Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors Into the Tundra made from the Warrior book series ❯ On their way to the mountain ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]
On their way to the mountains
Chapter 7

Cheetahfur woke up from the grass nest Amberpaw had made for them. His heart sank as he knew soon he would have to climb the mountain and over it lied their destiny. “Rainpaw, how are you,” he mewed looking at the white she-cat.
The apprentice didn’t reply and he knew that she was still asleep. Trying not to wake her he crawled over toward the mountain. “I think it should be difficult, don’t you,” meowed Tigerpaw. He looked at the pale ginger apprentice. His amber eyes showed no fear and his black tabby stripes made him look as if a Tigerclan warrior not Shadowclan.
“We should hunt then be off,” Cheetahfur agreed flicking his tail from excitement.
“Where are we headed,” asked Ravenheart yawning? “Up the mountains,” mewed Amberpaw from her nest. “We should hurry already and start hunting. I’ll help Tigerpaw.” An annoyed flick of Hawkfur’s tail made Cheetahfur flinch.
Was Hawkfur just about to try to attack Amberpaw over their friendship? Or was it the warrior code that yielded the warrior to hate the dark ginger apprentice? But didn’t he get that we should be friends or was the young tabby’s curses that made him remember what he had asked him a few days ago.
Rainpaw padded over to Fawnheart her eyes still blinking sleep out of her eyes. As she nudged at the pale brown tabby until her eyelids opened. “What’s going on Rainpaw?” The white apprentice froze. “We are going to go hunting then we’ll go over the mountain,” she mewed as the thunder roared above. “It’s going to rain again,” spat Rainpaw looking at the clouds. “What are we going to do,” hissed Swiftclaw shaking his fur with fear. Cheetahfur couldn’t help but agree with him for if it storms once their on the mountain. A cat could easily fall to it’s death from not being able to see.
“Well lets go already,” hissed Ravenheart pushing Fawnheart to her paws. “I’m awake already,” Fawnheart mewed. “You can easily fall off the mountain though,” Rainpaw growled looking up to see the steep changes in elevation.
Cheetahfur nodded his eyes tried to look away but he could see from the peak of the storm that the winds were colliding into one another, making it spin. “Have any of you seen this before,” Amberpaw mewed pressing closer to Tigerpaw. “I’m going up the mountain and fast,” hissed Swiftclaw rushing over toward the mountain. His claws dug into the ground and he started climbing.
“Hawkfur, we need to get out of here quick,” hissed Tigerpaw trying not to show his fear. Hawkfur nodded and followed Swiftclaw up the mountain.
“I hope to Starclan that we live this,” meowed Rainpaw following the two dark cats climbing up the mountain. “Don’t worry we will,” he reassured her yet the fear was growing on his face. He pushed Ravenheart and Fawnheart toward where Rainpaw had started climbing.
“Ummm, do you think we should,” hissed Tigerpaw standing in front of Amberpaw. Cheetahfur nodded then clawed at the hard ground of the mountain, his eyes had not stopped watching the spinning of the air. “I do not like the looks of that,” Amberpaw spat looking also at the coming storm cloud.
“Come on,” hissed Tigerpaw running after Swiftclaw and Hawkfur. “Amberpaw, Cheetahfur, we have to hurry,” he mewed nudging Amberpaw with his tail.
Amberpaw nodded then ran faster to catch up with the cats in front of her. “I will hold on,” she cried running after the other Thunderclan cats.
“Cheetahfur please hurry,” spat Tigerpaw helping Cheetahfur up he first of the steep slopes. Rocks and pebbles tumbled underneath his feet. He gulped as he saw the storm was getting closer and soon the mountain would flood from the effects of the storm if it is strong.
