Fan Fiction ❯ Wings Of Silk: A Lenus Tale ❯ A Rude Disruption ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Update!: I'm very sorry for the wait! Lenus is finally entering her own story in this chapter you guys!!!!!! Lol. Tell me what you guys think of this story please! Oh by the way, I'm currently learning how to write longer chapters( thank you TiffanyJ) Ok, enough ranting. EnjoyJ

Chapter 3: A Rude Disruption

Shana was surprised to hear what Meru was telling her. " So that's how you ended up leaving your home?" Meru looked down to her feet and uneasily said " Yeah, that's how it happened." " Please continue Meru." Shana said. Meru began to speak again when all of a sudden, Shana was pulled violently away from her. Meru spun around to see a butterfly-like creature flying away with Shana. " Shana!" She ran after the creature and swung her mallet repeatedly, hitting only it's left wing. The creature turned around and opened it's mouth. A yellow mist began to form and light spilled forth from it's throat as Meru watched. By the time she realized what was going to occur, she only enough time to turn and attempt a jump. It proved unsuccessful, for the energy slammed hard into her side. Meru fell to the floor holding herself. Shana kicked and screamed at the monster.

" Argh! This would be so much easier if I was still a dragoon!" She said.

Shana looked to Meru and saw that she could not currently help. Feeling for her quiver, she pulled an arrow out and smiled at the curious monster. Then, she jabbed it into the monster's wing and tore through. With it's wing disabled, the creature began to swerve back and forth. Shana sifted her weight against it, forcing it to slam into a tree nearby. Shana jumped off of the monster's shoulder and grabbed onto a branch. After a smooth flip-spin over the branch, (which she learned from Rose) she launched herself onto the next highest branch. Meru stood up and flared in her ice cold anger. The creature started to stagger it's way to her. Meru started to glow a blue color. Wings sprouted from her back and armor began to form around her slender body. Her mallet grew larger and heavier, charging with energy.

She flew up to the butterfly monster and made direct eye contact. With one swift movement of her hands, the powerful mallet smashed into the monster, causing it to battle no more. Once it was on the floor, Meru looked at it with disgust invading her pupils. She looked over to the left of her and gazed at the opening to the sea. The waves seemed to comfort her, telling her that things would be alright. Looking back to the monster, she pointed her palm to it and water began to shoot forth. "Rest in peace" she uttered as the water enveloped the creature and pushed it out to sea. Meru looked on at the sea with great admiration. " This is just how it happened with Lenus……" She closes her eyes and begins to recall what happened after she had left the Wingly Forest. Meru walks through the barrier with her mallet ready to attack, just in case. After all, it was her first visit to this strange new world.

Strange shouts came from the trees beyond. She held her mallet firmly, ready. Roughly two minutes later, three human children ran up to her. One was female and the other two were male. " Hello, human creatures. Um…." She suddenly started to speak loudly to them. " DO…..YOU…..UN….DER…STAND….ME?" I wonder if they understand me? She thought to herself. The girl walked up to her and tugged at her bow ( which was holding all of her clothes together). " Hey stop that!" The girl suddenly stepped on her foot. " OOOUUUUWWWWW!!!!!!! WHY YOU LITTLE-!" The three kids ran away yelling for their " Mommy and Daddy". " YOU MINITURIZIZED DEMON SPAWN!!!" These humans really have some nerve! Wh-what's that?! More humans came. Meru was totally surrounded. Not knowing what to do, Meru sprouted her wings and began to hover. " Humans, I mean no harm whatsoever. I just came to explore."

To Meru's surprise, a strange creature that walked on four legs arrived behind the humans. Then one, two, five, eight more. What ARE those things? Is that one of those... dog creatures? My father told me how devious they can be. The dogs jumped at her before she could attempt a getaway and before she knew it, she was face down on the floor being attacked. Both the humans and the dogs attacked her. All that Meru could see were quick flashes of feet, teeth, paws, claws, fists, weapons, and evil faces. I should have listened to my parents. Now I'm going to die without any chance to fight. And poor Guaraha…he'll never know this. Guaraha…I'm so sorry. I love you…She began to burst into tears; not from the pain, but from her emotional torment. Everything, everything down the drain. Guaraha. Her relationship with her family. Her life. This is it. This is how I leave this place.

