Fate/Stay Night Fan Fiction ❯ Fate - Season's Road ❯ Mystery of the Missing Dinner ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fate-Summer Project
By Jyoohan
-
Original Creators
Type-Moon
 
~*~*~
 
Chapter 4 - Mystery of the Missing Dinner
 
It was a strange feeling. It was nothing dangerous or foreboding, but a strange feeling none the less. The house was dark and quiet like she had left it not so long ago, but a dark pervading presence was there, as if taunting her.
“Is everything alright Saber?”
“Wait Shiro, there's something strange here.” Saber barred her master's path. She has to confirm whether this presence is a threat or not. And until she does so, she will not leave her master's side. Shiro's safety was her top priority.
“Hurry up and get inside already.” Rin pushed past the couple, turning on the lights. Archer was right behind her as well, keeping guard.
“Rin, that's excessively reckless of you. What if the enemy was here?”
Rin muttered with a grumpy sigh. “We're here to have fun, not fight other servants; therefore, the house holds no threat to our current health.”
“Wait Rin, you might have to take back what you just said.” Archer crouched low to investigate something. Everyone gathered around him, and he picked up a dirty plate off the floor—the sauce still moist.
“Shiro, I had higher thoughts of you. You better not turn into a slob while we're on vacation.”
“A slob? I didn't leave the plate there. Dinner was ready in the kitchen so I—.”
“No!” Saber screamed at the top of her lungs. “That's the lemon pepper shrimp Shiro and I had prepared. And it looks like someone even licked the plate. What kind of monster would commit such an atrocity?” Saber cried, taking the plate from Archer's hand.
“Whoever the culprit was, it left an obvious trail.” Archer pointed down the hallway, filled with discarded plates, cups, and eating utensils.
“Quickly Shiro, we must eliminate this fiend at once.” Saber summoned her holy blade, Excalibur.
“Whoa, wait Saber. That's overkill. Put that thing away. It's probably a petty thief. Spare his life.”
“No-no! He desecrated the food Shiro and I had made together… that we made together!” Saber screamed and flailed while Shiro was trying to hold her down.
“Good Lord, how much food did you make Emiya-kun?” Rin said amazed. Archer already had a stack of ten plates, fiver cups, and four sets of spoons and chopsticks. All the plates were clean without a morsel of food left except bits of sauce. Rin wondered what the kitchen would look like if the hallway looked this bad.
“There's someone here.” Archer stopped at the doorway leading to the kitchen. He can hear something, like someone breathing… or… snoring? He carefully poked his head in and assessed the situation.
It looked like a storm blew threw the entire kitchen. Cabinets half open with pots and pans in disarray, Food and sauce stains dotting the once clean kitchen. It'll probably take the entire night to clean up this mess. Something Archer is not looking forward to.
He gave the others the okay signal and entered the kitchen together. Saber still held her sword Excalibur, and Shiro not too far off so he could stop Saber before she incinerates the poor soul at the receiving end. Saber's paranoia rubs off on Archer, and he summons Kansho, just in case of the worst scenario. He made sure nothing would get in between him and Rin. A loud bang almost scared the white off of him.
He turned to the source and saw Rin bowing apologetically.
“Sorry, I wasn't watching my feet.” She blushed prettily.
“Saber, put the sword down. It's only Tosaka.” Shiro begged and pried, trying to stop Saber from swinging her sword.
“But Shiro, you don't understand. I was so looking forward to tonight. It would have been the first time I have tried these new seafood dishes with you, and we would have fed each other like those couples in Korean dramas that Rin showed me.” Shiro looked at Rin with a funny face and wondering what she had been doing to Saber's poor impressionable mind.
Rin looked away and shrugged her shoulder with a guilty smile.
“I think we have our culprit.” Archer points out the large dinning table, taking up a quarter of the living room/kitchen area. Everyone can hear a faint snore from underneath the table. It sounds like a purr.
“Stand aside Shiro. I will cut them in half with a single blow.” Saber approached the table and raised her blade. She was ready to slash her opponent asunder.
“That's quite enough for one day Saber.” Shiro easily lifts her dainty body and was surprised since she felt light as a feather. It even kind of felt good having his arms around her waist, but she didn't.
