Fate/Stay Night Fan Fiction ❯ Fate - Season's Road ❯ Summer Homes ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fate-Summer Project
By Jyoohan
-
Original Creators
Type-Moon
 
~*~*~
 
Chapter 3 - Summer Homes
 
Now an awesome, fun-filled, summer extravaganza isn't complete if you can't live in a ballerific house, or something close to one. In laymen's words, a really nice summer home.
 
“It's… plain.” Tosaka looked at the three story mansion with malcontent eyes.
 
“You must be joking Rin. This is just like your house, if not better.” Archer said while carrying his and her luggage.
 
“I know but there's no aesthetics. This is supposed to be summer, meaning to get out of the old house and into the new. Where are the sliding doors and glass wall windows? There should also be room for at least a thirty square foot patio. So many things that's just… ugh.” Rin looked away disgusted.
 
“It's already late Rin. I advise way at least go in and sleep one night in the house.” Archer tried to explain, but Rin was nowhere to be seen.
 
“There!” She hung a sign on the front door saying, `For Sale'.
 
“Rin, let's be rational here. There's no way someone will come buy the house just minutes after you—.”
 
“Excuse me, is this house for sale?” A man and his wife came up to the house.
 
“Why yes, it's a very beautiful home don't you think?” Rin was in selling mode. “It's quite new. Has all the latest home furnishings.”
 
“She hasn't even been inside, and now she's trying to sell it off to complete strangers.” Archer whispered to himself.
 
“Plenty of room and space for you Mr. and Mrs.” Rin said.
 
“No, you're mistaken. I'm not his wife.” The woman looked disgusted when Rin assumed the couple was married. The older man looked amused, chuckling to himself.
 
“Please forgive her. she doesn't act like this all the time.” The man bowed while the other woman glared daggers at him. “My name is Li Syaoran and this lovely young woman is none other than Kinomoto Sakura.”
 
The two couple stands out in their own unique ways. The man called Syaoran looked plain, but his composure was far from it. Just by looking at him and speaking with him, one can tell that he's calm, cool, and collected.
 
Sakura is much different though. Her auburn hair and green eyes make her seem beautifully innocent. But when one hears her talk to Syaoran, her childlike image shatters into a million pieces.
 
“Hey! You're not supposed to tell people my name!” Sakura slapped him in the back.
 
“Don't worry, nobody knows you well enough. Not one's the wiser.” Syaoran said.
 
“And that supposed to make me feel better? That's not the point and more importantly, do you even have the money to buy a house like that?” Sakura pointed at the towering mansion.
 
“Well I don't have the cash on hand.”
 
“I can't believe you! First you drag me back to my home town, force me to live with you, and now you don't even have a place for us to stay? We're already a good hour away from Tomoeda!” Sakura gasped for air, exasperated.
 
“Um, excuse me.” Rin averted their attention back to herself. “You can pay rent if you're not interested in buying.”
 
Syaoran and Sakura looked at each other, debating. “What's your offer?” Syaoran asked prudently.
 
“50,000 yen ($500 estimate) a month.” Rin said smiling, knowing that was an offer you can't resist.
 
Sakura gasped. Getting a house for such a low price for one month, this is robbery. Sakura looked at the mansion suspiciously, wondering if there's something wrong with the elaborate home.
 
“50,000 a month, you know there's going to be a catch right? For such a big house there has to be some kind of catch.” Sakura whispered.
 
“We just got here, and we don't have much of a choice.” Syaoran argued back.
 
“Who's fault do you think this is? `You' planned the trip so `you' should have taken care of this!” Sakura poked him in his chest.
 
“I'm taking care of it right now. Please calm down little flower.”
 
“Don't you dare call me little flower you… you…” Sakura couldn't find her words.
 
“Just like an old married couple.” Archer said dryly.
 
“Shut up!” Sakura blushed ear to ear.
 
Rin giggled, not knowing what to think of the couple. The two in front of her called Syaoran and Sakura was a sight to say the least. The way they bicker has a cute limelight to it.
 
“If you'd like, you can stay the first couple of days for free. We can arrange the payment at a later time.” Rin hit the bull's-eye. Even Sakura had nothing to say when she could be staying inside such a lavish mansion with no cost.
 
“Come on Sakura, its late already. Do you want to book a hotel room?” Syaoran hurried her, knowing she was wobbling between the decision of going or staying. “It's for free.”
 
Sakura's imaginary self tipped towards the staying side. “Fine! We'll see how the house is for a little bit. Only a little though.”
 
Rin pumped her arm in victory. Archer on the other hand couldn't believe the house was actually rented off to these two strangers.
 
“Two healthy looking adults living alone in a large mansion such as this, sounds too much like some kind of cliché love comedy to me.” Archer shook his head in disbelief.
 
“You, not another word!” Sakura's face was near its limit. It was impossible to tell if she was blushing because she was angry, disgusted, or exhausted.
 
