Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors Into the Tundra made from the Warrior book series ❯ The quest begins ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]
The quest begins
Chapter 6

Cheetahfur waited silently as the three warriors returned to the den, their pelts soaked with streaks of rain dripping down their pelts. Luckily they all had short hair for a wet haired cat like his friend Skytail would had been sopping for hours not a few minutes like these short haired cats.
He looked over his shoulder Tigerpaw and Amberpaw had both woken up to see what the three warriors had caught.
“What did you catch,” mewed Tigerpaw looking at the bunch of rabbits and squirrels in front of him. “What do you think, you stupid furball,” hissed Hawkfur?
Hawkfur picked up a rabbit and padded over to the left side of the den to eat in peace, soon Swiftclaw joined him a squirrel planted deeply in his mouth. “Well I do love a good rabbit,” sighed Tigerpaw gripping the largest one with his jaws. Amberpaw followed him. “Can we share,” she mewed pawing at the large rabbit.
Tigerpaw nodded then took the first bite of the rabbit. Cheetahfur could smell the strong scent of blood and fresh-kill raising to the top of his mouth.
He padded over to grab a small squirrel and dragged it back to where he had relaxed at before the three warriors returned. Turning he saw the two apprentices had already gone back to sleep. Hawkfur glared at the sleeping apprentices hatred filled his golden eyes.
He closed his eyes shortly after he saw Fawnheart and Ravenheart curl beside Amberpaw.

Cheetahfur opened his eyes, freezing from the cold rain storms outside. He saw that the two dark toms had curled up next to each other. He also saw that Amberpaw and Tigerpaw also were still curled up together. He smelled their warmth and longed for it. Why had Hawkfur been so worried about Tigerpaw after all Hawkfur had bonded with Swiftclaw more than Cheetahfur had expected.
All of a sudden he gasped, did Hawkfur think that Tigerpaw and Amberpaw would fall in love and their lives would be miserable. The thoughts flowed throughout his mind. How would the two apprentices fall in love when they both were just probably friends?
Cheetahfur hoped that the two apprentices sticked to only being friends and nothing more.
He glanced at Amberpaw next to her was Ravenheart then Fawnheart, then Rainpaw. He felt sadness that none of the cats even had slept next to him to help him keep warm. He slowly put his head sadly on to his paws.
A small voice startled him and he felt a warm body beside him. “Hey, Cheetahfur are you alright,” asked Rainpaw her light blue eyes burned with an unreadable glare.
“I thought you would be lonely,” she mumbled under her breath. Cheetahfur nodded and started close his eyes once more, yet the soft and warmness of Rainpaw’s fur made him feel like the way he did in the Riverclan camp.

