Fan Fiction ❯ Young Mage ❯ Time Unfolding ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Time Unfolding

"Maddy, do it again!" Kyle said.

Maddy was now seventeen. She had made friends with all the servants from the castle grounds. Kyle was the kitchen boy, he was ten and he loved to watch her weave her magik for all to watch as the rest peirod passed.

"Yeah, I'll do it. Fire, Wind, or Ice?"

"Ice!" all the kitchen helpers cried.

Maddy loved to dress in the Lord's old cloths, all by herself, she'd learned how to make her magik work when she was scared, frightened, angered, or even happy. She studied her mathematics, language arts, art painting, playing her harp, now she was learning all the different languages of the elfing kin, who had made magik easy for their desendants to learn, problem one with these lessons, Maddy hated learning to write like they did, problem two, she didn't like sitting all alone with just the tutor and a few servants who she'd paid to learn how to write, read, sing, and play the harp, the last problem, she didn't like the writing at all.

She wove a crystal-like statue of a pritty woman dressed in an elvish dress. "Ta-da!"

They all clapped, when the little statue exploded and the shower of sharp ice turned into little pansy petals that were pure white.

The bell rang, sounding the end of rest peirod. Maddy waved to them as she got up and left the kitchen. If her father caught her down there, he'd kill her for sure.

She hopped up the stairs and stopped, seeing her father, tapping his foot, standing in the Great Hall.

"What were you doing, missy?" he asked, his voice thundering over her and she cowered down until he had full power over her. "If you were trying to make it a sweet little thing, forget it! I will not allow you to go and play with servants! If you want, I can make you a servant! Just like you were before I saved your life!"

"I just wanted to do something, that's all, sir." Maddy had gown accustomed to calling him 'sir' when he was mad at her, which was most of her time spent in the castle where she was always caught, like a little bird in her cage, wanting to catch the wind in it. "I know I was one, before you saved me, so I wanted to make them happy. I'm sorry."
"Sorry will not cut it! I don't want to ever see your face again! Not until you tame yourself!" He stormed off, leaving Maddy in tears. She wanted to make something happen that would chang his mind and let her say something to him.

The tears spilled like a water fall that had burst from the dam. She stummbled into her room and gathered some stuff. She was going for a walk, all on her own. She had never snuck out, but she wasn't going to stop herself now. She had to find someone to talk to.

She jumped out the window and down to the ground, then took off for the town square, from there, she didn't know where she'd go to. Her little fairy, Ketran, followed her. He'd apparently been sleeping.

Ke was a little fairy. He'd been caught and Maddy released him from his prison. He was a red-haired fairy with bright green eyes and wore a tunic that was dark green, s were his leggings and shoes. He was a woodlin fairy. He had belonged to another elf that looked like Maddy and he had mistaken Maddy for some guy named Leramas.

"Hey! Maddy! No fair! You got a head start!"

"I'll rase you to the town square, Ke!" She was in a better mood, now that the fairy was following her. She was capable of taking on anyone who tried to get in her way if they wanted a fight.

~

"Ralf, you scared her again!" Janet said, her hand resting on his.

"I didn't mean to. She just was entertaining the kitchen helpers!"

"She wants to please them, just like she used to when she was your favorite. That is until Jen was born. Now, Maddy is a servant to you, isn't she?"

"No! Yes, she has become one." Lord Randal closed his eyes and saw a little Maddy, her bright smile and her little body hidden in a feild of beautiful flowers. She wore her tiara and pritty white dress. Suddenly, everything turned dark, and Maddy was wearing an emotionless face, her cloths were mens' cloths. She didn't look at him, her eyes looking out a window. "I don't want to loose her."

~

"I want him to loose me."

"Why, Maddy?"

"Ke! He doesn't know I take walks on my own when he's angry with me!"

"Maddy!"

Ke flew after her, his wings slightly tinkering. He didn't like it when she was crying. It meant that something was wrong. He was desperate to help her, but she always lost him in a crowd and he'd never find her for a while.

"Ke, I'm over here!"

'Odd. She's helping me, not dementing me!'

"Ke, quite gawking and start flying! Come here!" Maddy waved for the red-haired fairy to come closer. "What am I? A Fairy Trap?" A Fairy Trap was a plant that eats fairies for food and nutrience. This scared most fairies, but Ke had escaped seventy since he was born. "C'mon! I can't stand here all day! We have some where we gotta be!"

"Fine, fine fine. I still don't see a point in running, Maddy. Maddy? MADDY!! Hey! Wait for me!" Ke darted into the busy street and nearly got ran over. "Hey! Watch where your goin' mister! Maddy?!"

"Gotcha!"

"Yeep!"

"Oh, shut up, it's only me." Maddy held the fairy upside down.
"You still look like him, only younger."
"Blah blah blah." Maddy put him down. "So, I grew up and my hair is blond! My eyes are still silver!" she screeched at him. "I don't look like someone you knew a long time ago! I am Maddy! Not what's-his-elvish-name! I am a girl! Not a guy! Grow up!" She had and evil look on. Then it faded away and she was back to herself. "Uh, why are you following me again?"

"I am your protector, now let go!"

In the city of Heerosha, pesants were veiwed as garbage, servants were pesky bugs to noblemen, but sometimes, fate draws the two to collide with one another. In one case, a young servant boy and Maddy would crash and then, time and fate would take it's toll on them both.

"Keshra! Keshra, stop that this instant!"

Keshra, a young servant teen, looked up at his stepfather. Keshrasam Kuranara was a young man with a thin frame and strong arms. He wore dirty brown leggings and a dirty dark brown tunic and a pair of tattered shoes. He was a brown eyed boy with sandy colored hair and a bright, slightly tanned face.

Keshrasam had two older stepbrothers who had moved in with his stepfather. He also had a tiny fairy friend who always liked to help him when he asked for it.

His little fairy looked like somthing out of the woods that shrowed the ends of the city. She wore something similar to Ke and had the same eye color, only her hair was dirt colored instead of bright red. Her name was Kari Mirage. She loved to make heself useful to Keshra.

"Yes, stepfather?"

"Hurry it up! Your waking Keith!"

Keith-Sa and Hasha-Ra were the two borthers who bossed Keshra around. Hasha-Ra was the youngest and the same age as Keshra, Keith-Sa was the oldest and was planning on marrying Maddy Randal, Lord Randal's daughter.

Keshra walked into the home and to the servants quarters, his fairy Kari folloing him.