Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors Into the Tundra made from the Warrior book series ❯ The beginning of the journey ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Starclan’s warrior
Chapter 5

Cheetahfur blinked at the sight of the bright star. His green eyes opened to see a bright blur which appeared to be a cat. “Who are you,” he mewed looking up to see it was a dark gray tom not the golden spotted she-cat.
The scent of Shadowclan scent went throughout his nostrils. “I will not reveal who I am,” the tom replied in a revolting hiss.
“I am here to tell the way to start your journey to get Storm’s prophecy. You all are the cats chosen by eight different cats to go to find Storm’s prophecy. Am I right?”
Rainpaw nodded then padded up to sit with Cheetahfur. Her fur brushed against his and among the mists of the tension it seemed to make him feel comfortable.
“Where do you we go to get Storm’s prophecy,” asked Rainpaw her fur bristling with excitement. Her tail flicked up and down with amusement as if she couldn’t wait to go on the journey.
“You will go path the Alpine mountain and then try to find the cloud place, and that is where you will find the storm. You will find challenges and learn of secrets along the way, but before you leave the Storm you must met along the blood red sky and wait until the sunsets then you shall know how to return.”
“Let me get this straight,” hissed Hawkfur. “You want us over to a mountain to fine a place full of clouds?”
The dark gray tom looked away. “You will see for yourselves. Now I must be leaving”
Cheetahfur nodded as the gray tom went aflame and soared back up to the sky in the same position as before. “Well all well right now,” purred Fawnheart looking at Hawkfur then Ravenheart. “I think we should leave tonight,” she added her voice overwhelmed Cheetahfur. Why should they leave tonight? His fur bristled with unsureness.
Rainpaw must have noticed it for she began to press closer to him for comfort. He knew she felt the same way about leaving the clan without saying anything.
Though throughout the darkness of the night his heart longed to go home and see his clan once more. Amidst the thunder that shredded the sky he knew he belonged home. “Come on Cheetahfur,” mewed Rainpaw joining Amberpaw and the other cats.
He wondered if he would ever get even the chance to look at his brother. Rainpaw and Amberpaw stood beside Tigerpaw. In the lead was Ravenheart, and Fawnheart, while the rear was where Swiftclaw and Hawkfur. Cheetahfur padded alone in the dark he felt as if a wounded kit whining for it’s mother.
“The rain is coming,” purred Rainpaw her face was looking straight at the sky. “I love the rain, it is so comforting even when there’s thunder,”
Cheetahfur knew it was because she was a Riverclan cat that made her so fond of rain as of he did too.
“I will miss the sound of the river near where I sleep,” sighed Cheetahfur looking back toward the Twoleg bridge.
“Come on, you lazy furball,” hissed Swiftclaw his bright amber eyes glared with an uncertain taste for adventure. “I want to find shelter before the storm starts.”

“Yes good idea,” mewed Ravenheart, her voice was low compared to Rainpaw’s surprised gasp. “I love the rain, doesn’t that mean anything to you,” she growled.
“I am tired can we rest soon, moaned Tigerpaw his amber eyes tilting over to glance at Amberpaw.
“I am also tired, she wailed looking at Ravenheart for support. “I was going to be made a warrior soon and now I’ll never even know,” she mewed looking up at the Silverpelt.
“Don’t worry,” Ravenheart muttered licking the apprentice’s ear. “I will always try to find a way to help you.”
Amberpaw nodded as a streak of Lightning tumbled out of the sky. “That is really strange where is all the rain,” muttered Tigerpaw.
The rain dripped out of the clouds, leaving the cats sopping wet. “Just my luck,” hissed Tigerpaw shaking the water from his pelt.
Amberpaw pressed against Tigerpaw her green eyes were shining with warmth. “You must be cold,” the she-cat mewed. Tigerpaw nodded and pressed closer to the dark ginger apprentice.
Ravenheart couldn’t help but stare at the apprentices her eyes filled with amusement. “What is so funny,” hissed Rainpaw nudging the almost solid black she-cat with her muzzle.
“You watch it snowball,” Ravenheart laughed going faster so she could escape the white apprentice’s blow.