Cheetahfur shook his head and opened his eyes to see that the rain had disappeared. “Hey I think we should get up now,” he meowed. “I do too,” but sadly they won’t get up hissed another voice.
Cheetahfur knew it was Tigerpaw. He turned to see it was Tigerpaw and Amberpaw. “Tigerpaw, Amberpaw we need to wake them up, can you help me?”
Tigerpaw nodded then stalked over toward Hawkfur, while Amberpaw padded over toward Ravenheart and Fawnheart. He gave them a small mew of thanks then padded over to wake up Rainpaw.
“Rainpaw it is time to get up,” Cheetahfur hissed, his teeth grabbed her the scruff of fur behind her neck and dragged her to see the endless sunlight.
“Excuse me,” spat Rainpaw blinking her eyes in confusion. “What do you think your doing,” she growled. “If you asked me to wake up maybe I would’ve,” she snorted. He could see that Hawkfur and Fawnheart was awake as well. The two apprentice mewed things to help get the other cats up but it didn’t seem to work.
“I know,” hissed Hawkfur digging his claws into the rump of Swiftclaw. In reply Swiftclaw spat “What in the name of Starclan are you doing,” he asked the dark tabby. Fawnheart stood in front of him. “Well, he was trying to help you by waking you,” she hissed flicking her tail angrily.
“What is wrong with you Fawnheart,” yawned Ravenheart blinking sleep from her eyes. The pale brown tabby turned to see that the black warrior had finally woken up.
“You’re a real sight for sore eyes,” meowed Swiftclaw looking at the black she-cat.
She looked at him with a look of worry in her eyes. “Are you ok,” she asked looking awkwardly at the dark gray tom.
The gray tom hesitated then shrugged his shoulders. He padded away from Ravenheart his blue eyes filled with anger once more.
“This place is unwelcoming anyway,” spat Swiftclaw unsheathing his claws. “We should be leaving soon anyway,” added Hawkfur heading for the entrance of the den.
Ravenheart nodded then stood up beside her friend, Fawnheart. “The scent of Twolegs are increasing, she added hissing and spitting angrily. “Yes, and I hate those wretched things,” spat Rainpaw padding past Hawkfur and Ravenheart. “We must hurry!”
The young white apprentice hurried out of the den, her fur sparkled with a stunning radiance. Cheetahfur nudged Fawnheart toward the entrance. Swiftclaw followed Amberpaw and Tigerpaw.
Rainpaw huddled close to Fawnheart, her eyes were dull with fear. “We must get out of here fast, I can scent the Twolegs stronger now, she mewed.”
A loud monster came roaring toward the tree, it’s large claws picked up the tree even the roots dragged out of the ground.
Cheetahfur shook himself as he saw the ground tumble above him. Roots made the ground fall beneath him, his eyes stared fear made him not now what to do. He was petrified by the loud monster’s grip on the tree.
All he heard was the other cats yowling and screaming get out!
“The dirt fell on top of him his hear nearly stopped as the monster drove away. The tree grasping in it’s claws. A
As soon as the monster was out of sight, Rainpaw and Tigerpaw rushed over to the large fresh dirt and gravel. “Oh, poor Cheetahfur,” she wailed, her eyes clouded with sorrow. Her eyes changed a quick determination gleamed in her blue eyes.
“He may still be alive,” she mewed clawing at the dirt with her paws. “I don’t think he could’ve made it,” sighed Fawnheart her tail flicked with grief.
“What will we do now without him,” Tigerpaw mewed in a whining voice. “We at least can find his body,” Amberpaw mewed.
“I just thought he might have survived,” mewed Rainpaw still clawing at the dirt. “He could still be,” hissed Hawkfur clawing deep into the dirt.
Cheetahfur shook his head and opened his eyes. His paws dug at the ground. “Where am I ,” he panted looking around him to see no way out. “I have to dig out of here,” he spat. He flinched.
“A voice?”
He put his ear against the roof of the dirt. “Hawkfur?” “Tigerpaw?” “Rainpaw?” “Fawnheart?” “Amberpaw?” He listened to their voices and quivered at the feeling of falling dirt. Was the cave collapsing once more?
His tail flickered in alarm as a pile of dirt fell on to his face.
As he shook off the dirt from his face he recognized Hawkfur’s face staring at his, his dark amber eyes flashed in surprise.
“Hey, Cheetahfur’s alive,” he spat looking at the other warriors and apprentices that had also been digging. “I need help to get you out,” hissed Hawkfur. “No need,” Cheetahfur purred jumping out of the den and on to the ground.
“Well, I never,” mewed Amberpaw staring blankly at him with wide open eyes of hope.
“We’d never think we would ever see you again,” she purred rubbing her face against his cheek. Though he had only known the other cats for a short while he felt they were as close to him as his clan.
Rainpaw and Fawnheart padded over to him.
The white apprentice’s fur was ruffled and her tail flicked rejoicefully.
“Well why did you make us worry like that,” she spat her blue eyes giving him a cold stare.
“Why are you so mad, aren’t you glad I’m alright,” he purred looking at all the cats with a look of hope in his eyes.
“We thought you joined Starclan,” mewed Fawnheart her amber eyes gleamed with uncertainty.
The white apprentice padded over toward Amberpaw, her claws unsheathed and her fur bristling. “Well it’s a greatness that you are alive,” hissed Swiftclaw. “You are the only cat here that would have tried to save us like that and we didn’t even get a chance to warn you and you could have died.”
“Yes now can we go already,” hissed Ravenheart padding toward him. “We have to leave dirt face so if you don’t mind I want to go know. The sooner we go the quicker we come back.”
“Yes I agree for once,” mewed Rainpaw twenty fox-lengths away from them. “Come on already, she hissed once more.
Cheetahfur obeyed her and ran quickly ahead of all the other cats.
Rainpaw stopped and allowed him to catch up her eyes clouded with relief.
“Why are you so upset,” he asked touching his muzzle against her’s to comfort her. “Well, you just made me upset I guess,” she purred rubbing her face against his. “Well and I was going to say you two would never talk to each other again. I guess I was wrong,” sighed Swiftclaw. The thin warrior breathed in steady breathes then padded along side Cheetahfur.
“With luck we’ll actually make it to the cloud place,” Hawkfur growled moving swiftly along the marsh like terrain.
“Yah, and get the prophecy from the Storm,” meowed Tigerpaw.
The moon had set and Cheetahfur found it hard just to leave his friends alone. Could it be that he was missing his clanmates back at home or was it something he couldn’t think of.