Fan Fiction ❯ Within Soul ❯ Power Crazy ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Within Soul
By Animechicka1992
 
A/N: I'm sorry for the last one being so short I took a peek at the length of it since it differs from the site and Microsoft word. I was shocked to see it was so short so to make up for it, I'll try to make this one longer. Please review! Also: Yay ten chapters!!
 
Chapter Eleven- Power Crazy
 
After the Brigadier General was finished nitpicking on the other side of the room, she had no one to bother, so she annoyed us.
 
“I thought you had a friend you were trying to find? Where are they?” She asked. I seriously wanted to just flip her off right then and there.
 
“They were sick so we let them be.” Kira said quickly, noticing my sudden change in mood. Thank you.
 
“Oh really? Hmph. I wonder what you all were really doing up there.” She said, folding her arms. We were sticking a rubber chicken up your ass that's what. I shot her a glare to make up for not saying my comment, and when I did, the coffee maker fell off of the counter. Everyone looked over to the sound of the crash curiously. No one was over there, and everyone knew that the coffee maker was bolted into the counter so it couldn't come off.
 
“Even when it's bolted down it falls off. This place needs better hardware.” I whispered. The Brigadier General shot a glare my way. What?! She wants a fight? I'll give her one. I shot another glare at her, and the coffee maker split in half. Woah… I wanted that to happen to her. Maybe if I think about that towards the coffee maker, it'll happen to her.
 
Being as crazy as I am, I shot the same glare at the coffee maker, and it gave itself a dent, causing a crack, causing coffee all over. Stupid plastic!!
 
“What the- how is this happening?!” The Brigadier said. I want to call her something else. How about I call her by her last name because calling her by her title doesn't really seem like I hate her, it seems more like I'm giving a dislikable person respect. So I shall call her…BG Takumoru!! Bwahahaha… ha….ha. Yeah that got old fast.
 
ANYWAYS yeah… she started freaking out like the whole coffee maker is cursed and haunted and all that. Maybe she's thinking it's a poltergeist you know? Never can tell unless you touch the coffee maker and it's warm. That's the neat part. Poltergeists are different than ghosts and spirits. While the other undead forms are cold, poltergeists are warm. If it's cold in a room and you touch a warm bookcase… run because a poltergeist might make it fall on you. The glory of reading books and mangas all that good stuff.
 
“Get the colonel! He has to see this!” BG Takumoru said. Some lower ranks ran off and soon after came Uncle. He inspected it.
 
“Seems odd that this would happen. Let's check the counter where it was bolted.” He said, and inspected the area of the counter. “They're undone like it was unbolted then fallen off. Those things haven't been unbolted in years, I wonder how they did? They're so rusty.”
 
I sighed quietly and Mimori gave me a caution look as Uncle surveyed the room, probably for me. He seen me and pointed to me. BG Takumoru was somewhat in front of me so she must've thought he was pointing to her.
 
“Myself Colonel? I must tell you that it wasn't I who-.”
 
“Not you. Miku.” I gulped. Great. She turned and looked down at me curiously. I avoided her eye contact as I stood up and walked over to him.
 
“Did you do this?” he whispered in my ear.
 
“My powers did it, I just started glaring and that happened. It was an accident I swear!” I whispered back. He nodded.
 
“See me in an hour after my meeting.” He whispered. I nodded and walked back. The Colonel gave instructions to some custodians that followed him, and they took away the coffee maker and soon returned and put in a new one. After that, Uncle left and BG Takumoru looked at me.
 
“Well, was it because of well… you know.” Mimori asked I nodded and rolled my eyes.
 
“He makes such a big deal out of it I don't know why. Sometimes he just annoys me so much and treats me like a little kid it annoys me.” I said. BG Takumoru glared at me once more before she ran off.
 
“I think she likes the Colonel.” Kisa said. I nodded. “She sure acts it. She turned all nice-nice when she seen him. It's sickening.”
 
“Yeah. I wonder what Auntie is going to think once she hears that someone at work is trying to hook up with Uncle.” I said smirking.
 
“Kick ass aunt.” Kazune said.

”All out woman brawl.” Tatsuha said cheerfully. We rolled our eyes.
 
“Well I have to meet him in an hour. He was pulled out of a meeting for this.” I said.
 
“We're going to be doing a few things at noon. You are probably going to be the busiest since I overheard that the Colonel is considering doing training and tests. It seems that a few things have been happening lately and we need to prepare this place.” Mimori said. I nodded.
 
~*~
 
“You wanted to see me?” I asked as I entered Uncle's office. He nodded.
 
“This is somewhat about that coffeemaker incident. I was driven to happen by your emotions right?” He asked. I nodded.
 
“Yeah. The Brigadier General annoyed me so when I shot a glare at her, the thing fell, and a few more glares caused that.” I explained. “I'm really sorry about it. I couldn't control it.”
 
