Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors Into the Tundra made from the Warrior book series ❯ Dreams from Starclan ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Dreams
Chapter 3

A small path lit up from where Cheetahfur slept. He shook his head then realized it was where they had the gathering. It was the four trees!
He got up from his reed filled nest and padded over to the high rock. “Ok?”
“How in the name of Starclan did I get here?” His panting increased as he saw the stars shining in the distance of the sky. “Why am I here?”
A small voice muttered. “Because I have a prophecy to tell you!”
He blinked as he thought he saw a star move. Shaking his head he realized it was coming to land on the high rock. He smelled fear-scent and realized it was his.
Shivering he looked up on the rock to see the flame of the star disappearing from the star that appeared to be the shape of a cat!
The scent was familiar and he saw that the she-cat also had a spotted pelt. “ I am Leopardstar of Riverclan,” she mewed as she padded down the rock her body was not old and tainted like the stories he had heard but her body was young and plentiful.
“What do you mean a prophecy, he mewed?
“A prophecy from Starclan so you and the following seven cats must bring the prophecy back so you can save your clans. You all will met each other tomorrow to get another message from us but next time it will not be a dream. It shall be up to you to go to the real four trees and sit upon the high rock. He gasped unbelievingly. “But isn’t that against warrior code,” he panted looking up for information from the formal leader. “You will know what to do for it will not break the code if it is from the will of Starclan, she purred. Her voice echoed in Cheetahfur’s mind. You will know what to do.
“I shall give you the first directions so you can get Storm’s prophecy,” she purred. “Until next time young Cheetahfur you will not know who else is chosen but until tomorrow be patient.” “Now good-bye!”
Her body began to burst to flames once more. “No wait there is more I need you to tell me, Leopardstar please, he yowled.”
She echoed her last speech once more before she left. “Until next time.”
Spottedheart halted and stared up into the sky. The star had returned to the sky. “Good-bye Leopardstar he mewed silently as he laid back down not knowing what to do.”
His eyes started to open and he realized he was back in his own nest.
“Are you ok, Cheetahfur,” spat Tallfoot glaring at him? “Yah, because I’m trying to sleep you stupid furball,” hissed Silverstorm turning his head away.
“I’m fine, just can’t sleep,” yawned Spottedheart. His paws covered his face as he thought what am I to do know.

