Fate/Stay Night Fan Fiction ❯ Fate - Season's Road ❯ And so it begins... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1 - And so it begins…
 
Imagine a dark room. Not too hard right? So let's spice it up a bit then, try adding some shiny wood flooring. Almost like a stage. Then the classic red curtain drapes, you know, the ones you see at movie theaters or other places like that.
 
Moving along, a spotlight clicks on. A small circle of light now illuminating the stage, but it's still kind of plain, no? So we need characters… characters related to the story I'm about to write. Characters like Emiya Shiro and Archer, a.k.a., Emiya Shiro.
 
“Wait… what?” Shiro steps onto the stage. “You can't just suddenly give out information like that!”
 
“Why not? Most people probably already know that I'm just a `future' version of you.” Archer drags a folding chair onto the stage, unfolds it, and sits.
 
“What? How do they know?”
 
“Blame the internet, there's so much useless crap on it. People learn things they never really need to learn. Like how to make weapons with house hold products or grotesque acts of humanity. Sad really…”
 
“I see.”
 
“Yes, but we're not here to discuss minuscule issues such as the internet.”
 
“Right, wait… what are we here to talk about?”
 
“Didn't you get the letter?”
 
“What letter?”
 
Archer pulls out a white envelope with a stamped title: top secret, new project, eyes only. “This letter, I'd had it for a while actually. Couple of years in fact…” Unknown to Archer, the letters was technically addressed to both of them but… they're both Emiya Shiro and… let's not think too much into this.
 
“Regardless whether you were properly informed,” Or failed to be informed at all, “The author has assigned us the task of announcing a… unusual project.”
 
“Unusual? Why do I get a bad feeling from this?”
 
“Well to summarize the ten page long letter, the author has been going through a lot of stress between work, play, writing, self-studying to improve his style, and the list goes on. The point is he needs a medium to `loosen up'.”
 
“We can't he just keep playing video games?”
 
“He's kind of tired of that. He also wrote people on… Hay-loe two… are cheaters and bastards. I don't understand this part at all.”
 
“You're not alone.”
 
“Okay enough side-tracking, on to explaining the new project the author is developing.” Archer tosses the letter aside.
 
“So let me ask, does this new project have a compelling plot?”
 
“No.”
 
“Does it have nerve wrecking suspense, heart throbbing romance, and adrenaline pumping action?”
 
“Uh… maybe.”
 
“Are we faced with an even more difficult challenge? Is this going to be another what-if scenario to be added in the Fate/Stay Night story archives?”
 
“You, calm down. He just wants to put all of us in a summer environment.”
 
“What? Why summer? I thought it's currently winter.”
 
“It's the month of June in real life, and it's hot as hell—so I've heard. The author decided to play around with a summer scenario and all kinds of different high jinks you young people can get yourselves into.”
 
“Wait, this still doesn't make sense.”
 
“He also says to just-… is he serious?”
 
“What now?”
 
“…use your imagination, or if that fails, these poor characters are trapped in an alternate dimension where I can control anything. Is he trying to play God?”
 
“You know, I wasn't really that nervous until right… about… now.”
 
“You're too late. We're already in a place we don't know.”
 
“Ah… true.” Shiro and Archer take a moment to look around, an empty stage with only the two of them standing in the spotlight.
 
“You think the others are around somewhere Archer?”
 
“I think so. I felt Rin nearby.”
 
“Tosaka? Is Saber here as well?”
 
“Why don't you go find her if you're so worried?”
 
“I'm not worried! Saber will be alright by herself, I think.”
 
“Yeah, not worried at all.” Archer couldn't help but chuckle seeing Shiro's nervous state. “Anyways, we should wrap this up.”
 
“So we'll be going to the beach then right?”
 
“Beach does come to mind when you think of summer.”
 
“Yeah, yeah, this might actually be fun.”
 
“I'm sill rather suspicious.”
 
“What's with that tone? You're making the mood drop.”
 
“Call it instinct, I can't shake the feeling that we're being set up.”
 
“Set up? You're just being paranoid.” Shiro picks up the letter Archer tossed aside. “Did you really read all this?”
 
“No, I stopped on the first page. I wasn't going to waste my time listening to this author rant.”
 
“Oh? He's talking about Tosaka.”
 
“Rin? Where?”
 
“See here? I saw her name when I skipped to the tenth page.” Shiro shows it to him and sure enough, there it is.
 
“Wait… isn't this the blog update?”
 
“Not exactly, I guess he went side track again and talked about Tosaka for the last minute.”
 
“Give me that.” Archer snatches the letter out of Shiro's hands. “I really like her personality. Something about it kind of turns me on, I think it's that attitude. Real sexy.”
 
“Um… Archer…”
 
“That aggressive exterior is just something. I can't really find the words to describe it, but it's not just her personality alone.”
 
“Hey, Archer.”
 
“Her pigtails are cute, too. Now add a mini-skirt, what more can you ask? Oh wait, almost forgot about the thigh high socks—can't forget the thigh high socks.”
 
“Archer!”
 
“What?”
 
Shiro slowly points behind Archer's back. In that second, Archer felt a very sick feeling in his stomach, a feeling that he was just set up. Archer turned around, knowing who was behind him.
 
“Hello Archer.” Rin had a disturbing smile on her lips.
 
“Rin… (gulp) did you hear?”
 
“Hear? Oh, you mean all that stuff you said about me?” Rin slinks closer and closer into Archer's face.
 
“If you will Rin, I can explain.”
 
“So you can explain what you just said earlier?” Archer was leaning back on his chair, and Rin was in between his legs, her knee dangerously close to a certain spot. “You can honestly tell me, that you have a reason for saying all that?”
 
“Yes, if you would just listen-.” Before he could finish, Rin shot him in the forehead with an energy blast, or better known as her Gand.
 
“Pervert!” Another blast, “Lecher!” and another, “Scum!” She charges one more blast. “Good-for-nothing servant!” A final explosion bigger than the last, Shiro covers his eyes from the smoke and dust. Rin stomps away off-stage. Meanwhile Archer is holding his head and other aching points of his body, motionless on the floor.
 
“Hey, you're still alive right?”
 
“Black.”
 
“Black?”
 
“I saw them. They were black.”
 
“What was black?”
 
“… Hers.” Shiro looked at him strangely, trying to figure out what he meant until it hit him. “You mean you saw her… down there?”
 
“When you think of mini-skirt or thigh high socks, you naturally think about that place. Plus, that last explosion kind of created some… wind.”
 
Both didn't say another word. Archer however is unable to take the image of Rin's grandeur out of his mind. Those black laces forever burned into his mind. He didn't miss a single detail. His class wasn't archer for nothing.
 
“Hey Archer, how old are you?”
 
“Let's say I'm not a middle-age adult. I'm still kind of young as a matter of fact.”
 
“Really?” Shiro didn't believe him, or maybe archer was right. “You know you were set up right?”
 
“No comment.” Archer had a smug smile he couldn't hide even if he wanted.
 
~*~*~
 
Fate-Summer Project
By Jyoohan
-
Original Creators
Type-Moon
 
~*~*~
 
To Be Continued…