Fan Fiction ❯ Wings Of Silk: A Lenus Tale ❯ Leaving On A Bad Note ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Leaving On A Bad Note

There is dew on the grass of the forest. The air is wet and yet so refreshing. A slightly warm breeze flows through the tree tops, sending water trickling down onto both Meru and Shana. Shana looks over to Meru, who has been a little quiet. " Meru, you do know that you can tell me anything right?" Meru looks over to Shana and swings her mallet over her shoulder. " Alright Shana. I've just been thinking about Lenus. She was…a good friend of mine…"

Shana's eyes widened with shock and disbelief. " Meru, why didn't you tell us anything?" Meru shrugged and continued on. " As you know, winglies have a long life span compared to humans. Lenus and I were around for a little more than one thousand years." Shana found herself taken aback, shocked at how old Meru actually was. Shana nodded and asked her to continue. " I first met her after I had left my home, in the Wingly Forest……" As she is talking, she begins to relive the events of her childhood. Meru is arguing with her parents.

" Mom, Dad, there's a whole other world out there! How do we know that humans still hate our kind? Why don't we give them a chance?!" Meru's father is obviously outraged, for he begins to glow with energy. Meru's mother steps in and holds her father back. " Meru, stop this nonsense! You should know better than to question the laws of our elders!" Meru's mother yells out. " Mother, you know that our ways are outdated! How can you continue to believe in something that took place thousands of years ago?!" Meru screams. Meru's father cannot stand it anymore and lashes out with a blast of power. It wasn't enough to hurt her, just enough to have her stunned. Meru flies back and slams violently into the kitchen counter behind her. Meru's mother runs to her aid and cradles her inside of her loving embrace.

Meru stands up, looking emotionally hurt; but more determined than ever to leave. " I'm sorry, but I'm leaving. I'll come back and tell you all about my adventures." As Meru walked to the front door, her father told her " Meru, if you leave, there will be no home for you to return to." Meru turned around and closed her eyes, almost in disbelief of what was to be said. " Good bye father." She hugged her mother on the way out and made way for the gate. Many of the other winglies knew of her plan and hated her for it. As she walked to the gate, her former friends kicked clumps of dirt at her and called her a human. Once she reached the gate, she put her palms up facing the invisible barrier. Her hands started to glow an eerie green color when suddenly, her best friend Guaraha flew over to stop her.

" Meru, please don't go. I want you to stay here…with me." He said as Meru put her hands down and turned to face him. " Guaraha, I have to go and explore. This is something that I must do for myself. I promise that I will be back soon." Guaraha frowned at her, but eventually approved. " When you do return, I would like you to stand by my side…..forever…." He said. Meru's eyes widened and tears began to swell up in her eyes. She held her hand out to him and said " I will await this day. I love you and nothing will ever come between us. Not even death." With that said, she turned back to the barrier and placed her hands in front of it. Her palms once again glowed green and soon, she was sucked inside of the barrier, never to be seen for years. Guaraha looked down to the floor, his silver hair falling in front of his eyes, trying to shield him. Meru, please come back to me soon….."

Author Note: Okay so Meru is just leaving her hometownL With no place to go and without anyone, who will she turn to? Lenus of course! Tell me what you think of the story so far.