“Wake up, Cheetahfur,” hissed Tallfoot. “Yah, wake up already,” spat Rainpaw pawing at his head with her paw. “I have to tell you something important, she purred loudly.”
“What do you mean,” spat Tallfoot flicking her with his tail?
“Why should he have to waste his time with you,” spat Tallfoot. “An apprentice should spend it’s time wisely by training, he hissed nudging her away from Cheetahfur.
“Fine”
Rainpaw crawled away her tail high in the air. “Apprentices, Tallfoot spat. “Why do you think she likes handing around you and annoying you,” he growled looking at Cheetahfur with amusement.
“Well you go furball,” laughed Tallfoot loudly. Spottedheart stared at him with a confused look in his eyes. “Never mind Cheetahfur,” sighed Tallfoot still laughing.
Cheetahfur shook his head still confused at the things his friend had just said.
“Well let’s go hunt Cheetahfur,” he retorted. “Ok,” Cheetahfur sighed.
The image of Leopardstar and the four tree stung to the roof of his mouth as if he had just eaten crowfood. “The scent of Thunderclan is everywhere today,” Tallfoot purred excitedly. “What do you mean everywhere, asked Cheetahfur his tail lashed with excitement.
The image of Rainpaw made him worry. What was the thing that was so important that she had to tell him anyway?
Cheetahfur sighed then shrugged his shoulders. “What will come of this,” he mewed. “What,” asked Tallfoot?
“Never mind, it’s nothing really just a thought”
“Oh, for a moment you seemed too silent for the old Cheetahfur,” he laughed giving his friend a quick lick. “I am fine believe me,” spat Cheetahfur.
“I’m will have to trust in your judgment,” Tallfoot laughed as he padded off toward the river.
The black pelt of Tallfoot made it almost impossible to not see him in the grassy wet field. “Well hurry up or my speed will lose you,” he spat. “Oh…”
“You wish, Tallfoot.” “You wish, Cheetahfur repeated. “Well you should haven’t had tried to beat me”
Tallfoot stiffened his tail barely moved from the wind. “You’ll wish you had stayed with Rainpaw,” Tallfoot laughed. “You’ll wish you hadn’t seen this,” Cheetahfur grumbled. He moved his paws faster against the cold sun drawn grown. He suddenly caught up with his friend, his eyes gleamed with pride as he landed a minute before Tallfoot in the river.
His sturdy paws padded hard and strong against the river’s strong currents. “ What’s with all the swimming in this river,” he moaned. Tallfoot jumped into the river. His short black fur was soaked by it’s currents.
“I love doing this don’t you,” Tallfoot purred. Cheetahfur nodded though in his mind he was thinking about saying no. Well I am part Thunderclan he thought remembering the fact that his parents had fallen love from different clans his brother resigned in Thunderclan with his father. How he longed to meet his father and brother, but sadly he had never even seen them.
Did they ever even care about him, he wondered?
“What is wrong with you,” hissed Tallfoot. “The scent of Thunderclan is over there. Do you think we should follow it?”
Cheetahfur sighed but nodded and padded to the shore his fur felt heavy as he padded toward the direction Tallfoot had told him.
What were so many Thunderclan cats doing in their territory he wondered? Why was it that the scent of Thunderclan cats were larger then the scent of Riverclan cats. Many of the cats had not been awake yet maybe it was that, but he still felt a chill run down his spine.
“What are they doing on our territory,” spat Cheetahfur, his fur bristling. Tallfoot curled his lips. “We’re going to find out, he hissed flicking his tail impatiently.
The two cats went into a crouch and padded swiftly to where the Thunderclan scent came from. The strike of terror has dissipated as he saw how adventurous it was as well as doing it for the good of the clan.
In the middle of the river trying to fish were two Thunderclan cats. Their fur was wet and their backs stood dry as if they were trying not to get wet.
Tallfoot hissed at the sight of the two Thunderclan cats. “If they catch anything I think I’ll laugh,” he hissed. “Well don’t worry about that,” spat Cheetahfur who ran out to face the two Thunderclan cats.
The two cats faces looked out of the water, their eyes flooded with fear. One of them spoke. “We are only fishing to get food for our clan,” she mewed quietly. “Who are you, hissed Tallfoot lashing out to help Cheetahfur. “I am Amberpaw,” his the dark ginger she-cat. Behind her a white and ginger she-cat stared at the two Riverclan cats with fear. “I am Sepiapaw,” she mewed.
“Amberpaw and Sepiapaw?”
“Where are your mentor, their nothing but apprentices,” hissed Tallfoot. “Yah, we may be apprentices, but we still can kill you, hissed Amberpaw raging with anger.
“Don’t worry Cheetahfur,” spat Tallfoot. “I’ll handle this, he hissed unsheathing his claws. “No”
A young brown tabby ran into the water. Her fur was long and dragged while she was in the damp thick river. “They caught nothing of yours,” she hissed going in front of them. “They only are trying to help our clan. They haven’t stole anything from you.”
Tallfoot padded into the water. “You are wrong, umm.”
“Fawnheart,” she growled flicking her tail with frustration. “You have no right allowing these menaces on our territory and for that they must pay,” hissed Tallfoot.
Fawnheart shuddered her amber eyes looked deep with thought. “Stop,” Tallfoot hissed Cheetahfur. “ Let them go they have done nothing except and have only been in the river.”
Tallfoot stared at Cheetahfur demanding him to refuse letting them go. Cheetahfur held his ground and spat. “They are not going to stay here any longer though.”
Fawnheart blinked a thanks to Cheetahfur then nudged the two apprentices out of the river and onto their own territory.
He let out a sigh then padded out of the river, then started to lick himself.
“Why did you let them go,” hissed Tallfoot glaring angrily at him. “They have their own food so they will have to hunt in their own territory”
“So”
“So, what do you mean by that,” snarled Tallfoot baring his teeth. “I mean we weren’t getting anywhere fighting with that Thunderclan cat,” hissed Cheetahfur. “Oh, I see what’s going on here,” laughed Tallfoot muttering something. “What’s that suppose to mean,” spat Cheetahfur unable to hide his anger.
“ Nothing, nothing just forget it,” meowed Tallfoot playing with Cheetahfur’s ear. He shrugged his shoulders as Tallfoot muttered. “You are afraid to battle a Thunderclan cat yet you can face off with a deadly raccoon,” he laughed. “You know I wonder why you could fight a raccoon but couldn’t fight a battle with a Thunderclan cat?”
Cheetahfur’s fur bristled with rage. How could Tallfoot understand or was it his half clan heritage. Maybe that’s why his friend was being so cruel to him.
“Listen Tallfoot, it’s not because it was a Thunderclan cat,” hissed Cheetahfur trying to catch his friend’s eye.
“I know, I know, just messing with you Cheetahfur,” mewed Tallfoot laughing. “You are just a kind and friendly clan cat, he added sarcastically.”
Cheetahfur’s claws unsheathed under the dirt. “How could you ever understand,” he hissed speeding away from his friend’s grasp.
He looked up to see the sun was setting once more. “I better get some fresh kill,” he mumbled heading toward a marshy field. Looking across the river he saw the sunningrocks. Sighing he padded over onto a large rock. His paw slashed a leaping fish. As he jumped after the fish in the river. It fell dead powerless to stop his hidden sweep of his paw.
“Hey Cheetahfur,” whispered a voice. Turning he saw it was Fawnheart and the two kits. He looked away and picked up the large silver fish with his muzzle. “Cheetahfur wait,” mewed Amberpaw, her green eyes stared at the golden brown tabby. “What?”
“We just wished to thank you for not fighting us,” mewed the apprentice. The sweet face of the apprentice reminded him of Rainpaw, except for her eyes and dark ginger fur.
“I must go so I can give this to Rapidwind,” he meowed lashing his tail.
“I see,” mewed Sepiapaw, her amber eyes wide with grief. “Good-bye!”
Cheetahfur nodded as he scooped another fish up into his mouth. “Wow,” mewed Amberpaw before her sweet voice disappeared from his mind and soon was out of sight.

He padded toward the fresh-kill pile his jaws released the smaller fish then he padded over to the nursery hoping she would be there. “Rapidwind are you here,” meowed Cheetahfur padding over toward her nest. “Oh hi Cheetahfur,” meowed Rapidwind her blue eyes filled with pride. “Is that for me?”
“Yes,” nodded Cheetahfur dropping the large fish in front of her. “You’ll need your strenght now for the two kits,” he purred giving her a short lick on her ear.
“Thanks”
“Your welcome, purred Cheetahfur widened with hope. The strong scent of milk filled his nostrils and he saw that Lilackit was with her.
It’s dark blue eyes gleamed with hope as it nuzzled her mother’s milk.
“Good-bye Cheetahfur,” meowed Rapidwind taking a bite of her food.
He padded over to his nest, the wind let out silent night breezes and he closed his eyes for a second to feel it’s gentle impact.
“Tonight I go to Four Trees,” he mewed silently in his nest.