Fan Fiction ❯ Young Mage ❯ Maddy's New Home ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Maddy's New Home

"Hey! Was it my fault she was knocked out?!"

"Well, it would have helped if you'd helped her before it happened!"

She sat up, pain searing like a knife blade up her side and her head spinning the whole world all aroun her. She hit her head on the headboard of a lavish bed.

"Oh!" she hissed out and rubbed her head and currled up into a ball, her head pounding harder.

Apparently she'd yelped loud enough, because the door burst open and she found she was blind-folded. A hand touched her shoulder and she yelped, thrashing out, feeling power seep into her body to calm her. She tried to resist, but soon, she was calm and breathing slowly, almost asleep.

"Wake up, child."
"I-I-I-I'm s-s-sor-rry, b-b-but-t I-I c-c-ca-an't s-s-see, s-sir."

"Don't be frightened, child, I won't hurt you."

The blind fold came off and she opened her silver eyes. She was looking into a hooded face and a novice. She stared at them, her mind trying to compress where she was, when she suddenly sat up and tried to get away from the novice, knowing she was in Lord Randal's bedchambers.

"Stop! Your hurting her!"

Everything went silent at the sound of the comanding voice of Lord Ralf Randal. He was a famous mage and nobleman. He was randomly know as Killer Stopper, Randal, and Kick, he normally didn't take children into his bedchambers, but he did seem to like her, for some strange reason.

"Lord Randal, she's been brought here and you instructed us to make her stay put, we're just following orders," the novice replied.

"Release her from that spell," the Lord said, coming forward. "Release her, now."

"But, sir-"

"No buts, John. Lift the spell imediatly."
"Yes, sir."

"Now, tell me your name, sweet child."

"Uh, my name, your grace, is Maddy, sir."

"Well, Maddy, do you know that your mother was my cousin and she insured that if she were to die, you became my child?"

"No, I didn't know that."

"I am your godfather. Now, get into some neat cloths, I can't introduce you to the rest of the kingdome dressed as a pesant."

Maddy smiled brightly. "Um, do I need a servant to dress me?"

"Unless you don't know how to, then no, you don't."

"I can dress myself." Maddy hopped down off the bed. "Does this me I should call you Ralf?"

"No, it means I'm your current father."
"Can I call you 'dad'?"

"Yes, if it means I can call my Mad, your real name."
"You may!" Maddy found th dress, a steaming bucket of water, a wash towel, and some under garments. 'Wow! It's a pritty dress!'

Ralf stood there, his cold heart mealting as he watched Maddy trying her hardest not to giggle out loud. She was a sweet child and was mealting the heart of a Lord who commands his own magik. He had never lost his senses to a child, but this one had a power up that might have put ice men to shame.

Maddy was dressed formally and her white dress was decked with red lining on the open-sleeve under-dress, her sleeveless over dress was white tinted red with a broch with a griffin on it's front. She had her hair up in a bun with a little golden net over the bun and the top of her head with two crystals, one on either side of her flush face. It was as if she'd been given an angel's face.

Being only five, she was still young, but like an angel to Ralf and his wife, Janet. The two had wanted a little girl, but were unsuccesful with producing a child. Janet had some features that resembled Maddy's face and her skin tone.

"Maddy, meet your new mother, Janet Randal."
"Hello, sweet Maddy." Janet held her hand out, which Maddy took and was helped up to sit in the Lady's chair. "This will be where you will sit if I die, Maddy."

"Thank you, Lady Janet! Uh, I mean, mama." Maddy blushed. "I thank you both for giving me a home with you." She hugged the two.

~

And so, the story goes on, the small girl became a woman, the world agreed that she was perfect to become thier lady. One thing occured, however, that she loved to play boy games instead of play with the women and teen girls. She prefered weilding magik of her own and making all the other boys gawk at her powers, only to splash them in the face with rose petals, which they all got a kick out of.