Fan Fiction ❯ Within Soul ❯ The Meeting and Free Lunch ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Within Soul
By Animechicka1992
 
A/N: This should be getting to you. REVIEW!! REVIEW!! REVIEW!!! REVIEW!!! REVIEW!!!!!!
Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!! STAY AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE PIE MAN!!!! `TIS MINE!!!
 
Chapter 5 - The Meeting and Free Lunch
 
“You'll have to go in alone. The colonel asked specifically for you.” Doctor Kagagami said. He never removed his eyesight from in front of him.
 
“Alright. I haven't seen him in a while. He's been off here I guess. I guess it's been a few months.” I said, smiling cheerfully that I was going to see my uncle again.
 
“Mmhmm. You know him then?” Doctor Kagagami asked. I smiled and nodded.
 
“He's the one that raised me. I have never really seen him all military serious before.” I said. I was a bit curious to see how he was when uncle was on the job.
 
“Really? I would've never guessed. You two are complete separates, and I bet that if you tell anyone, that they will never guess that you two were actually under the same roof until now.” Doctor Kagagami said. I laughed a bit to it as we reached the outside of a door that said `Colonel Kurosawa'.
 
“I guess this is my stop. See you later Mister Kagagami!” I said cheerfully and then went inside. It was quite plain inside. It had the plain brown carpet, white walls, random frames and pictures around, a few filing cabinets and such here and there, and then a wide desk in the far side of the room. There at the desk, in a large black leather spinning chair, was Uncle. He was busy at work there, going back and forth, reading then writing.
 
“Um… Uncle?” I called. He lifted his head and smiled. “Uncle! I've missed you so much!”
 
I ran over to him and hugged him. He smiled as he hugged me back, and then he grabbed my shoulders and stood me off. He stood in front of me and faced me.
 
“When we're here like this we're co-workers with different ranks, okay Miku? I don't want you being emotional like this all the time. That means you call me Colonel.” Uncle said. I nodded in understanding. He nodded. He moved away and started pacing around the room.
 
“I've come to decide that it's time I bring you here to join the NPO. Not just because it's pretty much the family business, but because you are needed within here with what's happening.” Uncle said.
 
“What's happening?” I asked. I took a seat in his chair.
 
“The world has come across a newly advanced enemy: the same one that killed your parents. They were created by an Artificial Intelligence group called the Jintekimisu.”
 
“Human error?” I asked, confused. “Aren't they an artificial intelligence? Why would they say that they're a human error?”
 
“They think that since they have pain and suffering on this planet, it is humanity's fault not theirs.” Uncle said. “Your mother wasn't artificial intelligence, but part of a nonhuman race of celestial events.”
 
“Events?” I asked.
 
“Years ago, a bit over thirty, there began many strange occurrences all dealing with lights beaming down from the sky in places you wouldn't expect people to be. Well turns out that one or two young children were recovered from each scene, scars on their backs from where angels wings were determined to have been…
 
“These children were taken in and raised by priests and priestesses that live far off in the country side. All of the children grew up, and began having strange unnatural powers. Most of them except for two died, your mother, and then another, a man that confines himself inside a house in Southern Tokyo, waiting out his life since he was one of the first to be found. Your father met your mother, she then joined NPO with your father, and she had you. That only meant one thing that would inflict everyone desperately…
 
“We all had determined your mother to have odd celestial powers, which meant that you did. Your aunt agreed to watch over you that day. So still to this day, only two celestial beings remain, the one man in Southern Tokyo, and you Miku.” Uncle said.
 
“I'm a… a… celestial being?” I asked. I instantly stood up. I looked at my hands, and then at Uncle. “But… but how?”
 
“Your mother's powers were hereditary, and doubled into you. You look almost completely like her, only she had facial marks on her to show she was a purebred, and her hair was different.” Uncle said. I walked over to him. “Though just know this. Your powers will start to awaken soon. When weird things start happening, come straight to me and tell me what happened. We can use that to an advantage.”
 
“But I don't want to go out and fight!! I don't care about dying with honor! I have a life ahead of me! You even said that! Everyone will say that! I don't want to fight. I don't want to do this and repeat everything that happened again!” I said.
 
My eyes glazed and flashes of my parents went through my mind. They were together, and next to each other, happy and carefree as they took a picture of themselves in a forest. I zoned back to real life and burst into tears. I fell to my knees and covered my face with my hands. Uncle knelt down to me and I leaned my head against him and I stayed there.
 
“What happened? What did you see?” He asked me softly.
 
“Nothing. It was nothing.” I said. I wiped my eyes and stood up. “I'll eh… let you know about the whole powers thing.” I whispered, and with that I walked off out of the room, holding my arms in front of me.
 
I walked down the hallway, and then into the main lobby. I looked at everyone weakly. They really paid no mind that I was there, except Kazune. He looked over from where he was standing with others, smiled and then waved cheerfully. I gave a weak and forced smile to him and then started off to the side door that way I can get up to my apartment. He must've noticed because he looked a little down after seeing my expression until I guess curiosity got to him and he started walking over.
 
I ignored him as I walked off to the elevator and shut it just as he got into view. I went and grabbed my keys for my apartment out of my pocket as I exited the elevator. I looked at my key. It said `126A'. I sighed as I analyzed the apartment numbers around me. I found 123, and then I looked at the two doors that came next and went over to mine.
 
