Fan Fiction ❯ Within Soul ❯ Sick Day?? ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Within Soul
By Animechicka1992
 
A/N: review already. It's not going to kill you. Trust me. I've done it tons of times. I'm still alive!!
 
Chapter 7 - Sick Day?
 
I slowly opened my eyes. The ceiling seemed familiar. I looked around. I was in my apartment. I forced my eyes to stay open as I slowly sat up. Down on the floor was Kira and Mimori. They were comfortably sleeping with pillows and sleeping bags on the side. I smiled and got out of bed, being sure not to wake them. I slowly opened the door and peered outside. Doctor Kagagami was on the couch sleeping, along with Kazune sleeping nearby, being held up by the kitchen chairs. I sighed as I went into the bathroom to do… well. What do you do in the bathroom?? There you go.
 
I washed my face a bit and walked out quietly, only I guess that wasn't really enough because there stood Mimori, hands on her hips.
 
“What do you think you're doing?! You could've hurt yourself even more! You scared the living daylights out of everyone after you blacked out like that! I have no idea what the Colonel was thinking to have you do that but mark my words I'll have a word with him!! Just because you guys are related doesn't mean a damn thing! You should've made the choice of whether or not you were to try to find your powers. You looked a bit like you were in a Trans when you were messing around with that light! Your eyes were glazed and you... you… GAH!!” Mimori scolded, as she hugged me.
 
“Um… I'm fine.” I said. I was in my pajamas, hugging a friend, and there were two guys starring at me, plus a shy girl. All of them happy. I would've been glad but… I felt like crawling under a rock. I don't like so much attention. I'm more like Kira, only out forward sometimes like Mimori, so I guess I'm a Kirmori!
 
~~*~~
 
About an hour later, everyone left and I was eating some cereal in the kitchen. I was able to have my second day off because of being knocked unconscious from a test, so I was fine. Kira felt a little depressed because I got hurt so she gave me some flowers and chocolates. It's like a got a boyfriend. I take one day off of work and he showers me with gifts… but Kira is a girl and she's my friend, which makes it way better because she chose to bring them. She didn't have to because I'd pummel her the next day for not being there for me, or anything like some girls to with their boyfriend. If the guy doesn't call at least once a day, this girl at school would freak out and smack him a few times. Yeah, that was life alright. Though seriously. I might as well call this a sick day.
 
I took care of my bowl and other things, and then went and watched some television. It's always fun to see people beating the crap out of each other on a `sick day'. I cuddled up on the corner of the couch, my head on a throw pillow as I was bunched up into a little ball and laid down under the throw blanket that Kazune covered up in a couple days ago. It smelled like him still… He smells good… Oh gosh, what am I thinking?! Kazune is nice and all but he's just plain weird when it comes to a guy.
 
~~*~~
 
A knock came to the door. Just my luck I was in the middle of a little nap. Well maybe if I ignore it, then the annoying person will go away!
 
Knock knock… knock knock…
 
Well this is fun. Trying to ignore an annoying and stubborn person. This should be a treat. I closed my eyes and clamped them shut. Then again, if it was Mimori she would knock down the door… Oh well I don't care.
 
I grabbed another throw pillow and put it on my head and pretended I wasn't there.
 
“Hello? Miss Kurosawa? Are you home?” Came Kazune's voice. This is definitely nice. I closed my eyes and he came in. He walked in!! I can't believe him! He busted into my apartment. I closed my eyes and listened to him.
 
“Why did she leave with the television on?” He asked himself. Wow. He talks to himself. So cute!! Like a little kid!!
 
I heard him walk over. He bent down nearby my head and moved the pillow. He chuckled a bit as he moved the pillow down to my feet, and then he shut off the TV. There goes my MTV!!!
 
I moved around a bit, but only enough to make it seem like I was still sleeping. He sat down on the side of the couch. What the heck is he doing?!
 
I tried my best to keep my eyes closed as his weight shifted and he moved some hair out of my face. That was… sweet. I think.
 
I felt him get up and it sounded like he walked into the kitchen because his feet patted along the hardwood of it. I smirked as he yelped a bit. He probably slipped.
 
“Who's are these from?” He asked himself. Yet again he talks to himself. That's kinda weird. Weird, but still reminds me of a little kid wondering around the house on the weekend while mom and dad are still sleeping. “From… Kira Amakura. Well at least it wasn't some weird guy.”
 
I sighed a bit and changed my position so I was more comfortable. He seemed to be dead silent during the whole thing. He sighed once the apartment became quiet and his feet were patting around once more as he made his way to the door. The next thing I heard was him opening and closing it, and then his footsteps going down the hall.
 
I smiled as I instantly shot up off of the couch and peeked through the peephole. There was no one that I could see. I silently locked the door, and then instantly ran to the kitchen to see what he got me. There, next to Kira's present, was an envelope.
 
I reached for it and opened it, taking out a cute little card with a teddy bear on it. I smiled at it. It was so adorable. I would have to pin it up or something. Put it on top of the TV.
 
I opened it up, and something fell out of the card. A little business card looking thing. I picked it up and looked at it.
 
`You have been invited to the business dance to earn money for some better technology. Only employees allowed in, come in any appropriate apparel, and show this card at the door. The dance will take place on Saturday'
 
On the bottom was my named typed out like this was specifically for me. I smiled. If he did this I'd have to hurt him.
 
I looked at the card on the inside. It had hard to read writing in it, but you could tell it was the font of the card, instead of someone's personal handwriting.
 
`Hope you're okay! Have a Teddy Bear for your troubles!' It read.
 
Underneath, Kazune wrote, `Hey, sorry about what happened during the test! Nice though. No one really expected you to have powers in the end of it. I was just wondering if you'd want to go to the business dance with me. I put your invitation in with this so that you could get in. Just let me know when you're able to get back to work! -Kazune'
 
I would have to smack him now. First a cute little card, then an invitation to a dance along with asking to escort me! That was nice.
 
I smiled to myself as I set it down on the counter and then started eating away at my chocolate from Kira.
 
~~*~~
 
My stomach was sore by the time I was finished with the chocolate and by that time, it was time for bed because I skipped lunch and dinner. That's right. There was that much chocolate that I spent hours eating it all.
 
I sighed as I lay down and went to sleep, pondering to myself of whether or not I should go to the business dance.
 
To Be Continued…