Fate/Stay Night Fan Fiction ❯ Fate - Season's Road ❯ Vertically Challenged ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fate-Season's Road
“Summer Project
By Jyoohan
 
Collaborator - Airbender
 
Editor - Crazylobo
 
Original Creators
Type-Moon
 
~*~*~
 
Chapter 8 - Vertically Challenged
 
With the absence of my annoying comments that I type up before starting a chapter, I decided that I needed to add something a little more special to this one… other than the fact that most of you might think of me as an insane—if not terminally ill—writer after what you've read in the last chapter… so I think.
 
It must come to most people's attention that this chapter was up but suddenly taken down. Listening to Airbender, a.k.a. Rei, I have taken down the work and have completely revamped the story. This was collaborated with Airbender; therefore, a work by two writers, I believe. This one is for all those Rider fans out there. And without a further ado, I will present to you another tale of summer and the lives of those who are living through the most delightful colors of life.
 
--
 
The mating calls… whether they were cheap pick up lines or whistles, it was all the same: pointless. Not one person on this God forbidden beach had any sense of dignity whatsoever, immediately lolling their tongues out at the sight of exposed skins and sultry curves. Disgusting creatures they were. If only Sakura had not made her promise not to turn any of these insignificant blotches of human life into stone, the beach would have been her own private gallery by now.
 
Adjusting her newly acquired `mystic glasses', Rider concentrated on her new book, eager to find out the ending to Harry's story. But the scum on the beach would give her no opportunity.
 
“Excuse me miss, would you like some company?”
 
“Hey there babe, what do you say you and me…”
 
“She is one fine piece of ass!”
 
Curses! Curse the beach, curse every male on this Godless planet, and most of all, herself. The cruel gods of old gave her this imperfect body. How she wished she was beautiful and small as her older sisters. Yes, just like Ilya, a petite form befitting herself and her true stature.
 
“You know I got the magic stick.”
 
Tilting her head, Rider glared over the rim of her new spectacles, and the buffoon, who was foolish enough to touch her, stood frozen, unable to move his stiff limbs. Quickly picking up her things, she left the café before a curious band of people tried to help the paralyzed buffoon. With a sigh, she walked aimlessly and wondered why the gods were so cruel. Upon closer introspection, all the gods of Greek lore were sadists. Always playing with mortal and immortal lives alike as they pleased, especially Athena… that bitch.
 
Pausing a moment to calm her nerves, Rider dispersed such turpitude thoughts. The past was long gone. There were more promising things to think about like the present and future, but also occasionally remembering the fond memories of her sisters the most.
 
“Look at the size of her boobs.”
 
Yet the present and future looked superbly bleak at the moment. Glaring over the rim of her glasses again, the nth victim was frozen in the silliest position Rider had seen so far. Although it wasn't enough to calm her growing aggravation, she did like the perk she had with her glasses, since it didn't turn anybody into stone and only left a temporary paralysis. She finally had a device on which to release some of her frustration.
 
Glancing at the book under her arm, Rider searched high and low for a spot where she would not be distracted. But every single place was infected with sleazy males, vying for any members of the opposite sex. Just right around the corner, Rider saw a group of males harassing a pair of girls. The dumb `XY' carriers of the species seemed to be fuming.
 
“Are your ears filled with wax or does your brain fail to comprehend the simplest command? Really, sister, these dullards have no taste.”
 
“Do not waste your breath. They carry the intelligence of a lemming and should also do us the favor of acting like one.”
 
The tone of arrogance, words that gash deeper than any blade, it sent wistful chills down Rider's spine before she turned back around. The blockheaded group of males couldn't understand a word the twins were saying, but it was obvious enough that the twins were insulting them.
 
Plum hair bunched together into pigtails, milky white dresses laced in black, standing intrepidly with their short height. There was no mistake to Rider. These twins… but they couldn't be. No, maybe she's seeing things. After all, there are innumerable amount of people in the world. There's that one in a million chance of someone looking and acting exactly like her sisters.
 
“What are you-, unhand me!”
 
“Lechers, release my sister this instant!”
 
Rider did not feel her fist ball up, the blood draining out of her hand. She told herself that she had no reason to interfere. There would be a patrolling police officer or something that should stroll by at the opportune moment. This wasn't her business. There's no way her sisters would—
 
“Stop, where do you think you're touching? I'll kill-”
 
All of them men stood frozen, not budging an inch. Behind them, a purple-haired demon approached. The twins winced, looking away with every painful blow inflicted upon the humans. One caught a swift kick into the groin, some were tossed into the ocean, and one poor fool resembled a statue—only his head buried under the sand.
 