Rainpaw hissed with frustration but relaxed her fur and allowed herself to enjoy the rain. Ravenheart and Fawnheart now stood in the middle, Swiftclaw and Hawkfur meanly stared at the rear of the cats. In the front the two apprentices resided. Cheetahfur ran over to Rainpaw, his eyes gleamed with excitement.
“Hey Rainpaw look over there,” he mewed pointing to the left of him. Rainpaw looked over her eyes persuaded to see what was out there. Cheetahfur jumped onto her his tail held high as he ran ahead of the two apprentices. “I’m going to turn you into crowfood,” she hissed spitting dirt out her mouth. “And if I don’t kill you Ruddypaw will,” she hissed leaping after Cheetahfur.
He knew that Ruddypaw was her brother. A lot shyer and rudder as well, but his name wasn’t from his attitude it was his tawny colored pelt. Ruddy is also another color for a tawny like color or reddish.
“Will see about that,” he laughed looking behind him to see how behind the white apprentice was. “Where did she go,” he hissed seeing she had disappeared. As he halted he saw she was in front of him, sitting down. The halt wasn’t enough to stop him and he fell on top of Rainpaw.
Her fur bristled as she unsheathed her claws. “Miss me Cheetahfur,” she hissed rolling on to him. “We still have a score to settle,” she growled gripping him with her claws. “Why aren’t you clawing at me too,” she hissed seeing she was the only one fighting. “Oh, I have my reasons,” he purred turning his head to face the other cats. “What do you mean by that,” spat Rainpaw getting up from the ground. Ravenheart stopped and whispered something in her ear, but Cheetahfur was too far to hear what she had said. Her expression looked confused as Ravenheart whispered something more. Rainpaw nodded then turned away from Cheetahfur and right up to Fawnheart. Cheetahfur sagged back. Why did he feel so alone was it because only Rainpaw was in his clan or was it something else, but what? He knew he should make friends with the other cats before to long since they would be together for some time.
He turned his head and padded over toward Hawkfur and Swiftclaw. Then he paused to sniff the air. The scent of Shadowclan filled his nostrils. “We must hurry he mewed running up the border of Shadowclan. He stopped and allowed Swiftclaw and Hawkfur to catch up with him. “Oh, hi Cheetahfur,” mewed Swiftclaw, his thin body looked as if he hadn’t been eating. “You look fine,” Hawkfur added licking his paw. “Well looks like we’ll pass our homes,” meowed Swiftclaw looking at Hawkfur. The dark tabby nodded. “Whatever I acted like before just forget it Cheetahfur,” meowed Hawkfur looking at the rain drawn Silverpelt. “What do you think will become of this journey,” asked Cheetahfur looking at the two toms with fear. “I fear that little Tigerpaw will never get to be a warrior if he go,” spat Hawkfur. The dark brown tabby looked away from the two warriors and stared hastily at Amberpaw. What he saw in the amber eyes of the Shadowclan warrior he didn’t like. “The cloud place what do you think that is,” mewed Cheetahfur trying to get Hawkfur’s attention. “I don’t have any idea but I think it may be a place so high in the mountains that it has clouds in it,” Swiftclaw snapped. “But didn’t that warrior say it was past the mountains,” spat Hawkfur? “Yes I believe he did,” Cheetahfur agreed. “I think we should quickly get out of Shadowclan and Windclan territory.”
“Yes, sighed Swiftclaw giving Hawkfur and Cheetahfur a curt nod. “I agree the faster we get out of here the better,” yawned Hawkfur looking once more at his territory. “What are we going to do know,” he hissed. “We are almost out of our territory.”
Fear-scent reeked Cheetahfur’s nose and he knew that it was Hawkfur’s fear-scent. It was probably because he didn’t want to be caught with cats from different clans. “Is anyone else upset with the fact that we are stuck with three apprentices,” spat Swiftclaw glaring at Hawkfur as if not including Cheetahfur in his question. Hawkfur nodded looking over at Amberpaw and Tigerpaw. His fur started to bristle and he unsheathed his claws.
Cheetahfur stared as Hawkfur stared hostilely at the two apprentices.
His green eyes turned to slits as the rain dripped into his eyes. “I think it is starting to downpour, he hissed pawing at his eye. Swiftclaw nodded then ran ahead of Cheetahfur and Hawkfur.