“It's alright Miku. I didn't like that old coffee maker anyways.” Uncle assured. I gave a sigh of relief. “Though what I do want to know is how you used your powers without concentration. I have a feeling you had a lot on your mind when it happened, so I have no idea what caused your powers to react. Maybe it's because your emotional level went unstable… and then just went overboard with your powers…”
 
Uncle faded off as he tried to come up with different reasons for why my powers reacted with no concentration. Then the thought came to mind.
 
“Doctor?” I simply asked. I didn't know what doctor to go to since I only knew one and he was a scientist type doctor, not a medical doctor. Uncle looked at me and nodded.
 
“Yes I do think you'll have to pay your old friend a visit.” Uncle said. I knew who he meant. I couldn't wait to see Doctor Kagagami once again.
 
I watched as Uncle lifted up his phone and dialed a number.
 
“Yes this is the Colonel….Not for me, for my niece….Yes Miku….Her powers are going a little crazy…. What?! No!! She's not power crazy!! …Kagagami…Okay. She be there soon then…Yes, bye.”
 
“You will meet him in a few minutes. Go ahead and make your way, I can talk to you later maybe.” Uncle said. I nodded with a small smile and then turned to a look of confusion.
 
“I don't… um… know how to get there…” I said. Uncle chuckled a bit and gave me the directions, so I cheerfully nodded and walked out, following his directions and made it to a room. I knocked on the door. Doctor Kagagami answered with a smile.
 
“Hello there Miss Kurosawa! Come in and make yourself comfortable.” He said, closing the door behind me and making his way to the other side of the room and grabbed a coffee mug. I looked at the `coffee lover' phrase on the side and held in a laugh.
 
“Um, I'd prefer Miku, Doctor Kagagami.” I corrected He rubbed his head.
 
“Sorry, well, go ahead and call me Hatori then.” He said. I smiled and nodded.
 
I sat down on a couch nearby where he was and he sat down across from me in a recliner chair. I made myself comfortable, as did he.
 
“So what was your uncle talking about with your powers? I need to know the details before I can help.” He said. I put my finger on my chin to think and spoke out my thoughts. He took a sip of his coffee.
 
“Well, I got mad at the Brigadier General, so I shot her a few glares, but when I did, the coffeemaker ended falling off of the counter, splitting in half, then denting, cracking, and breaking, causing the coffee to spill on the carpet.” I said nervously. He held in a spit scene and quickly swallowed his coffee.
 
“You destroyed that coffeemaker from hell?! Oh gosh you're my savior!! Hopefully they get the updated kind that makes French Vanilla Lattes or Frappocinnos.” Hatori said. Woah didn't expect that from him.
 
“Um… okay?” I said. He patted my shoulder.
 
“Don't worry. Now let me see what could've caused it. I believe your mother's powers did the same time some time or another I just need to look at her file.” He said. He went over to one of many filing cabinets in a side room, where they were tall and lined up along the walls. He went to one and took out a file. He re-entered the room and my eyes widened.
 
“My mom's file? Can I see it?” I asked quickly. Hatori gave a light chuckle.
 
“Sorry Miku, but this is confidential. You're really not the eyes that are supposed to be looking at it. Though since the door is closed… I suppose it'd be okay if you take a peek at her picture?” He said. I nodded ferociously and he handed me the picture. I took hold of it and examined it as he skimmed through her file.
 
My mother was very beautiful to me. Her skin was a bit paler than me, and her hair was long, dead straight, and dark brown. Here eyes were exactly like mine, and I could tell that I had most of her facial features than my dad's. I think that the only thing I have of my dad would be the hair and skin tone. Maybe even the ears but I'm not quite sure.
 
“It seems to me that your emotions are driving your powers a little out of whack so you're fine right now. Just handle your emotions as much as you can, and if it continues, come see me. Okay?” Hatori said. I nodded as I starred at the picture longer. He smiled and gave a light whisper to me, “Want me to copy it for you?”
 
I looked up at him a bit teary eyed and nodded with a small smile. I'd finally have a picture of my mother. I'd have some kind of idea about her.
 
Hatori held out his hand and I handed over the picture. He went over to the wall behind him, and in under a minute, he handed over a picture of her, on actual picture `paper'. I smiled at him.
 
“Thanks Hatori.” I said happily as I held onto the picture. He opened his mouth to speak, but I cut him off, as I gave him a small peck on the cheek, and then hugged him tightly from where he was standing.
 
I could tell he was a little taken aback because he stood there, and his arms shifted around me, unsure of what to do until he finally just gave a small smile and held on.
 
“Sure thing Miku. You're a sure spark like your mother though that's for sure.” He said. I looked up at him. He looked at me a bit shocked still, a light blush on him and I couldn't help but smile a bit more.
 
“Well eh, you might want to get going. The tests and all that are starting soon.” Hatori said. I let go of him and nodded and with a wave good bye I walked out.
 
As I made my way down the hall I held tighter than ever to mom's picture, and I went to Hiro on my way down the halls to laminate it so it would be safe, and then with that, I walked the rest of the way down the hall.
 
To Be Continued…
Well I hope you liked that one… got somewhat of an idea of Miku's mother's appearances.