowbrook padding over to Rainstorm.
“I guess I do have six senses.”
“What do you mean?” asked Rainstorm getting to her paws only to fall to the ground once more. “I have a sense of humor.” joked the medicine cat. “You should be fine.” she added. Rainstorm nodded as she jumped to the ground on all of her paws. “Hey I must be feeling better or something!” she yowled just as her injured paw fell to the ground.
“That must’ve hurt.” snapped Cheetahfur going over to help her to her paws. “Thanks I guess.” she growled seeing Tallfoot laughing loudly. “You know him loud and obnoxious.” joked Cheetahfur.
Tallfoot snorted. “Yah, I was just joking Rainstorm don’t take it personally.” teased the deputy giving a sneering look. “Don’t forget you owe me.” he growled. “I would never forget you Tallfoot.” she growled sarcastically. “Oh, I will make sure of that.” purred the black warrior grinning. Rainstorm pressed against Cheetahfur for support as she limped out of the medicine den.
“Just make sure you don’t fight or leave the camp for about two to five days approximately.” yowled Meadowbrook summoning all her strength. Rainstorm nodded as she padded over to a large tree near the apprentice den. Cheetahfur leaned over to her as she laid down under the shade. “Can I get you anything?” asked the golden warrior. Rainstorm smiled. “You know I am not helpless.” she growled.
“What, playing hard to get?” joked Tallfoot. “No, I am no apprentice I can handle my problems without playing hard.” she scolded him as if he were her own kit.
“No I am tired beside you rather bond then be around me so go.” she growled putting one paw on to the other then put her muzzle on her paw. Cheetahfur flinched then shyly padded over to the leader’s den with Tallfoot slowly.
Rainstorm huffed. She knew that she had to tell Spiritstar about the new coming storm, though her eyes felt heavy she didn’t close her eyes as she looked over at the leaders den. Her claws dug into the ground. Her eyes turned into slits as she pushed up onto her paws forcefully.
A large gray cloud lay where the skies reached the stars. She felt her fur bristle as a cold breeze hit her shoulders. A loud howl made her jump to her paws. “Was that a dog?” growled Bramblefur dropping the prey he had caught from his jaws.
“We didn’t scent any dogs while we were hunting.” spat Sorrelclaw rustling his paws to run over to the other warrior. “But we will go and find out what the howl was.” growled Blackmuzzle shifting to his feet. “Skytail, Sorrelclaw, Silverstorm come on.” meowed the brown warrior. Skytail nodded as he got to his paws. “I’ll make sure whatever howled regrets its living.” smirked Silverstorm stalking away from Rapidwind and his two kits Lilacpaw, and Aquapaw.
The gray tom padded after Sorrelclaw and out of camp. Rainstorm watched patiently as Moonbrook padded over to her. Her fur was bristling angrily. “I hate it when those cats rush in and out of here.” she growled laying down beside her.
“I am really sorry for leaving all alone, you could have died.” she whined at herself. “Oh, Moonbrook.” smiled Rainstorm. “I’m still here aren’t I.” she growled. “I know but I still felt pretty bad, I mean with this storm coming and everything.” Moonbrook spat. Rainstorm nodded. “I went on the journey to Storm.” she mewed thinking out loud.
“What?” Moonbrook mewed confused.
“On our journey we traveled to this tundra like place, there a white tom told us of a prophecy from Starclan but I think that Cheetahfur may had forgotten.” purred Rainstorm.
“Where are all the warriors anyway?” she meowed seeing only Rabbitpaw, Lilacpaw, Cedarpaw, Aquapaw, and Bramblefur. “They left to go find out what howled.” snorted the white warrior in reply.
“Oh, but that was probably a echo of a dog from the Twoleg place.” joked Moonbrook getting to her paws. “Rapidwind, and Featherwind will return to their warrior duties for a while.” whispered the pale gold queen randomly. Rainstorm nodded. She had never seen either of them as warriors.
“Are you hungry?”
Rainstorm shook her head and Moonbrook padded toward the fresh-kill pile.
Rainstorm got to her feet. Her stomach ached, as she tried not to stumble to the ground. Cedarpaw padded over to her. “Hey have you seen Rabbitpaw, Rainstorm?” she asked. Rainstorm sighed. “No I haven’t seen him since you were chasing him.” she mewed back.
The dark ginger apprentice stomped her paw. “ Awe, I thought you might have seen him.” she huffed. Rainstorm saw that the ginger apprentice had a white patch of fur in the shape of a circle on her chest. She shook her head as she padded over to the fresh-kill pile.
“I might as well eat anyway?” she mumbled. As she took a bit of a small finch she saw the limping body of a silver cat. She noticed she had the same spotted pelt as Cheetahfur!