“If we don’t die now we certainly will after the storm,” spat Hawkfur almost tripping on a small rock. Cheetahfur looked down, they were only a few feet on to the mountain. “This will take all day while that storm will get us before the time we reach the top,” spat Rainpaw her fur bristling. “Don’t worry Rainpaw we’ll find shelter from the storm then keep on going,” yowled Fawnheart looking behind her to see the white apprentice. The pale brown tabby blended in with her surroundings as well with Hawkfur for the rocks on the mountain was a clayish color. “This is so weird for a storm to come out of no where,” mewed Amberpaw swiftly moving her paws over a steep ledge. “Oh no I see a gap in the mountain,” hissed Swiftclaw looking over to see the path they had been walking had ended.
“Its not over yet,” spat Rainpaw halting where the other cats had stopped. She backed up her muscles relaxed and then she sprang running until she was a few tail-lengths from the edge. Was she going to try to jump the gap Cheetahfur thought to himself. She did a quick leap and clawed the edge of the other side almost missing the large jump. She sat down her eyes wide with fear and her heart beating faster.
Cheetahfur nodded .“Who is a good jumper?” Swiftclaw flicked his tail with excitement. “I am a great jumper,” he hissed backing up as Rainpaw did. His blue eyes glared out of frustration and he started running fast against the ground. “It looked if Starclan had helped after all,” mewed Hawkfur. The dark gray tom leaped his back legs dug at the edge as if he pretended he didn’t make it.
“I’ll go next,” purred Ravenheart in amusement. Her green eyes enlightened by the sudden change of adventure. Her tail flicked as she also padded down the ledge and made a sudden leap. Cheetahfur realized that they would have to get off the mountain today if they wanted to eat anything, for their probably nothing up on the mountain besides hawks.
His fur tingled with fear as the two apprentices jumped the gap, their fur both times glowed with the ferocity of fire. Cheetahfur stood back as Hawkfur padded against the ground, his flank heaved in air as if he was going to die. Cheetahfur could see the storm was still in the distance.
“Cheetahfur we need to hurry,” hissed Rainpaw looking up to see the long amount of mountain left to climb. “I will go next,” he meowed seeing that Hawkfur had made the jump as well as Tigerpaw and Amberpaw. Their eyes were wide with fear though. Were they still afraid of the storm too. He moved hard against the cliff, his eyes looked hopelessly lost as he pushed down on the edge of the cliff and pushed off with his hind legs hoping he could make it.
His strenght made him fly over all the other cats their eyes still wide with fear.
“Are you ok,” asked Fawnheart looking across the gap to see what happened to the spotted warrior. “I’m fine,” Cheetahfur mewed. “Good then leave room for her to jump,” laughed Rainpaw nudging him farther down the cliff.
He watched as the long haired she-cat leaped in the wind. The voice he had heard so long ago had returned. “Leopardstar is that you watching us,” he mewed to himself?
Fawnheart landed almost a tail length away from the edge, her eyes still gripped fear in them.
“I’m alive,” she purred looking at the other cats. “Of course you are alive you dumb furball,” hissed Hawkfur gripping the scruff behind her neck to help her up. “Thank you,” she purred shaking fear from her fur. Cheetahfur got a small glance of Amberpaw and Tigerpaw before he started up the mountain once more. “Was it me or was it the wind bringing them so close together,” spat Hawkfur who also saw them together. “Maybe they’re cold,” Rainpaw mewed trying to protect her friend. “Yah right,” he muttered moving beside Swiftclaw and Fawnheart. “I don’t know Cheetahfur,” she mewed looking behind her, her large blue eyes widened with fear once more. Cheetahfur knew that she also was afraid for her friend. What would come from the affection of another cat in a different clan?
He stopped ad stiffed the air, his ear prickled at the sound of a large amount of wind. “The storm is picking up speed,” he hissed looking at the large funnel spinning right towards them. “I found some shelter,” hissed Ravenheart. “Come on Amberpaw and Tigerpaw hurry up,” she hissed looking at how far back the two apprentices were. Rainpaw rushed after the black cat, her tail flicked with the curiosity of a tiger.
“Come on Cheetahfur,” she called. He hesitated but held his ground until Tigerpaw and Amberpaw caught up with him. “Well, you did actually wait for us,” spat Tigerpaw. “Yes thank you,” spat Amberpaw as she padded over to the other cats.
