Fan Fiction ❯ Within Soul ❯ New Friends ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Within Soul
By Animechicka1992
 
A/N: One of my bestest friends has suggested after she found out on chapter2, that I immediately write chapter 3, so here you go. I would have you spam her and thank her, but she doesn't have an account on here lol.
 
Chapter 3 - New Friends
 
All around were people. Several were just walking around with some coffee in their hands, or a cookie to start the morning. There were a few people on the long couch too. The couch was really long to put it simple. It stretched around into one big `horseshoe' like shape, where a fireplace was viewed against the all, and a large panel television above the fireplace. A few of the people on the couch looked over, and waved.
 
“Hey Kinaru! Come on over!” One boy said. He seemed to look… my age. I didn't have that much time to think as Kinaru pulled me over to him. Apparently the couches were hi-tech these days because Kinaru pulled part of the couch towards her, creating a pathway for us to walk through. I guess it's better than walking all the way around each time, or getting in trouble for jumping over.
 
“Hey man!!” Kinaru said. She seemed dorky, but I guess she knows a few things about talking cool. She shut the couch. Goodness that sounded weird.
 
“So… who's your friend?” The guy asked. He seemed pretty cute. He looked tall because his legs seemed long as he was sitting, and his brown eyes went along with his short black hair.
 
Kinaru looked a bit dumbstruck as she looked from the guy, to me, then to the guy again smiling. She gestured towards me.
 
“This is Miss Kurosawa and she-.“ Kinaru said. Quickly, everyone in the room became silent as they all faced Miku and took off any sunglasses, or headwear.
 
“Kurosawa!” The boy said. He was one of the first to shoot up standing and bow. I just watched, a little surprised and gave a simple finger wiggle as a greeting.
 
“Eh… hi.” I said. I looked around as I seen them still bent over bowing. “Um…. You don't need to keep bowing…” With that, they all stood. The guy, whom I was getting irritated at since I didn't know yet came up to me and smiled.
 
“I am Kazune Hironaka: one of the majors here at NPO. Well, I was wonder-.” Kazune said. I smiled at him as he said it, to make him feel a little more comfortable. As he tried to continue the last sentence, a woman came over. She came over all casually and rested her arm on my shoulder. Her long red-like hair was pulled back into a high up pony tail. A nice blouse and jeans was on her, along with a good old fashion pair of sneakers.
 
“Well wouldn't you know? Kurosawa's own little girl in the flesh! He used to brag about you ever since you were born you know.” She said. She removed her arm.
 
“Well, I'm Captain Mimori Hinasaki. I was one of the survivors in the battle back then, when I was just a Trainee. How many years has it been?” She asked herself, and then she called over to a petite looking woman. “Say Amakura, How many years since the Kurosawa battle?” The woman turned around.
 
Her brown hair was pulled back into two loose ponytails, and she wore a long sleeved red shirt, with a pair of black pants and pointed toe boots. She smiled.
 
“I'd have to say fifteen…” The woman said. She held out a hand to me. “My name is Kira Amakura. I was a trainee back then too, but now I'm just a Major.”
 
“That doesn't mean anything. Everyone's important in a company.” I said, trying to get her prouder of her position. She perked up a bit, then gave a slight bow as she ran off and out of the room.
 
That's when another guy came over. He scowled at me. His short brown hair had spike in it as it somewhat went around on his head jagged. His eyes where brown, and he was in a casual outfit: jeans and a baggy t-shirt with a band on it. It was a classic. He walked on by. Kazune glared over.
 
“Don't mind him Kurosawa. He's not really one of the friendlier employees.” Kazune said. I shrugged lightly and Kazune turned to me. He cleared his throat
 
“Now as I was saying I was wondering if-.” He started. A tall man with long black hair pulled back, small lenses on his glasses, and wearing black pants underneath a long and large white lab coat.
 
“I heard the news!!! Miss Kurosawa!!” The man said, and ran over to me. He nodded to me, hugged me and then grabbed my hand. “We must leave. I'm here to take over from Kinaru's spot and set you up with everything you need. I'm Doctor Tarou Kagagami. Now please, we must leave.”
 
“Eh forget it.” Kazune said, and then walked off. I sighed and nodded to Mr. Kagagami. He then dragged me off out of the room and down a hall.
 
To Be Continued…