Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 4 Storm of Hearts ❯ Rainstorm's and Moonbrook's friendship ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Moonbrook and Rainstorm’s friendship
Chapter 6

Rainstorm padded through the bushes. Moonbrook padded beside her matching her pace. “I love to hunt almost all the time but you know soon, I won’t be hunting all the time.” she whispered. “Yes I understand what your saying.” meowed Rainstorm. Moonbrook eyed at Rainstorm.
“Forget it Moonbrook, I’m ok.” purred Rainstorm. “Glad to hear it.” Moonbrook laughed.
“No I am fine.” she snapped. “Ok. Lets go.” growled Moonbrook. The pale gold warrior grabbed the rabbit that she had caught. “We usually never can find these large of rabbits in our territory. The Windclan must be chasing them too far again.” hissed Moonbrook, her fur bristling.
“Windclan cats are so predictable.” growled Rainstorm remembering the three warriors in their territory. “Yes I saw them in our territory as well.” spat Moonbrook.
“I heard them talking at the Gathering. They said that they have a little amount of warriors and they were making their apprentices into warriors two moons early.” she growled.
“They will kill them faster that way.” hissed Rainstorm remembering Swiftclaw’s thin body. “I think they only have about six or seven warriors.” Moonbrook added.
Rainstorm nodded. Though she had missed the Gathering she felt good listening to the older warrior’s knowledge. “Did you ever get into trouble, you know as an apprentice?” asked Rainpaw. Moonbrook nodded. “Of course almost all of the other warriors did. Even the noblest of warriors probably have.” purred Moonbrook.
“Have you ever noticed that Meadowbrook and me have almost the same exact name, and same with Rapidwind and Featherwind.” she joked seeing the same last part of her name was the same as the medicine cat’s.
“Very funny.” laughed Rainstorm. “Yes it is funny.” growled the golden she-cat. They padded up to the river. “Most of the time I never hunt in the river.” she purred in a small laugh.
“I guess that is because mostly those Windclan cats do that kind of hunting.” teased Rainstorm. “Where did you ever get an idea like that?” asked Moonbrook sarcastically. “I just am lucky I guess.” sniped Rainstorm. “Are you sure.” hissed Moonbrook.
A brook stood at their feet. A fish jumped from the water and made a large splash into the water again. “Why didn’t you catching it?” asked Moonbrook. “All living things have a purpose even those on the bottom of the food chain, but we don’t catch food unless we need it.” purred Rainstorm.
“Very good Rainstorm ,I’m very impressed.” she meowed back in reply. “Thanks.” Rainstorm purred back.
Her paws wadded in the water. “This feels much better then waiting for it to rain.” joked the white warrior. Moonbrook nodded as she splashed in the water. “I think any cat who hates water is but a measly squirrel.” she laughed. Roots of a large tree tug at Rainstorm’s paw. “My paw is stuck under a root, go get help.” she yowled instantly at Moonbrook.
The older warrior glanced at her then turned to face the bushes. What had she done wrong. The root practically cut off the circulation of her paw. Then she remembered the quest and how long it had took. “The storm is coming.” Rainstorm gasped trying to put her face into the water to bite at the root but she didn’t prevail. Blood leaked out of a cut from her paw. “Oh, no.” she spat throwing herself away from the root. The cut worsened and made her feel pain.
“By the name of Starclan they had better come quickly.” she growled noticing either she was sinking or the water was rising. The water touched about half a tail length away from her muzzle.
“Muddy water, mouse-dung.” she growled seeing it was clear how far the water from her head. As she struggled more and more, her paws dug deeper into the mud. “I hope this won’t kill me.” she growled clawing at another root.
Her foot slipped and she fell head first into the water. She clawed still. Even though she felt the water raising above he head she still put her muzzle up to breath. Clawing harder she held her breath as the water dragged her down under the water.
Her heart raged was she going to survive this time? As many thoughts went through her head. She felt as if she was going to pass out but a large force tugged onto her neck. She gasped for breath as she was thrown to the surface of the water.
Her fur felt frozen as she go the water droplets from her eyes. Her paw still in the roots of the large tree. She saw that Moonbrook had brought Tallfoot, Cheetahfur, Rabbitpaw, Cedarpaw, and Bramblefur with her. Cedarpaw clawed at the roots her own paws getting deeper into the muck. “Maybe she’ll stay stuck.” chuckled Rabbitpaw helping his sister claw and bite at the root.
“Not helping.” growled Tallfoot glaring angrily at Rabbitpaw. Cheetahfur stood beside her helping her from sinking into the mud by gripping the fur on the back of her neck with his mouth.
He was also standing still making it easy to also shrink into the mud as well. Rainstorm felt a cold breeze. She shivered. It must have been the storm that made the weather suddenly change. Her breath seemed to turn white. “Come on already break it.” growled Bramblefur charging into the water after Moonbrook who wadded in the water.
Cedarpaw bite the root once more. All Rainstorm felt was her paw release as she fainted.