Cheetahfur followed them until he saw that they had found a rock den to nest in. “I didn’t think you’d find it that fast,” mewed Fawnheart padding inside of the den, her tail brushed against Ravenheart. In an instant Rainpaw followed her in and he thought he could see tiredness from the way she flicked her tail around impatiently. He followed Rainpaw in his fur was wet though he hadn’t been in water or gotten wet from rain. “You’re probably just wet from the high moistures up here,” mewed Amberpaw seeing him start to lick his fur. Tigerpaw and Hawkfur followed, then Swiftclaw. Soon no one was outside of the den. “You think this den doesn’t belong to anyone do you,” mewed Fawnheart looking at the size of the den. “Maybe it was abandoned,” spat Tigerpaw hearing the sound streaks of thunder and lightning outside. “Well I hope we can survive this,” jolted Swiftclaw tucking his paws underneath himself. “Yes I agree,” spat Hawkfur clawing at the ground beneath the den. “Hey there’s a hole in the ground here,” he spat looking down it. “What,” asked Amberpaw who fell down the hole seconds later. “Amberpaw,” yowled Fawnheart looking down the hole. “Where are you,” hissed Ravenheart doing the same thing as Fawnheart. “Maybe this is why they abandoned this den,” hissed Swiftclaw gleaming down the hole to see two green eyes. “I can see her,” growled Cheetahfur looking down the hole. Tigerpaw got up from where he sat, his fur bristling and his claws sheathed. “What happened,” he hissed looking down the hole. “Amberpaw, are you alright,” he asked hope still burning in his eyes.
“Tigerpaw is that you, I can’t see a thing down here there is a long tunnel that I don’t where it leads to,” her voice echoed as if she was also in a cave. “Come on,” Tigerpaw growled leaping into the hole. “The storm is going to destroy the den,” hissed Fawnheart panicking. “What are we going to do,” she mewed in a small yowl.
“We have to go into the hole,” hissed Hawkfur seeing the spiral winds blowing around the den. “It will cave in if we don’t,” he hissed. “But what if there is no exit,” hissed Rainpaw her eyes spreading with panic. “I certainly don’t want to go into that hole,” she spat clawing at the ground out of frustration.
“Come on do you want to die,” hissed Tigerpaw below the hole. “Well, I don’t,” meowed Fawnheart jumping into the dark hole making a loud sound as she landed. Ravenheart nodded the joined her friend in the hole. “Cheetahfur, what should we do,” asked Hawkfur looking around?
“I think we should jump,” Cheetahfur hissed leaping in after the two Thunderclan cats. He turned to see it was dark in the mountains bottom too. “We’re practically on the other side,” hissed Tigerpaw pointing his tail out of a small hole in the ground. “Look there is the cloud place he mewed quietly looking at the area of lots of clouds. “For some strange reason, I don’t believe that is what he meant,” hissed Cheetahfur. “Besides Tigerpaw, Cheetahfur is right for the clouds are only going to be here until after the storm,” she growled. “I’m so tired,” she moaned giving a small yawn. “There is hardly any sunlight out,” spat Hawkfur coming from where the hole was. Swiftclaw followed him. “Yes I think we should rest then continue onward,” he mewed.
Cheetahfur couldn’t see anything in the den, his friends could curl against someone they didn’t even like. Or something that wasn’t a cat. Cheetahfur looked down once more his eyes burned with a sudden flash of hunger. “Are you alright Cheetahfur,” asked Tigerpaw his menacing amber eyes didn’t stop staring at the golden spotted tabby. “Have you seen Amberpaw,” asked Cheetahfur looking around the cave for the bright green eyes.
“No,” whined Tigerpaw curling up into a ball next to the wall of the cave. Cheetahfur curled up beside the apprentice sympathy filled his green eyes as he saw the apprentice struggle to get comfortable. Did he miss the dark ginger apprentice so much? What will happen if they do return to their clans? Will they still want to be together anyway? Cheetahfur closed his eyes aware of another cat that curled up next to him.