“Hey Cheetahfur, do you think there is anything going on between Tigerpaw and Amberpaw the dark tabby asked looking over to glare at the apprentices once more. Cheetahfur saw that the Shadowclan tabby looked worried. “I don’t know, why don’t you ask Tigerpaw,” he meowed trying to avoid a conflict. The spark in Hawkfur’s eyes died down. “I don’t think I could ask anything to Tigerpaw and get the truth,” he spat.
“Well if that’s how you feel, that’s how you feel,” mewed Cheetahfur looking away. Cheetahfur padded away from the tabby and padded up to Ravenheart. Her eyes stared at him with wonder. “What do you want?”
“I just wanted to get to know you better since all of us will be here for a while, he mewed. The black she-cat stared at him for a moment at first Cheetahfur thought he may have offended her.
She gave him a slow nod. “Well I guess you ought to know something about me,” she laughed though the strong amount of rain seemed to bother her.
“I see that you are a Thunderclan cat,” he meowed seeing they were half way out of the two clan’s borders. “Yes I am a Thunderclan cat and I can see you are also a Riverclan cat for that annoying liking of rain seems to make you fond of water, she purred laughing from amusement.
Cheetahfur stopped licking the rain off his face then padded next to Ravenheart once more. “Well, you ummm.” “Like I thought,” mewed Ravenheart her thin black tail flicked at him. “You are sadly just a Riverclan cat,” she mewed silently. “What do you mean by sadly just a Riverclan cat,” he hissed?
“I think Riverclan cats like too much water that’s all,” she laughed padded faster against the wet terrain. “Wow, am I ever getting tired,” she sighed stopping to catch her breath. “Yah, I’m also very cold,” mewed Tigerpaw his amber eyes wide with rejoice.
“I also am tired,” purred Amberpaw who looked at Fawnheart and Ravenheart. “I know you lazy furballs are tired but shouldn’t we hurry and move out of the border line,” hissed Swiftclaw looking sternly at the other cats. “Well if you say so,” laughed Fawnheart as she rushed across the path leading to the Carrion place. “There that should solve our problem ,” hissed Hawkfur padded up to greet Tigerpaw. Swiftclaw snorted then turned to face the other way, his eyes deep in thought.
“They probably won’t even want him back the way he acts,” growled Ravenheart her blue eyes stared coldly at the dark gray tom. “Come on let’s keep going,” she spat running toward the front of the cats.
Hawkfur padded up to greet Cheetahfur. “I think we should rest right now so we can gain some strength,” he spat looking over toward a small den under a tree. “Look far away there is a mountain,” mewed Tigerpaw his gentle side returned.
Cheetahfur nodded. I’m staving,” hissed Rainpaw looking desperately at the other cats. Her belly grumbled and Cheetahfur guessed she really wanted to eat before they found shelter to sleep in.
“I will go and find some prey,” mewed Hawkfur. “I will join you,” snapped Swiftclaw prodding over to the dark tabby. “I wouldn’t mind helping as well,” purred Ravenheart following the other dark cats.
Cheetahfur noticed none of the apprentices wanted to go and hunt. “We must find shelter before they return,” spat Fawnheart as if reading his mind.
She padded over toward the tree her fur still sopping wet from the passing rainstorm. “This looks big enough,” she meowed looking at the narrow entrance of the den. “I am too tired to care about the food or the size of shelter,” groaned Tigerpaw padding into the den. “I will go find some bedding,” Amberpaw mewed running over to a large pile of leafs. Tigerpaw yawned his tail flicked with impatientness. “What’s your hurry Tigerpaw,” laughed Fawnheart yawning.
“Oh, nothing except my dreams,” he snarled back in defense.
Amberpaw padded back to the tree. She brushed past the two cats and dropped the bedding gently. “I am so glad I can finally sleep,” hissed Tigerpaw running into the den.
The small pale ginger apprentice padded into the truck of the tree and laid down still yawning. He shook his head once then put his muzzle down onto his paw.
Silently the apprentice closed his eyes. Cheetahfur watched as Amberpaw crept in and laid to the left of him. Her pale bright green eyes flashed with tiredness until she finally closed her eyes with tiredness as well as Tigerpaw.
“Well aren’t they the silent sleepers,” laughed Fawnheart as she curled up near the doorway, Rainpaw at her side.