I didn't want to risk my life to fight some psychos that think humanity caused a few bruises and are bent on world destruction or whatever. I want to live a normal life. Fall asleep during classes, study the day of a test, hurry through my homework five minutes before the class. All of that normal stuff that a normal teenager goes through.
 
I inserted my key into the keyhole. I heard noises coming down the hallway. Pat pat pat pat pat pat pat… It was most likely Kazune. I don't know why he's running over. He could've just walked, but then again I guess running would get him here faster and in time before I slammed the door to my new apartment and drowned in misery.
 
“Miss Kurosawa! Wait I want to talk to you!” He called as I pushed my door open. I looked over at him and shrugged as I left the door alone. He stopped running and walked over, catching his breath a bit.
 
“What's wrong? You seemed a bit upset back there.” He asked. I looked to the side and shrugged. “I doubt that it's nothing Miss Kurosawa. Just tell me.”
 
“Talk to the Colonel. He gave me the information, so I'm sure that he'll give you it as well. If he doesn't, then I guess that you're out of luck until some strange things start happening around me, and I'm not talking about changing from a girl to a woman either.” I said. “Now if you don't mind, I want to rest. I'm a bit hungry.”
 
“Well, work doesn't really start right away today, if you want, I'll fix you something. It won't be a problem for me I'll be honored to for you.” Kazune shrugged.
 
“You're the one that offered. Just remember that when you feel like complaining.” I said, and opened the door.
 
I walked in and left the door open for him… He can help himself for coming in I honestly don't care. Long as he isn't one of those perverts that breaks into innocent girls' apartments and rummages through their things until they finally steal private and personal articles of clothing which I shall have remain nameless at the moment.
 
I walked inside to see a nice apartment. I started running around checking out each room starting with the living room: complete with a widescreen television, state of the art technology in the kitchen with some of the newest little gadgets, on the opposing side far over where it's a bit hidden by a counter for the kitchen, a door to a bedroom, complete with a Queen sized bed with dark blue sheets, black carpet, and blending walls from purple to blue. A large window with window seat, and then a little balcony with a table and chairs already set up. It was as if I was in a new world. Everything was already there that I needed, maybe food too, but I would have to check that out later.
 
He walked in after me and shut the door behind me. His face was in unison with mine as we starred around in awe.
 
“This is better than what everyone else has. Are you sure you got a regular apartment?” He asked. I shrugged.

”I don't know. This is my first day here and this is the first time inside my apartment, so your guess is as good as mine.” I replied. “I'll be in my bedroom setting up my clothes, help yourself to the kitchen.”
 
He nodded and walked off as I entered the bedroom. As I was told, my things were in there on the bed already, so I started putting my clothes into the now newly found walk in closet. If I wasn't supposed to fight, I would be happy right now.
 
~~*~~
 
After about ten minutes, I was completed with my room and everything was stored away. I awoke since I fell asleep after I finished and decided to go and see how Kazune was doing. I walked out of the room and looked around. It was silent but the smell of soup was in the air.
 
“Kazune? You still here?” I called. I walked into the kitchen to find a table set with a bowl of turkey and vegetable soup with a cover on it so it stayed warm. I smiled at it. He didn't really need to go to that much trouble as to setting the table and everything. I looked at the door. His shoes were there. “Where could he be?”
 
I looked around the apartment. All of the rooms weren't in use except for the one I was in and the one where there's a… breathing lump?
 
I peeked over the couch to see Kazune having a little nap. Then I remembered something. He had an appointment for work.
 
“Ooh crap, what if he's late?! It'll be my fault!” I muttered to myself as I jumped over the couch and sat on the side. I shook his arm a bit until his eyes opened. He smiled.
 
“Hi Miss Kurosawa. Finally awake?” He asked as he stretched and sat up.
 
“Yeah, but don't you have to be leaving Major Hironaka? I woke up and remembered you said you had to leave sometime.” I asked. His eyes widened and he shot up out and looked around for a clock. I pointed to the clock above the door and he yelped as he ran around the apartment looking.
 
“Where's my shoes?!?! Man where'd I put them?!” He asked himself frantically.
 
“By the door. Your coat is over there too.” I said. He nodded and ran over and slipped on his shoes.
 
“If you didn't have a chance to have the soup, then have it after and let me know what you think next time we meet. I'm in apartment 135B down at the other end of the hall if you need me otherwise I'll be somewhere in this crazy place. Oh, you can call me Kazune instead of Major Hironaka if you'd like no if you don't mind I'll be off!” He said, fighting to put on his coat to his uniform and waddled out the door. I followed after him to the doorway.
 
“Okay then! I'll let you know Kazune. You can call me-.” I started, but the elevator doors had closed before I got to tell him how to call me. He called me `Miss Kurosawa' way too much for my liking. I don't really want to be known as the late Colonel Kurosawa's and his wife's daughter, or the present Colonel's niece.
 
I shut the door and put the slide lock on it. It reminded me of a public restroom stall. I sighed and walked into the kitchen I put away the needless things and started off on the soup when I noticed a note.
 
'Hi there! Soup always makes people happy no matter what happened, so I decided that it could cheer you up! I put little alphabet noodles in there too just to make you feel little again. That's another thing that makes people cheer up. Well Later on Miss Kurosawa! ~Kazune Hironaka'
 
I smiled at the note and put it on the fridge with a magnet. I sat back down at the table and finished up the soup. Before I knew it, it was ten thirty, so I shut off the lights and set off to bed.
 
To Be Continued… Happy Thanksgiving!!