Fan Fiction ❯ Within Soul ❯ The Testing Begins ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Within Soul
By Animechicka1992
 
A/N: For those who haven't found out from my Inuyasha fanfiction, I'm getting pretty darn busy which means less time to do fanfictions. I have to rehearse my butt off after school and then do personal rehearsal when I get home for a while. We're doing dress rehearsals now so I have to run down the hall after one of my lines so that's a pain and there's a new semester coming up which means more homework. I don't know how I'm going to do this stuff a lot but I'm going to keep trying at this and get in chapters when I can. As it edges closer to June I'll be getting more out hopefully, though I might be going to Illinois during the summer so who knows. NOW READ MY MINIONS!!!
 
Chapter Twelve -Testing Begins
 
I made my way to the main lobby where I sighed and sat down on the couch, still clutching onto my mother's picture. My friends came over and sat since they were off somewhere and had just returned to the room.
 
“Hey, what do you have there Miku?” Mimori asked and gave me a light punch to the arm as she sat down next to me. I removed the picture from against my chest and tilted it in her direction. She nodded solemnly.
 
“You're mom I take it?” She asked, pointing to different features that matched up with me. “You two look a lot alike.”
 
“Yeah I guess. She's the supernatural side. Though it turns out the coffee maker incident was because my powers are progressing and they go along with my emotional stability, and since I had a lot on my mind and all they went crazy. All I have to do now is just control myself during emotional situations.” I said. Kazune sat on the other side of me and looked at the picture then me.
 
“I'm sure you'll do fine. Your mother could handle it fine from what I hear so it shouldn't matter with you. You should be able to handle it just fine. Don't stress yourself out about it. You're too quiet.” Kazune said. I gave him a light smile in return.
 
Soon after, a woman in a long white lab coat and large glasses entered the room, her auburn hair tied back into a long thick braid. She held onto a clipboard and skimmed down through the list on it with her pen.

”Attention all personnel: testing and training is starting today because of the new discovery made by the colonel that will be announced at the end of the week. I must ask that everyone in the room please report to hall number 2079 laboratory seven to be assigned your coaches. Thank you.” The woman said, and walked off to an elevator. Everyone in the room stood. Tatsuha used me as a leaning post.
 
“So babe, let us get our groove on and jack it around until next hour falls on a blue sunset!!” He said. I raised an eye brow.
 
“What in the world did you just say?” I asked. He laughed as we started walking with everyone else to an elevator.
 
“In a nutshell, I said let's go and get this thing over with.” He explained and with a small laugh we continued to make our way through until we made it to the room with everyone. I took a seat over in a corner next to Kira who was still drinking tea from in the lobby. Tatsuha went over to a group of guys he knew.
 
“What's this about? All the tests I mean.” I asked her. She shook her head.
 
“Tests and training are to determine our fighting level. That'll help us with different things we're getting trained in.” Kira said. The woman from the lobby entered the room and stood in front and center, still clutching onto her clipboard.
 
“Hello there everyone, for those who don't know me I am Doctor Ichigo Monomiya; specialist in training, testing and armed forces. I have you here today because with the colonel's new discovery we have been ordered to begin training our officials so that we are ready for when the time comes. You are here now so that you are assigned your coach and can begin training. You have all been sorted into groups. They may change or vary depending on your status level with your other group members but that will only be decided by your coach, the colonel, and me. Any questions so far?” She said. No one raised their hands. She smirked slightly.
 
“Good. Now Doctor Kagagami will call the names needed and all of the information needed. Here we go.” She said and Hatori stood from his seat behind her. He also held a clipboard.
 
“With Coach Satsuma Takase of training room 7B is…” He began. After the room had cleared out a bit, Tatsuha, Kazune, Mimori, and a few others left which left you and about twenty others.
 
“With Doctor Ichigo Monomiya….With myself; Doctor Hatori Kagagami is: Kira Amakura, Miku Kurosawa…” He said.
 
He drifted off until I heard him announce himself. At the mention of my name others gave some gasps as I smiled at Kira. I looked around the room to find that one man from my first encounter here. The man with, and I quote, “short brown hair had spike in it as it somewhat went around on his head jagged. His eyes where brown, and he was in a casual outfit: jeans and a baggy t-shirt with a band on it. It was a classic.” (From Chapter 3) He was in the room and he was glancing over like a glare at me. He was in uniform instead of his first impression attire.
 