“Sh-sh-shiro! W-what are you doing? Put me down this instant!” Saber cried whilst kicking her legs. She had never been lifted up like a mere child before. No man would have the nerve when she was a King in her past life, and this was unacceptable to her. She was not some toy anyone could pick up for their simple pleasure, although it is kind of fine since it's Shiro—wait a second, there can't be any exceptions.
This could be considered as sexual harassment. No one should dare to touch her in such an illicit way, but it is still Shiro so it's—no—yes—no—ye-… Saber was stuck in spiraling dilemma. But only if he would slip his hand a little bit lower…
“Rin, I have recovered our culprit.” Archer pulls out a wee figure of an albino girl. The small child rubbed her sleepy red eyes and let out an embarrassing burp, which she excused herself after.
“Ilya? How in the world did you get here?” Rin couldn't believe she was here all alone. It would have been impossible for her to make the trip alone, so who could've brought her here? Ilya ignored all of Rin's questions and jumped at the sight of her big teddy bear—Shiro.
“O-nii-chan~!” Ilya jumped into the air like superman, flying headfirst into Shiro, but Shiro still held Saber in his arms. He couldn't stop the airborne albino. If he moved, Ilya would surely crash and hurt herself. But if he doesn't, he would end up with a broken back or worse.
He already knew what to do. Shiro closed his eyes and waited for the imminent pain. And in the last second, he drops Saber and takes the full brunt of Ilya's tackle attack. Pots and pans fly into the air as Shiro was pummeled from one end of the kitchen to the other.
“Oh my… I hope he's dead.” Archer couldn't see over the counter separating the kitchen to the living room, hoping his past counterpart has finally meet his untimely end.
“Onii-chan, onii-chan!” Ilya called for her big brother over and over again, not realizing he's knocked out from a concussion.
“That's enough excitement out of you.” Rin lifted the little girl with one arm. “Ilya, tell me exactly what happened here.”
Ilya looked at everybody then looked up at the ceiling, humming to herself, thinking. “Tiger dropped me off today!” She said with a cheery voice.
“Taiga is here?” Saber asked while attending to the unconscious Shiro.
“Yup! But isn't she here? Last thing I remember, I was eating lots and lots of delicious food and got really sleepy. I must have rolled under the table, tee-hee.” Ilya said, playing with the hem of her skirt.
Saber's face grew pale, a glaze over her eyes. She lifted her blade, its point perpendicular to Ilya's heart. Her body couldn't stop quivering. “You… you ate… everything?”
“I was really hungry, but Tiger ate almost everything.”
“You ate… all of… Shiro's… food.”
“Rin, this isn't going to end well.” Archer said, putting himself between Rin and Saber.
“So what if I did? What are you going to do about it?” Ilya's eyes turned cold, her magus tattoos glowing from under her dress.
“Such sins can't be forgiven even by God. You must pay child of Einzbern!”
“Hi! I'm back! I got this really big watermelon, Ta-da!” Taiga suddenly kicks open the kitchen door. Everyone freezes, staring at Taiga, but she's the one who's most confused. One of her students named Rin is standing with a tall dark handsome man with funny white hair. Little Ilya is glowing with strange marks under her clothes. And Saber is holding a rather dangerous looking sword, ready to swing down upon unsuspecting Ilya.
“Saber-san you should hold such a dangerous swo-whoa!” Taiga trips, and the watermelon she was holding flies out of her hands and into Saber's face. Saber falls back, her sword spinning in the air. Taiga moaned while trying get back up, but the spinning blade conks her in the head (the handle end), knocking her out cold.
Meanwhile, Rin, Archer, and Ilya watched everything like it happened in slow motion.
“Archer, what's that word when something crazy or stupid happens and it really shouldn't?” Rin snapped her fingers, unable to recall the word.
“A freak accident, a coincidence, summoning Saber as your servant.”
“I'll go with freak accident.” Rin kicked him in the shin and a good slap to the back of the head.
“What's going on? I'm so confused.” Ilya looked so cute and innocent with her confused expression and big red eyes.
“It's nothing. Let's just get ready for bed.” Rin guided the precious girl out the kitchen. “Oh and Archer, clean up, that's a direct order.”
Archer looked at her with wide eyes, unable to believe she just dropped him with cleaning duty again. He slowly turned, not wanting to see the mess he has to deal with for the next couple of hours.
Tiptoeing carefully, trying not to make too much noise with all the pots and pans lying about. Archer sighed looking at the unconscious figures of Shiro, Saber, and Taiga.
“Damn it.”
 
~*~*~
 
To Be Continued…
 
~*~*~