Fan Fiction ❯ Who am I ❯ the first conflict part 2 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own X men or Harry Potter because if I did I would be richer than the Queen of England

~

When Harry was told to stay behind he sat restlessly on the railing of the fire escape hoping that Maggie came back safely and that she found something about him. He taped his foot out of inpatient waiting for some news. But then the railing he was sitting on gave way under his weight and he slammed onto the floor cursing. The piece of railing had barely hung on and was swinging by an inch of metal; Harry was very board and decided to spend his time trying to remove the pipe to give him something to do. He twisted it repeatedly and bent it backwards and forwards until it came off and landed on the platform with a clatter. He then began to pace back and forth again trying to think of something to do with his time.

Then a good amount of shouting came from the building, then a slamming noise then silence. Harry hurried to the window but the darkness reveled nothing. He picked up the pipe that was still on the landing and returned to the window waiting for trouble. Then a agonized scream burst through the window, the person was in extreme pain, then the screaming stopped and the sound of a body hitting the floor floated up the stairs. Then footsteps echoed up the stairs and Maggie turned the corner of the hallway and ran full tilt to the window, a man was following behind her, Maggie leapt through the window gasping out of breath, "we've got company", the man was about to come through the window after her so Harry acted on instinct and hit the man smack in the forehead with the pipe he was holding. He looked at Harry and his eyes widened before his eyes rolled back and he flopped back and lay still.

Maggie was breathing heavily and patted Harry on the shoulder saying through gasps of breath "that was a nice hit, hell be out for hours, come on we got' a go, get away from here". She turned and leapt over the fire escape and landed on the ground below while Harry zigzagged down to the bottom. Once Harry reached the bottom he noticed in the light of the streetlamp that Maggie was covered in blood, her already dirty shirt and pants were coated in a rusty red color and her face was smeared in blood. She noticed Harry staring and asked "what, do I have something on my teeth?" she picked at her teeth and it reveled that they were also slightly coated in blood.

"Why are you covered in blood?" Harry asked

"Huh?" asked Maggie distantly "oh, the blood", she plucked at her blood soaked shirt "yea I ran into some trouble in the building, three bakas"

"What's a ba-kaa?" inquired Harry

" Baka it means idiot or stupid in Japanese" Maggie said distractedly as she began walking quickly back down the alley "but that's besides the point, the hit me with some kind of gun, I got all disoriented but manage to sneak away and I decided to repay my headache by biting on of them. I must of hit his jugular or something because both the guy and me got covered in blood, I doubt that guy will last 30 minuets he lost so much blood, but we have to leave now."

Harry followed her back down the alley at a quickened pace, Maggie was peering left and right and sniffing the air whenever they passed a gap in the building. Harry was painting to keep up with her pace and she often told him off for slowing her down. Finally he asked, "What's the hurry, you didn't go this fast on the way their?"

"What are you stupid or something" she practically yelled "they were probably the same guys that got your memory, so they wouldn't mind another mutant to experiment on, they will be after both our hides now so we got' a hightail it out of town before they regroup and come after us. So the sooner were gone the better".

They got back to the hole under the trashcan, Maggie kicked it aside and jumped down and began to gather all the stuff but the kerosene heater and shoved it in the dusty backpack. Maggie leapt out of the hole and dragged Harry to an alley that lead to the street and peered around. Finally Harry whispered the question he was burning to ask, "Where are we going?"

Maggie didn't even look at him, but continued to look for possible watchers as they crossed the street, but she whispered back "were going to Walmart to pickup some cloths, mine are all bloody and yours are just weird, then we head south and out of the city"

"But I thought we were heading north" Harry protested.

"We were going to go north but south is quicker out of the city to the woods and we need to disappear as soon as possible. Now come on" she then dragged Harry across the street and they were swallowed by darkness.

~

Lupin was laying his back with a considerable headache; he opened his eyes but didn't see anything but blurry shapes and colors. He blinked several times but it did nothing to clear his vision, "oh good your awake" said a strict voice "here drink this", and a cup was pushed into his hands. He obediently drank and felt the headache disappear, his vision improved and saw he was in the room they had used as temporary headquarters to find Harry. He was sitting on a bed and was surrounded by a worried looking Arthur, and Dumbledore.

Then Madam Pomfrey bustled over with a bottle of some potion and snapped "finish that potion now or your brain might suffer major damage". She then poured the contents of the bottle onto a bandage while Lupin obediently finished off the drink. Then Madam Pomfrey came over and placed the bandage on his forehead and it sizzled and stung "now don't you remove it till I come back" and she bustled away muttering about recklessness.

Then Dumbledore spoke "if you are feeling well enough, I hope you can explain what happened to you, Arthur has explained your attack but I wish to learn what happened to you after you separated?" Lupin took a deep breath and said, "if I didn't see it myself I would have thought it was impossible, I chased the `whatever--".

But Dumbledore cut him off saying "that creature you encountered was a mutant, they are widespread throughout this country and are often shunted and prosecuted so it probably thought you were trying to capture it, but continue on."

Lupin nodded and continued "well I chased the mutant up to the top floor and it leapt out a window, I made to follow it but I was hit over the head with a metal pipe or something, but I did manage to catch a glimpse of who hit me, and this is the part I have a problem believing, I saw Harry holding the other end of the pipe!"

There was a pronounced silence before Arthur stuttered "Are you serious Remus, are you positive it was Harry who hit you?"

Lupin nodded and continued, "I am positive, it was him, but the way he looked at me, it's as if he didn't even recognize me-"

"That doesn't surprise me," said a smooth voice behind a door, then Snape stepped out from behind it completely cured of the bite he received "I have just analyzed the potion sample we collected and found it has the power to erase ones memory, so Potter must have been fed the potion but escaped, he couldn't have recognized you."

"Couldn't we just catch him and try -" Arthur started.

"Another property of the potion" said Snape cutting Arthur off " is it prevents a certain group of people from allowing the victim to form new memories, even if we did catch him anything told to him would be forgotten in mere seconds."

"So what would you say our options are Severus" said Dumbledore calmly.

"Right now I would say we keep an eye on Potter to make sure the Dark Lord doesn't recapture him" answered Snape smoothly.

"Well we should tell everyone the new plan of action before one of them catches Harry and causes more harm than good" said Dumbledore "is their anyone searching for Harry right now?"

"Hagrid left with Ron and Hermione a little before we got back" said Arthur suddenly "he must be found and informed before they find Harry, who knows what will happen!" so Tonks, Arthur, and Snape set out to find Hagrid before the worst happened.

~

~

So what do you think Huh Huh HUH REVEW!!!!