Fan Fiction ❯ Within Soul ❯ The Brigadier General Blues ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Within Soul
By Animechicka1992
 
A/N: All I have to say is that if a guy turned off my MTV I would throw a small rock at his head, that way the brain damage isn't so bad when he goes to get an autopsy. ^__^
 
Chapter 8 - The Brigadier General Blues
 
I woke up the next day with a migraine. That's definitely what I need on my day back to work. I forced myself out of bed and grabbed my present day's uniform. Something came to mind. Where am I going to wash my clothes?
 
I set my clothes for the day on the shelf by the shower, and went over to the phone. Surprisingly there was one since people just walked right in instead of calling first. I looked at a list of people to call on the side of the phone: NPO security, the colonel, mail office, attendance for calling in sick, and what I was looking for: the information desk.
 
I dialed the information desk and let it ring a few times, and a woman answered. Nice voice… but she talked too much. She lifted up the phone and started giving explanations for what the information desk was for and everything.
 
“Excuse me, I already know, but I was just wondering how I'm supposed to wash my clothes? I'm a new kid.” I asked.
 
“What apartment number?” The woman asked.
 
“Eh… 126A.” I replied. I chuckle came on the other line.
 
“Alright. All you do is go into your bathroom, and nearby the shelf will be a little door, it's kind of hard to see so I don't blame you. It's a small square. You pull the door, and then you put your clothes in there. They'll be delivered to the door in your room by your bed. It'll be a bigger square. The clothes will just slide on through like it's a doggy door. And they'll be wrapped in plastic and drop on the floor so you don't need to worry about them getting damaged. Will that be all?” The woman informed.
 
“Yes. Thank you.” I said. And I hung up. I put my dirty clothes through the hole in the bathroom, and then I continued through with my routine.
 
~*~
 
I adjusted the last bits of my uniform and grabbed my keys and headed out. I locked my door behind me and went straight for the elevator. I hit the `6' button and went up to the mailroom. I went to my mailbox and unlocked it, and was overloaded with mail. I sighed. Eh… fliers…. Cards… letters… more cards… more letters… stuff from people I never knew existed. Okay then. Looks like I'm popular.
 
I dragged all of the mail to the elevator and clicked the button I needed to. I went in front of my door, and looked around it. Was I supposed to slide it all under the door?
 
“Hello.” A voice came I turned to see who it was. It belonged to Kira, so I smiled.
 
“Hi… is there a slot to slide through the mail or something?” I asked she nodded. She went up to my door and waved her hand in front of the wall next to the doorknob. I looked closely. A small little black dot was there. It was a motion censor: cool. With her hand going in front of it, a hologram calculator type object appeared. Kira touched a few numbers and then a screen appeared.
 
“Type in a new password for it, otherwise people might find out your birth date and try to break in or something.” Kira said. I nodded and put in my code. My new all purpose code and my password for practically everything: spaghetti-o. They were the lovely little `o' noodles with sauce that I have loved since I was a kid.
 
Kira hit an `enter' button and then a slot appeared above. A tray came out. Kira grabbed an envelope from my hands and then simply put it in the tray and it instantly was sucked away. I smiled in amazement at it. This place was pretty neat.
 
I put the rest of my mail inside of the little vacuum slot, and pushed it in. The slot, and the hologram disappeared and I walked down to the NPO underground lobby with Kira.
 
~*~
 
“Hey you okay today?” Mimori asked. I nodded. She handed me a cup of hot chocolate. “It's only Mid-November, but the cold weather will be coming soon enough.”
 
I smiled and gratefully took hold of the cup. I tasted a sip. It was as if it melted in my mouth like all of those chocolate truffle commercials on television. Mimori smiled. A boy came over smiling to Kira. Kira looked shyly away as if she didn't know he was there. He looked a bit disappointed at her reaction but he smiled when he seen Mimori and me.
 
“Hello there. I am Lieutenant-Major Tatsuha Hotenmaru. You must be the Mimori and Kira and Miku trio I've heard so much about.” He said. I shrugged.
“I guess so. I knew that I was pretty well-known around here but I didn't know that we have a little name to go along with a friendship.” I replied. He nodded.
 
“Yeah… this place is just like a high school, no matter how old the people here are. It's like one giant one. Everyone gets a label and a reputation on thin ice.”
 
Everyone in the room grew quiet. Curiously, we all looked over to the door to see a woman enter through. She was a bit on the creepy side for me. Her shoulders were back and if you took a picture then measured the symmetry; it'd most likely be straight as a ruler. Her uniform was perfectly fitting and as a lot of people probably noticed almost right away, was that she was small in the chest area, and big in the hip area. Her hair was black like an endless void as it was pulled back into a bun, a braid on each side of her head leading to it. Her eyes were narrow and glaring, and it was perfectly clear that the only make-up she put on in the morning was some powder or cover-up, unless she was naturally that pale. She could be a ghost if she wanted to.
 
She had a guard on each side of her, standing firm in uniform.
 
“That's Brigadier General Takumoru. She's one of the strictest upper ranks, which is one reason she has the job. If your family lineage didn't claim the General position, then she would claim it in a snap.” Tatsuha whispered. I looked at her in awe.
 
“Stand!” B.G. Takumoru ordered. Everyone but me stood straight up and firmly. I just looked around curiously, unsure of what to do, so I stood there and looked at her. She glared at me. She instantly made her way from where she was to in front of me with tapping boots on the floor.
 
“You! Maggot!” She yelled. I looked around and then I pointed to myself curiously. She nodded and got an inch away from my face. “I don't care who the heck you are. But I do know that you're going to be the gum on the bottom of my high heeled shoe for my whole stay here.”
 
“But I didn't do anything ma'am.” I said simply. She smacked my cheek with her hand.
 
“Don't go and try to bad mouth an upper rank you maggot! Considering how you act it seems this place hasn't given you enough discipline! I guess I'll have to give it to you!” She said. Tatsuha stood straighter.
 
“May I have the permission to speak Brigadier General Takumoru!?” He said. He was really all army wasn't he? She looked at him and nodded. “She is a new recruit and doesn't know your technique of handling things ma'am!”
 
“Is that so? Well I suggest you keep her under control. I'll advise it to you Lieutenant-Major to keep her in her place.” She said. I glared at her as she walked down to the other side of the room to a hallway. “AS YOU WERE!” She shouted with her might and stomped off down the hall. I stood there and glared at her.
 
“That… that… that old hag! She thinks she's all high and mighty!! If my powers didn't drain my energy, I swear I'd just go and use them to make her life a living hello there! Nice to see you today Kazune!” I said, changing me matter of words when Kazune came over.
 
“Hi there everyone. I'm a little late, did I miss anything?” He asked. Kira whispered it all to him. “Oh… a little conflict with the Brigadier-General will get you. I don't really think it matters who you are, she'll still tick you off and squish you under her shoe.”
 
I clenched my teeth and tightened my fists so the veins were perfectly visible in my wrists. My knuckles turned white. I glared at the doorway that hag left.
 
“I don't give a damn. Her life of a living hell shall be created by me! I won't rest until she stops being bitchy to me!” I said. I turned to the others. “Are you with me?”
 
They all put their hand in and we high fived each other. We huddled together and looked at me.
 
“Meet at my apartment tonight after work. We'll arrange the plan there.” I said. And we continued on with our day, smirks flying when the thought or sight of each other and what we might do to the Brigadier General appeared. Even Kira was in.
 
To Be Continued…