Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors Into the Tundra made from the Warrior book series ❯ The destination decison ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
The decision of the journey
Chapter 4

The silent breeze made Cheetahfur wake up, his eyes looked up to see it was night out. “Why did I sleep in,” he spat silently. His fur bristled furiously. “I should go now,” he mewed as he jumped onto the ground from his nest. His paw steps echoed in the depths of the night. “All I have to do is get to the Fourtrees anyway,” he meowed sighing.
Slowly padding out of camp Cheetahfur kept alert in case any other cat saw what he was doing.
Turning he thought he saw a pair of glaring eyes. He shook his head then padded past the leader in his nest. “Starclan lead me to the Four Trees not seen,” he breathed silently.
The fresh scent of reeds filled his nostrils. He kept a close watch to make sure none of the patrols found him alone. The path seemed to light the way to the four trees though he wasn’t there yet.
He scented a strong Twoleg scent nearby. “What I the name of Starclan is that smell?”
A large growling noise made him realize it was a Twoleg’s pet. He scrambled up the closest tree, his fur bristling with anger. “If Leopardstar meant what she said then I will be far late.”
A sound in the bushes caught his intention yet he kept his eyes on the dog. “What is that stupid dog doing,” he hissed swiping at the air with his unsheathed paw?
The dog barked loudly and then it started to chase something dragging it’s Twoleg with it.
“Thank goodness,” spat Cheetahfur flicking his tail out of impatientness. “I’m getting out of here quick before that no good piece of crowfood comes back,” he spat glaring down at the bottom of the tree.
He jumped out of the tree, his heart nearly stopped as he fell to the ground on his feet. He panted heavily not knowing if he would be alright.
“This Twoleg path will lead me straight to Fourtrees,” he purred following the scent of the gravely path. “It will take forever to get to the Fourtrees, he hissed hitting the dirt like gravel with his paw. “Mouse-dung!”
He stopped and stared ahead of him.
The scent of Twolegs was getting stronger once more. A loud paw-stepping sound was coming right toward him. The sound of dogs also reached his ears.
Flashes of light blinded his eyes. He then heard the Twolegs yelling at each other.
“Starclan help me, he hissed! Throwing himself at the Twoleg’s foot he saw a large dog come charging at him. It’s long sharp white teeth almost got his hind leg then his tail. “No time to run away when my clan needs me,” he hissed. As the dog came closer, he leaped at it. His paws unsheathed his claws and he clung to the dogs fur like an embedding tick.
“How do you like that you stupid piece of mouse dung,” spat Cheetahfur his flank heaved in air.
“This is doing me no good, I should get out of here right away!” Unloosening his claws he sprang toward the Twoleg bridge and over the Twoleg’s heads. Barely making it Cheetahfur turned his head to see the dogs were trying to pull their Twolegs right toward him!
Running for his life he summoned enough courage to get over the large wooden bridge. “The Fourtrees are right over there, he panted running over into some bushes.
The Twolegs yelled and called while the dogs still pulled to get closer to him. Soon the Twolegs had pulled the dog away from the bush, it’s gaping jaws had almost gripped his spotted fur.
“Good thing that’s over,” he mewed.
“What if the dream was really, just a dream. What could I prove then just that I nearly got my head torn off?”
“The night is so much darker during the no-moon period,” he mewed looking up to see the sky. A shooting star made him flinch.
“The night is much darker then usual , after all it is a night of no-moon, sighed Cheetahfur.
The moon sparkled with extreme dullness. “The night is empty, he moaned. “Sadly I only have been here the gathering with all the clans not by myself. It is extremely lonely here he mewed.”
“Your not alone though,” mewed a small voice coming from the Fourtrees. “Who is there?”
Cheetahfur stared in confusion as if he were caught. “I am Cheetahfur of Riverclan,” he spat lashing his tail with curiosity.
He caught a glimpse of a small pale ginger cat with a white muzzle and dark black stripes.
“Of Riverclan you say,” asked the voice?
“Yes,” spat Cheetahfur.
A small young cat padded out from the bushes, the darkness still concealed him. “Who are you again,” asked the cat, it’s voice was longer.
“ My name is Cheetahfur of Riverclan,” Cheetahfur spat more loudly. “Who are you,” he asked?
The other cat hesitated then flicked his tail as a sign to be silent. “Why are you here Cheetahfur,” the cat asked?
“I’m am here to talk to Starclan,” he hissed trying not to say too much. “Why are you here,” Cheetahfur added?
“I am also here to talk to Starclan,” he meowed. “My name is Tigerpaw of Shadowclan,” he added in a sharp mew. The name striked fear within Cheetahfur. The name Tigerstar was a common name to know and Cheetahfur found it odd that the apprentice was named Tigerpaw.
“Well Tigerpaw are you here to met the other seven cats too,” Cheetahfur meowed making his eyes into slits.
The other cat nodded then came closer to get a better look at him. “Do you know where the other six cats are,” he asked impatiently?
“Wait a second don’t tell me that an apprentice was picked by Starclan as well,” hissed Cheetahfur?
“Maybe he was,” hissed another cat that hid behind a bush. “After all he came here didn’t he,” the cat snapped. “Yes that’s right but what are you doing Hawkfur,” hissed the apprentice swiping it’s paw at the air as a sign to come out.
Cheetahfur saw that he was a tabby when he saw the dark stripes but he still didn’t see what color he was. “Who is that,” the tabby spat looking at the golden tabby standing next to Tigerpaw. “Hawkfur, he was also chosen like us, his name is Cheetahfur and he is from Riverclan,” Tigerpaw mewed.
