Fan Fiction ❯ Whoever Said Enemies Are Enemies After-Hours? ❯ Not As It Seems Part II ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warning: Swearing.
 
Jodine16: Another shorty :). Huh, seems kin of review-shy around here. Oh well, I don't black mail people for reviews, so I post when the chapter's done. Enjoy!
 
_ . + * * + . _ . + * * + . _ . + * * + . _
 
Chapter Two-Not What It Seems Part II
 
Brad sighed as he and Cody headed upstairs to their lockers. He hated fighting with James, but they both knew that they had to keep up with appearances, for James' parents would kill him (or just plainly disown him) for dirtying himself with Brad and Brad's parents would have a field day and insist he gain an heir from the blond.
 
Sound confusing? Well, Brad and James weren't exactly human. In fact, they're Demons. Brad was a Devil Demon and James was a Lighter (a Demon who was often mistaken for an angel of God). The blood of a Lighter would make any Demon stronger with each pint they drink. It's a lot to take, however Demons were never nice to begin with. Well, except for the odd Demon like Brad.
 
"What the fuck happened back there with you and Preston?" Cody asked, shaking his sandy blond hair out of his eyes.
 
Brad shrugged, quickly thinking something up. "I haven't had my morning coffee, so I'm still feeling groggy."
 
Cody grinned as they reached their lockers. "Yeah, okay, let's fucking go to the cafeteria and fucking get some, man. They make the best fucking coffee in the world, man."
 
Brad rolled his eyes as they got their binders and headed downstairs. "Have I ever mentioned that you have a severe swearing problem?"
 
"Yeah, a couple fucking times."
 
"Well, stop it; it's annoying."
 
"Wow, who the hell pissed your corn flakes, this morning?"
 
"No one, all I'm asking is that you let up on the swearing a little."
 
"Whatever."
 
_ . + * * + . _ . + * * + . _ . + * * + . _
 
Gym class. Brad's favorite course of the day besides wielding. It wasn't because he was a pro-athlete or that gym was just before lunch, no it was because he and James were in the same gym class. He loved it because he could Tease James silly and the blond wouldn't be able to do anything about it, unless they're alone, but James usually forgot or let it slip.
 
"Hey, Johanas, think fast, if you can!" Brad let out a small grunt when a basketball connected with his chest hard.
 
His eyes caught James' and he smirked. "You're pathetic, Preston, only pussy-boys throw like that." Brad threw the ball back at James, while adding a little of his Demon strength to make the ball hit James harder.
 
James let out a gasp of air when the ball hit him square in the stomach. "Fuck you, Johanas!" He snapped, rubbing his stomach.
 
"I would, if I was like that," Brad drawled as his friends laughed. "Then again, I bet you'd like that."
 
"Yeah, whatever," James muttered, turning his attention elsewhere.
 
Brad smirked to himself as his friends started talking about the weekend party that got trashed by the cops. 'Of course, he'd want me to fuck him, he loves it.'
 
"Alright boys, three laps around the gym then 20 sit-ups!" The teacher barked.
 
_ . + * * + . _ . + * * + . _ . + * * + . _
 
Brad slumped in his seat, sighing as he looked out the window of his Spanish classroom. It was the last period of the day and he was tired. Not I'm-sleepy-I-need-my-bed, but it was more like I'm-feeling-too-lazy-and-I-don't-feel-like-doing-anything-at-the-moment kind of tired. Brad's mood lightened considerable when he saw his lover. James always had a spare last period of Day 2, so instead of going home, he'd sit under an old oak tree that was within the sighting view of the window Brad sat by, and wait for school to end before heading back in and changing his clothing before heading into the Gymnasium to practice basketball.
 
Brad smiled, watching him read, while he rested his head on his hand. The brunet closed his eyes as the teacher started talking about the day's lessons. He turned his thoughts back to the early days of their relationship and how dark they first were....
 
_ . + * * + . _ . + * * + . _ . + * * + . _
 
Jodine16: Another chapter to help explain things. I've decided to make them inhuman for later details in the story. I hope you all enjoy! Later days!