“We are in no way related to each other. The only reason we are even in each other's presence is because of our profession. If possible, I wish to be as far as I can be away from this beast.”
 
“Come on, since we'll be living together for a while, we have to get along.” The beast tried to be friendly with her.
 
“And you, don't you even dare touch me! You will be sleeping on one side of the mansion while I'll be sleeping in the other.”
 
“But it'll be hard to help you if you're in trouble.”
 
“And what kind of trouble would that be?”
 
“I don't know. The house almost catching on fire?”
 
“Don't be ridiculous, like that would ever happen.” Sakura waved such notions off. How could a fire start when she's a responsible adult?
 
“So with that settled, I guess you two are set.” Rin clapped her hands.
 
The agreement was settled, and Rin won't have to live in such a boring house. Now there was a ray of shining hope for this summer vacation. Tomorrow was going to be a bright day.
 
“Yes and thank you. You can call me with this number so we can arrange your payment.” Syaoran handed her his card. The card had Chinese characters and also his name in Japanese. The card said he was some kind of editor.
 
“Rin, do you realize what you have just done?” Archer said calmly, despite the seriousness of the situation.
 
“Yes, now we can go spend the rest of our vacation in a real summer house.” Rin giggled excitedly.
 
“Well you forgot the most important thing. We don't have another summer house.”
 
Rin froze, not realizing such an important detail. She just gave away her house to a couple of strangers, and what are the chances of finding a beautiful summer house at this time.
 
Rin cursed this summer fever. She got caught up in her own thoughts of having a great summer and lost track of the most important things. This is completely unlike her.
 
“Archer! Why didn't you stop me! This is your responsibility!” Rin began shaking the servant ragged.
 
“My responsibility? You were the one going off before even thinking about the consequences. This isn't like you Rin.” Archer tries is vain to calm Rin down.
 
The two's current predicament is grim indeed. Rin has just sold her house for rent to a couple of strangers. Rin and Archer have no place to stay, and a handful of luggage that needs to be carried to the nearest hotel. Is there any hope for these two?
 
“Tosaka? Archer? What are you doing out here?” Shiro and Saber comes out from nowhere.
 
“Rin, it's unwise to wear your bikini at this time of night. You will certainly catch a cold.” Saber drapes a jacket over Rin's shoulder.
 
Shiro and Saber were confused seeing Rin and Archer's solemn features.
 
“I have just made the biggest miscalculation of my life. I think it's this summer fever. There's no other explanation for my actions.” Rin said.
 
“Rin, I believe it's best if we head back to the house before the food gets cold.” Saber said.
 
Rin flinched hearing Saber. “Wait, what do you mean its best we head back to the house?”
 
“Back to Shiro's house of course. We left earlier than you remember?”
 
“You left to get lunch and never came back. I thought you two got lost or something.” Rin perfectly recalled what happened earlier.
 
“Well actually…” Saber blushed and fidgeted shyly. “Shiro said his father had a summer home nearby. We ate lunch together and prepared dinner a little later.” Saber wouldn't stop fidgeting while having a silly smile on her face. “We prepared a lot of food, too. I can't wait.”
 
Rin is now confused whether Saber was acting silly because of the time spent with Shiro or the dinner awaiting them at home.
 
But that's not the point. Shiro should have said something sooner. It would have saved so much trouble. She wouldn't have to go through the mess she had just witnessed and brood over where she was going to sleep.
 
“That's right, I completely forgot about the other house. I guess it's natural since I haven't been there for such a long time.” Archer laughed.
 
“Archer!” Rin jumped atop Archer's back and put him into a headlock.
 
~*~*~
 
To Be Continued…
 
~*~*~
 
Special Commentary
 
Hello! I would like to give a special thanks to “Kayjuli” and her awesome story writing ability. If you all are familiar with her story “Kokoro no Hon”, you will all remember our favorite love/hate relationship between Syaoran and Sakura.
 
Originally, I only wanted to write something funny happening while the cast of Fate/Stay Night were trying to find “adequate” lodging for the night and thereafter. But knowing me, I let the characters bring the story out. And in a crazy turn of events, Rin rents out her house to Syaoran and Sakura from Kayjuli's fic.
 
The cameo appearance was fun since I loved the way Kayjuli portrayed Syaoran and Sakura. Sakura's near disgust of Syaoran and them trying to find a place to live was just too tempting to write, so I couldn't resist.
 
I hope the quality was up to par and everyone had a good laugh. And since I done it once, I'm thinking of doing other cameo appearances from other animes as well. So drop a line if one of you readers wants someone to drop in real quick.
 
Thank you for reading and another special thanks to Kayjuli since I wouldn't have even wrote this without reading her awesome story. Good night.
 
Link to KayJuli's “Kokoro no Hon”:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3438219/1/Kokoro_No_Hon_English_Versi on