Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors Into the Tundra made from the Warrior book series ❯ Dangerous Dog Pack ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Dangerous Dog pack
Chapter 11

It’s teeth gripped tightly around Cheetahfur’s tail. The other bit deep into his neck. He sliced the thing on his tail with his hind legs then pounced on top of the one that was gripping his neck.
“Rainpaw,” is that you,” he hissed seeing the white cat with blue eyes. “No kidding you idiot,” she meowed. “Now, get off of me you dumb furball.
Hawkfur padded over toward them his eyes glared with unreadable look. “Hey dingdong, you sliced my nose,” he growled, pointing his tail at the deep cut on his dark pink nose.
Rainpaw laughed, “Wow, it really brings out your eyes.”
Hawkfur gave her a cold stare then he dug his claws out of the ground.
“I’ve been looking for you”
“Wait where is Fawnheart,” he asked looking at the two cats?
“Oh so all you care about is Fawnheart now,” hissed Rainpaw, then as if she said something out loud instead of in her mind. “I mean we don’t know where she is either, that’s who we were looking for,” she mewed embarrassingly.
Hawkfur also gave Cheetahfur the same undying glare that he gave Rainpaw except there was more hatred in it. “We were looking for her when Rainpaw found you,” he meowed looking from Rainpaw to Cheetahfur.
“She insisted on trying to make you cry,” he laughed amusement gleaming in his eyes. Even Rainpaw started to laugh.
“I don’t see what’s so funny,” Cheetahfur hissed clawing at the grass from frustration. “Your over exaggerating,” hissed Hawkfur.
“Yes don’t lose your cool Cheetahfur,” spat Rainpaw her light blue eyes seemed to brighten with a burning hatred as if she could set him afire right that second.
“Ok where did you last see the Thunderclan cat,” he meowed looking at Hawkfur with an expectant glare. “Yes actually Fawnheart was over near that large hill when she said she saw a rabbit and she ran after it light a cat from Starclan,” Hawkfur meowed pride shining in his amber eyes.
“Then she took so long returning we thought we should go and look for her but she is nowhere in sight,” he added.
“I need to warn you of a dangerous dog pack,” Cheetahfur mewed. Rainpaw and Hawkfur looked at each other. “Are you alright, Cheetahfur, for there couldn’t be any dogs out so far away from the Twolegs,” Hawkfur purred.
“No I saw what I saw there was one of the dogs by itself hunting. It killed a rabbit then howled, all these other dogs came out of the bushes in minutes. Then the largest two dogs stared eating the rabbit. Nothing was left but the bones.”
Rainpaw looked expectantly at him. “Are you sure your alright she asked?
“What’s it going to take to make you believe me,” he hissed. Both cats eyes were wide with fear, their mouths drooped as they both were speechless. “Well?”
“Look out for the dogs,” Rainpaw mewed running away from the bushes. A large black dog came stumbling out, it’s teeth were the width of a cat’s tail. “What are you doing,” hissed Hawkfur who halted to see Cheetahfur stand where he was petrified.
“You have to move Cheetahfur,” yowled Rainpaw running toward the spotted tabby. “Rainpaw come back,” spat Hawkfur chasing after the apprentice.
“Rainpaw forget me I’ll be fine,” hissed Cheetahfur as the dog came closer. “Now go I know what I’m doing, if you don’t recall a certain raccoon if you know what I mean,” he hissed flicking his tail in the direction of the mountain.
“By the way I told you so,” laughed Cheetahfur dodging the dog’s mouth.
“We can’t just abandon you, I felt bad enough when we couldn’t find Fawnheart,” she mewed.
“Oh so all you care about is Fawnheart now,” teased Cheetahfur staring at her with an uncertain look on his face. “In case I die it would be better if you don’t watch,” he added glaring at both the cats.
“Wait, you said that when the other dog howled a lot of other dogs came, what would happen if that dog howled,” she growled.
“Cheetahfur I think she’s right for once if we die we should die together,” Hawkfur meowed looking at the black dog with a menacing glare in his eyes.
“So are you in or are you out,” spat Rainpaw, her eyes trembling. Cheetahfur looked at his friends then at the dog. What was he to do risk the lives of his friends.
“Well if you are so smart well then you rather die alone then fine but we are still going to help,” spat Rainpaw still glaring only at him. “The choice is yours.”
Hawkfur halted. The dog was watching their argument and Cheetahfur thought he saw amusement in it’s amber eyes.
He leaped onto a rock then pressed his hind legs against the rock when he jumped for more power. His claw unsheathed in the air.
As he clinged onto the dog with his claws that dug deep into it’s skin. Hawkfur watched as the dog whined in pain then rolled on to it’s back, and shook it’s fur. Scarlet drops fell everywhere.
