Fan Fiction ❯ Wings Of Silk: A Lenus Tale ❯ Soul Prying ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: Soul Prying

It's been a couple of months since the defeat of Melbu Frahma. Meru paces across the marble floor of her kitchen. She ponders something, something unseen to any other eye. "Lenus……" She says to herself. Yes, she has Lenus on her mind. But why? Why would she care so much about the woman? True, Lenus was the last one to hold the Blue Sea Dragoon spirit before Meru, but what is it that Meru feels about her? These are all questions that are on Shana's mind. Shana has been eavesdropping on Meru, standing right outside of the open window of the kitchen. " Maybe I should use the front door like all normal people" Shana says to herself mockingly.

Meru is still thinking when there is a firm knock at her door. It takes her awhile to process the sound, but in a few seconds, she is dashing off to the door. Meru travels down her long hallway as quiet as possible, so as not to wake her fiancé, Guaraha. Meru has made her home here in the small town of Seles. She finds it great to have friends right next door. As Meru opens the door, Shana peeks around it to get a good look at Meru. " Good morning Meru." Meru puts on her perfect act of non-worries and gives Shana a strong hug. " Morning to you too Shana." Shana gave Meru a lingering glare. " Meru, what's wrong? You seem troubled lately. Tell me." Shana said lovingly.

Meru looks to Shana like an older sister. Shana always knew the right thing to say at all the right times. Meru wasn't sure what to say. " I'm fine Shana. It's just that….well….I actually don't know." Meru said before looking down to her feet. Shana felt pity for her and knew that something had to be done. " Come with me Meru. We shall take a walk." Meru looked up and smiled, but still remained hesistant. She knew that it was still early and Guaraha was still in bed. " Oh what the heck." She said to Shana. Shana smiled and said " Go get your weapon and your Dragoon spirit. You might need it." Meru gave Shana an awkward look before asking her " Well where are we going?" Shana replied " I just wanted to walk to the prairie. The thing is that we have to go through the forest and it hasn't been to safe lately." Meru smiled and said " Shana, when did you become so adventurous?" Shana looked to the sky and said " Ever since this Moon Child business, a girl's got to know how to live, you know?" " Right." Meru said. " I'll leave a note for Guaraha and then I'll get my things."

After a few minutes, Meru came outside just as Shana was strapping on her shoulder armor and checking her quiver for enough arrows. Shana looked at Meru after making sure her bow string was good. " Let's go." She said as secured her bow over her back. The both of them walked to the gate of Seles while waving good-bye to Shana's husband, Dart. " Surprised he's not coming." Meru said. " Oh no, I had to pretty much starve him until he agreed to stay." Shana replied, attracting a giggle from her friend. Off they went, slowly fading into the forest.