“I’m not traveling with some other clan cat,” the dark tabby hissed swiping his claws at the apprentice. “But at least he is a warrior,” spat the pale ginger tom avoiding the cat’s claws.
“Come on already I mean if Starclan chose him then it was meant for him to go Hawkfur,” Tigerpaw insisted.
“I don’t know,” hissed Hawkfur staring at Cheetahfur with hatred burning in his amber eyes. “Don’t worry Hawkfur I am no threat to you,” he reassured the tabby. He hoped he could make the warrior agree with them and join the quest for the clan’s safety.
“Don’t you want to save our clan and become a legend like Firestar,” added the apprentice. “Or are you afraid,” Tigerpaw mewed toughly. The warrior flinched.
“I’m not afraid I just don’t know if we should take a risk, even you have something to risk out there the tabby hissed glaring at Cheetahfur with alarm.
“Well known of you are alone hissed a voice behind them. “I’m Fawnheart and this is Ravenheart, we both are from Thunderclan,” she mewed.
“Oh hello Cheetahfur,” the she-cat mewed her amber eyes stared at the bushes. “Come on out Ravenheart, there is no need to feel alarmed because they are enemy cats,” she hissed running into the bush after the other cat.
She dragged out a young black cat, her body was solid black except for her white muzzle which stopped a little higher then her eyes. The scent of Thunderclan filled his nostrils.
“Hello,” the black cat replied as she sat down beside her friend. “I suppose your more of those five cats,” hissed Hawkfur, his lips curled.
“I don’t know you,” mewed Fawnheart. “Who are you and that apprentice?
Hawkfur stiffened his tail flickered but he did not reply. “I am Tigerpaw and that no good piece of fur is Hawkfur,” purred Tigerpaw happier that the other cat was silent.
Hawkfur hissed then went silent once more his fur was bristling and his eyes glared a striked warning to Tigerpaw. The apprentice flinched then said nothing in return.
“Why is so quiet in here,” added another cat rustling out of the bushes behind them.
Cheetahfur started to growl his fur bristled. He knew it was the annoying apprentice Rainpaw.
“Oh so I did make it to Fourtrees,” laughed Rainpaw her eyes were wide with pride. Cheetahfur hoped she wouldn’t see him, his claws longed to leave but he stood silent as a rock on an open breeze.
“Ravenheart how are you,” the white apprentice continued? The black warrior looked confused. As if she had never seen Rainpaw ever in her whole life.
“I met a friend along the way,” she mewed happily. Fawnheart flinched as she saw the dark ginger cat with a white muzzle and neck. “Amberpaw what are you doing here,” the brown tabby spat, her fur bristled.
“I was told by Starclan that I was going to find the other seven cats that will go on the journey here. They also said that I was going to be told how to find Storm’s prophecy.”
Tigerpaw gasped at how fast the little apprenticed talked. “Wow, you talk fast,” the apprentice growled sarcastically. Why all of a sudden was the apprentice acting so mean like a Shadowclan cat. He seemed to act like a Thunderclan cat until now.
“Well ,someone has there tail in a knot,” hissed the dark ginger she-cat her eyes held a gaze at him then she flicked her tail and turned away. Though they were looking and talking away from each other, Cheetahfur could see them looking at each other every few minutes.
What was going on, did the two apprentices despise one another already or was it something else that glowed in their eyes.
“Well where is the last of the chosen cats,” hissed Hawkfur bored. “If it is another apprentice I’ll claw it’s eyes out.”
Fawnheart stood tall her tail held high as she walk over to the dark warrior giving curses to the apprentices. “You better keep your tongue in your mouth,” she hissed. Cheetahfur was amazed that the warrior didn’t strike her with his claws.
“He probably is from Windclan,” mewed Amberpaw. “At least I think that she or he could be from Windclan.”
“Who cares as long as he gets here,” spat Hawkfur controlling his voice. “The night is long and I am getting worried about my clan,” he admitted his tail flickered once more.
Fawnheart got up and padded over to the tabby once more. Cheetahfur feared that the two cats would fight once more. Hawkfur must have guessed it too because he closed his eyes as if to expect a loud bunches of curses.
The pale brown tabby sat beside him, her eyes shined like a medicine cat’s. “Why didn’t you say anything earlier,” she mewed.
Cheetahfur felt relaxed his claws sheathed, while he sighed. “Cheetahfur, I didn’t know you would be here,” mewed Rainpaw her stabbing blue eyes seemed to burn into his. “Well you always were quiet,” she hissed flicking him with her tail.
“I think that weak little Windclan cat couldn’t get here,” hissed Amberpaw bored. “Wow this is quite fun mocking the other cat.”
A dark gray tom padded up to the apprentice, his eyes were deep with rage and anger. “I am Swiftclaw of Windclan how dare you mock me puny Thunderclan kit,” he hissed nudging the apprentice with his muzzle. “Next time it will hurt.”
Amberpaw nodded then turned around her eyes clouded. Ravenheart moved to her side to comfort her. But to Cheetahfur’s amazement Fawnheart did not move from where she sat.
“Well where is this sigh anyway,” hissed the dark gray warrior stroking his pelt with his tongue. “We don’t know yet,” mewed Ravenheart trying to keep herself awake.
A large glow made Cheetahfur flinch. It was the same thing in his dream. The star landed on top of the rock, and then he remembered he was supposed to be on top of the rock.
“What are you doing,” hissed Rainpaw pushing herself on top of him?
“You can’t just go where it’s going, you’ll die you dumb furball.”
Cheetahfur snorted then pawed her out of his way.