“Cheetahfur lay on the ground. His shoulder wounded from the impact on the ground. “Now do you need help,” asked Hawkfur? “Just admit it, Cheetahfur,” mewed Rainpaw. “Even the strongest and bravest of warriors need help, and so do you.”
Cheetahfur stared at Rainpaw as if she had striked him with her claws. “We are going to help even if you don’t need it. “For if we run, we’re sitting ducks,” hissed Hawkfur leaping at the dog’s large side. He bite down deep and hard into it’s fur. “Ewwww, hairball,” he mewed with a mouth full of blood and fur.
Cheetahfur watched as Rainpaw and Hawkfur clawed and bit at the large dog’s fur blood rushed to his ears.
“Now I know why this dog is so stupid, it is about half the size the other dogs were, therefore it is only a pup,” he yowled.
His friends fell to the ground. “What do you mean it’s only a pup, look what it did too you,” spat Rainpaw angrily. “Yah, she kind of has a point,” added Hawkfur releasing his grip on the dog’s tail. “I saw a whole bunch of them earlier remember,” hissed Cheetahfur. “So tell us everything already,” spat Hawkfur eagerly. “Well I discovered a large cave in the back of the waterfall near the mountain,” mewed Cheetahfur. “Waterfall, I want to see it,” mewed Rainpaw who sat down beside Hawkfur. The black dog stared at them with a curious flick in it’s tail as it watched the cats.
“I was watching a dog pad up from behind a bush and then it pounced after some rabbits. Once it caught one, it let out a large and eerie howl. It waited for a reply then I heard more howls, then a whole pack on mutts came out of a bush and started eating the rabbit. Nothing was left except for the bone which was probably a second thought for the other dogs that didn’t eat.”
Hawkfur and Rainpaw nodded then he tried to get up. His shoulder ached with pain from the weight that the dog had pushed onto him.
“I will help you,” hissed Hawkfur pushing his muzzle on his flank to support him. “I can help too,” mewed Rainpaw padding to the other side of Cheetahfur.
Her side pressed against the injured side of his shoulder. “Will I even get out of here alive,” he hissed spitting out dirt from his mouth?
“Of course why else would Starclan pick us,” growled Rainpaw grabbing the scruff of his neck for support. “I still think that hurts,” spat Cheetahfur getting to his paws. “I thought I was going to die when I got this injury,” mewed Cheetahfur sniffing the ground for and track of other dogs.

Rainpaw got up her eyes too filled with emotion. Hawkfur followed Cheetahfur. “What is wrong with her,” he asked sighing as he saw the apprentice coming over to join them. “I’m not deaf I can hear you, and I’m fine,” she spat. “Thank you very much!”
Cheetahfur shrugged his shoulders. The small black dog ran at Hawkfur, it’s teeth almost had Hawkfur’s tail in it’s mouth if it wasn’t for the fact that his ears had much better hearing.
It growled at Hawkfur then let out an enormous howl. Many howls returned another howl, then the bushes surrounding the grassy field were moving inch by inch. The growling noise of the pup got louder and louder until he realized it couldn’t have possibly done it by it’s self.
With a rebating howl from the pup once more the earth shook around them.
Hawkfur looked up his eyes filled with terror and no sign of hope. “There has to be a way out of this attack,” spat Rainpaw padding toward a bush that wasn’t moving. “No, Rainpaw don’t go over there,” hissed Cheetahfur lashing over toward the apprentice. He stopped right in front of her. “What do you think your doing,” he spat?
“I was only trying to help us escape,” she growled. A bush beside them moved. A large pair of amber eyes made Cheetahfur flinch but the warm pressure of Rainpaw’s pelt pressing against his made him feel confident for some strange reason.
“What is going on here,” mewed a similar voice from the bush. “Ravenheart, Swiftclaw, Tigerpaw, Amberpaw is that you,” asked Hawkfur looking at the bush expectantly. The pale ginger tom with black stripes leaped onto Hawkfur, though not a sign of fear shined on the littler cat’s eyes. “What’s going on Rainpaw, why are you so close to Cheetahfur,” asked Ravenheart?
He realized that the white she-cat had came close to him for some reason, yet he still filled embarrassed.
Rainpaw flinched and jumped away from Cheetahfur her eyes wide with shock. “I guess I was so into the moment that I didn’t care that he was there,” she mewed.
Ravenheart shuddered her shoulders then went over toward the dark tabby tom Hawkfur.
“Well where is Fawnheart,” she asked looking behind him. “Don’t tell me you left her out there all alone,” growled Ravenheart unsheathing her claws.
“We couldn’t find her but I’m sure she’s alright unlike us,” he hissed back.