Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors Into the Tundra made from the Warrior book series ❯ Finding Fawnheart ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Finding Fawnheart
Chapter 12

Ravenheart stiffened her eyes that usually were deep and readable were now swollen with emotion. “You left her out there, how could you,” she growled? Hawkfur shifted then stood up.
“The dogs are getting ready to attack,” he hissed. “We should run,” spat Rainpaw racing to get out toward a bush but Cheetahfur gripped the scruff of her neck making her kick a small stick in front of the bushes, just as it was about to fall, a large dog hopped out of the bushes the stick in it’s large gapping mouth.
“Grrrr… too you too,” spat Ravenheart glaring madly at the dog. It didn’t move it’s nose snorted right in front of Amberpaw, her eyes glowing with fear. “Don’t touch her mongrel,” he hissed standing in front of her.
The dog ignored his loud growl and snapped the twig in two, it’s eyes pierced Cheetahfur’s skin. “See what would had happened if you actually went into that bush,” he spat. Cheetahfur was alarmed to see the apprentice’s eyes glow from fear of what would’ve happened to her if she had gone into the bush.
“Rainpaw snap out of it,” his Amberpaw, her back arched and her fur bristling. The white apprentice shook her head, then yawned. “We can take him why don’t we fight it then,” she spat?
“We need to get to the Waterfall then rest later we will look for Fawnheart, I just know she is ok, at least I hope she is alright,” he meowed.
“We will find her but first we should try to escape the dogs alive,” hissed Swiftclaw glaring at the three cats who were talking. “More dogs are going to come, what should we do next,” he added bristling his fur.
“Yes first lets focus on living,” hissed Tigerpaw snapping his jaws on a gathering pack of dogs. His paws hit the ground hard as he slammed against one of the dogs. He clawed at its eyes then ran for the bushes not thinking what to do next. Amberpaw quickly followed her pads hit hard against the cold ground.
“We should go now,” hissed Swiftclaw following the dark ginger apprentice over the dark dog.
“I agree we have to get out of here,” hissed Ravenheart who nudged Rainpaw the look of fear still misted in her green eyes. The black and white she-cat raced to catch up with Tigerpaw, Swiftclaw, and Amberpaw.
“Well, I don’t know about you two but I am going to keep looking for Fawnheart,” he mewed going beneath the dog following Tigerpaw. “We have to do something to help her,” mewed Rainpaw looking away from Cheetahfur. “Who?”
“You know, Ravenheart, she really does miss her friend,” she sighed. “Yes but friends come in all different sizes and have different hearts. Some hearts are dark and can only open the darkness of the world while the good of hearts can lighten the sky with their prays,” mewed Cheetahfur. Rainpaw’s eyes opened widened, well I always say that those who good things receive good things in return,” she mewed.
“Wow, I never heard you say that before,” Cheetahfur mewed looking at her expensively.
“We then we should get to know a cat before you judging them,” she purred flicking her tail.
“Now run, Cheetahfur,” she yowled running after the dark tabby in the distance. She sped through the dogs her large blue eyes wide with fear. “I’m right behind you,” mewed Cheetahfur rushing after the white apprentice.

“Wait that scent is Fawnheart,” growled Ravenheart turning left. Without stopping Hawkfur and Amberpaw followed. Tigerpaw and Swiftclaw shortly followed after them.
Rainpaw glared at him then passed him, her feet hit harder against the grassy terrain.
“Wait, is that snow,” asked Rainpaw looking in front of her to see large amount of snow under her feet and around her.
“Look it is Fawnheart,” hissed Hawkfur looking at the medium haired cat with a bushy tail. All the she-cat did was stare back at them, speechless.