“… Haruyuki Shitousei…” The boy looked over. That must be him. “Then Daisuke Karuho, Sakura Michimi, and Takurou Asana.” He finished. I stood with Kira, and we walked past everyone to Hatori's side. Soon after, the rest of the group, which did have that creepy guy in it, was next to us.
 
~*~
 
When everyone else except for ourselves were in the room with Hatori, he smiled to us, putting the sheets with the names on them down on the desk nearby and motioned for us to follow him.
 
We followed him down the hall and into a large gymnasium like room. He smiled as he pointed to the opposite side of the room.
 
“Everyone will be changing out of your work uniforms and into their training uniforms. You are to report here every weekday, that's Monday through Friday, at nine o' clock precisely. Now go over the desk, receive your training uniforms and go into the locker rooms to get changed.” Hatori said. I looked over to Kira and the other girl in our group. She smiled slyly at me and ran off to the desk, then into the locker room as Kira and I walked over casually, grabbed what we needed and headed off, the boys right behind us.
 
~*~
 
Beyond the door we entered I inspected it. A hall was what greeted you, walls on both side with only a couple doors at the end.
 
It's probably to prevent peeping toms…
 
We walked over to the doors. The one on the left read `ladies locker room' and the one on the right read `ladies restroom'. We entered the locker room one.
 
We were greeted with black tile floors and white walls. Nice contrast. The long lines of lockers were a blackish gray color.

I went over to the far side of the room with Kira and we chose partnered lockers. We opened our lockers to see a nicely deep locker and a shelf in the center and a small basket of locker room needs, like a towel, wash cloth, hair brush, conditioner, shampoo, body wash, soap, deodorant, and a spray; all you ever need when in a locker room.
 
I put my training clothes on the top under the basket and Kira with hers. I went and removed my shoes, placed them on the nearby bench, then removed my uniform and put it on the bottom shelf. When I finished changing into the uniform, I put on my shoes, and then did the other little essentials with the spray, deodorant, and hair brush so that I was ready.
 
I shut the locker, everything inside it, and programmed my password into it. I waited for Kira, and we made our way out to Hatori, where two boys were, the third making his way there. The other girl with us, Sakura, soon ran out like a tornado and almost ran into us as she did little flips and turns like a hot shot over to Hatori, smirking at the boys. I have a feeling she's the show off in our group.
 
“Okay, now that everyone is ready, we will begin by stretching and getting ready, so get onto a mat and do your stretches, then do two laps around the room.” He said. Oh god it's like P.E. all over again!!! WHY ME?!?!
 
I sat onto the mat next to Kira and did what different stretches she did as she explained different things. When she finished, we started on our laps.
 
“Hey, do you think we'll be doing this every day because I don't want a repeat of P.E.? I was glad that I didn't have it for the past few days.” I asked. She laughed.
 
“I'm not exactly sure. Ask Doctor Kagagami when we make it to him. The room is huge so I see why he's only making us do two.” She replied. When we made it over, I jogged in place as I asked him my question.
 
“We're only doing it today because it's the first day. After today you're only going to do some stretching and we'll get to business.” He said.
 
~*~
 
When everyone finished the laps we awaited our next instruction.
 
“Okay, now that you guys are all ready and riling to go, we're going to see what you got when it comes to combat. I'll set up the combat level to what I think you're capable of and then you'll show us all what you got. That'll let me know if we all can continue, otherwise we're all going to stay back and learn combat techniques. No powers Miku.” Hatori said. I nodded and he called off the names.
 
“Alright then first up is… Takurou Asana.” He said. A thin and weak looking boy made himself noticed. “Okay then Takurou. You'll stand behind the yellow line, and when I give you the okay, just walk straight ahead until your first part starts. Ready?” The boy positioned himself behind the yellow line and nodded. “Go!”
 
Takurou walked straight ahead until finally a robot appeared from the floor. Takurou got in position and began fighting the robot, only to be slammed back behind the yellow line.
 
“Out! You can't go past the yellow line by the way.” Hatori said. The boy walked away and then the next boy was called, made a tie, then Sakura was called and by the start of the combat session, she had the robot sliced in half. She walked passed me.
 
“That's how it's done.” She said. Kira was called and she won, by at the last minute punching the face of the thing in. Then Haruyuki (the creepy guy) went, and soon won. That left me.
 
“Miku, it's your turn, ready?” Hatori asked, I seen him set the thing as I positioned myself behind the yellow line. I took a deep breath and nodded.
 
“Ready.”
 
To Be Continued…
Cliffies are fun!!! ^__^