Suddenly, a giant fireball crashed into the center of the violence. Humans and dogs flew all over while Meru was finally seen in the fetal position. Meru wiped the blood away from her mouth and looked for the source of the energy. It wasn't just a stray lightning bolt or something. It was Wingly energy. A woman flew down to her. To Meru, she looked like an angel. With shoulder length silver hair, and a red bandana around the top of her head, she smiled graciously down to her and said " My name's Lenus. Don't worry, I'll get you out of here. Everything's going to be okay, you hear me?" Meru faded in and out of consciousness inside of Lenus' arms. "….be..hind.. you.." Meru whispered. Lenus looked over her shoulder and saw the humans attempting to attack again. Four males charged at them, along with two of the dogs. Lenus laid Meru down gently in the grass before launching herself into action.

Lenus jumped into the air and kicked one of the men in the face. Then, she spun halfway around and back-fisted the next man in the face. Meru watched on as the next two men jumped on her and slammed her to the ground. The men were immediately tossed almost eight feet away from her. Both of them landed and were smoking with blue energy. Lenus looked on as one of the two dogs ran towards Meru. She just looked at it and flared angrily. With a graceful swing of her right arm, she launced another blue fireball at it. The dog was thrown to the background of the fight as Lenus turned to the other dogs and humans. " You want more? Oh you haven't seen ANYTHING yet…." With that, she reached behind her back and pulled forward two handheld weapons. To Meru, they looked like two weird shaped disks with sharp ends. She smiled deviously as wings sprouted from her back. " You wanted to play?! Let's play!"

To frightened to continue, the human forces retreated after some harsh words. Meru looked up as Lenus clipped her weapons back to her back. " It's not safe here. I'll heal you someplace else." She said to Meru. Lenus picked her up, sprouted her mystical wings again, and flew high up into the sky. They landed on a nearby cliff. Lenus placed Meru down on the floor and shook her head in pure disgust. " Those humans are really scum of the Earth. They'll get theirs one day, don't you worry." Meru tried to move, but felt an immense pain in her ribcage. " Those fools got you bad. Okay, don't move." Meru looked at Lenus who was pointing her palms at her and flowing with pure energy. Lenus encased her inside of a bright blue light. It caressed Meru gently, healing her broken bones, mending her cuts, and covering over her bruises. Lenus closed her eyes and exhaled loudly. It sounded to Meru as if her exhale echoed. Meru soon felt fine and good as new once more. Lenus opened her eyes and the light and power died down. Before she knew it, Meru was being put gently down to the Earth. Lenus put her hands on her hips and smiled at Meru. " Wow. I'm not THAT powerful where I can heal others yet. You are obviously older than me. " Meru said. " Don't worry. We're all gifted in different ways." Lenus said. " Thank you very much for saving me. Without you, I would've been killed." Meru said. Lenus smiled back to her and said " No problem. Anything for a fellow Wingly. By the way, what is your name?" Meru stood up and said " Oh, I'm sorry. It's Meru." " Well, it's nice to meet you. Nice to meet you…nice to meet you…nice to meet you…" Lenus voice echoed in Meru's head.

Meru snapped back into the moment when she suddenly heard the sound of cracking wood. Then she heard a scream that went something like " Meru!!!!!!!!!!" It was Shana. The branch snapped and she was on a one way course to the ground. Meru quickly jumped into the air and flew towards Shana. Once she caught her, Shana wiped away a tear. " Sorry about that Shana, I must've zoned out." Shana looked at Meru and said " For a second there, I thought that you had died standing up. Thanks." Meru detransformed and flashes of blue light threw Shana for a loop. Shana wandered about, searching for something solid. " Oh Sorry Shana. I forgot about that." Meru apologized.

After two minutes of blinking, Shana regained her eye sight. " Whoa. Now that that's over, tell me more about Lenus." Meru staggered and said " Well actually, my little zoning out episode has a lot of explaining tied to it."

Author's Note: Well okay, there was some butt kicking in this chapter. The relationship between Meru and Lenus is starting to unfold rather nicely, no? Please leave a review and help me revise/improve my writing! Thank youJ