Breathing heavily, Rider suddenly snapped out of her daze. She slapped herself, realizing that she had suddenly attacked without thinking, but it felt good though. Rider tried to flee the scene, but the twins blocked her escape.
 
“Leaving rather swiftly are we not?” One of the twins said.
 
“Yes, I believe it would be discourteous if we did not thank you for your… unwarranted help.”
 
“N-no, there's no thanks required. I just… it's nothing.” Rider turned about face, making a beeline for Shiro's house.
 
“How rude, where are your manners, behemoth?” The twins followed closely, even breaking into a run when Rider tried to make a dashing escape.
 
“Why are you running? Halt, beast!”
 
“This is not happening! You are a figment of my imagination! You don't exist!” Rider screamed and covered her ears. This was all a trick. There was no way; they could not be her sisters. Taking a quick glance back, she screamed again, unable to deny the indisputable semblance they held.
 
“This is an illusion! So stop following me!” Rider gathered her strength and bounded building to building. She didn't care if she was seen, as long as those twins were out of sight. Why were they even chasing her to begin with? No, she must not ask that question. If she does, she would be admitting that they were… her sisters.
 
Jumping down into a shady alley, Rider sat still in the shadows and sensed for any noise or movement. Her heart was beating erratically more from restlessness than fatigue. She pulled out her daggers. Something moved behind her, in between the trashcans.
 
She waited, her breathe cut short. Without warning the trashcan lid slid off, creating a loud clatter of noise. A cat jumped out, disappearing as fast as it appeared. Dropping her dagger and chains, she fell to her knees and thought how cliché her situation was.
 
Yes, that's right, it was only a cliché. People think they've seen someone they knew, and it turned out to be completely false. There's nothing to worry about. Of course, she might have been hallucinating, since she did think about her sisters. Small resemblances might have alluded her into thinking those twins were her sisters.
 
That's right. It could have been the stress. Just minor coincidences came together, nothing more. Rider set out for home, banning all previous anxiousness.
 
“Wow! Did it hurt when you fell out of heaven?”
 
The only problem that persisted was `them'. Rider held back the urge to paralyze another victim. Her hands were eager to victimize another would-be `player'. She used every backstreet she remembered to get home. Using the boardwalk would have been a gauntlet. There would be no end to all those disgusting perverts trying to play her heartstrings with no chance of success.
 
Opening the back door to the Emiya residence, Rider sneaked into to her room and changed without a moment's notice. There was a pair of jeans and a long sleeve shirt Sakura had bought for her. All she needed was some tea and snacks before she could unwind and read her book. The pigs interrupted her right when Ginny appeared.
 
“Rider-san, there you are. I'm so proud of you. I didn't know you went around saving children.” Shiro said.
 
“Wait, excuse me, save?” Rider replied.
 
“Yes, they said you saved them just earlier today. They insisted on meeting you, and they are both in the kitchen right now. You should go meet them right away.”
 
“W-wait, they are here, now? It can't be… I said wait.” Rider struggled to escape, but Shiro kept pushing her towards the kitchen.
 
While being forced against her will, Rider wondered how they could have found this place. They should not be here, but there they sat. The plum haired twins gleamed inquisitively and whispered between themselves.
 
“Sorry for the wait. What's wrong Rider? Did you already introduce yourselves?” Shiro was oblivious to Rider's tenseness.
 
Saber's voice called out, asking if they were ready to leave yet. Shiro shouted back to Saber, saying he would be right there. “Excuse me, but I have to leave and buy some things for dinner tonight. I'll leave you two alone then. There are some snacks in the fridge, and I already prepared some tea. Take care of the house for me.” Before Rider could stop him, Shiro left her with the plum haired twins. Her words caught in her throat.
 
“It would be wise if you closed your mouth.”
 
“Yes, before something flies into it.” The twins snickered. “Are you surprised to see us?”
 
Surprised, the word could not even begin to express how Rider felt. This is must be a set up; some cruel set up collaborated by the gods. After all her sisters have no reason to appear before her.
 
“Hm… he seems like a nice person, but such a boring face he has.”
 
“He is much too gullible as well, sister. He invited a pair of strangers into his home without a question when we told him about the behemoth. Such a trusting person would get burned one day.” The twins nodded in unison.
 
Rider knew she should have stayed quiet, but her protective nature interfered. “Please take back what you just said. Shiro may be gullible as you say, but he has a pure heart. So don't…”
 
Rider's speech fell short from the inquisitive stares by the twins. “So quick to his defense, is she not, sister?”
 
“I concur. Is there anything between you and this Shiro? You call him by his first name.”
 
“D-don't be preposterous! There is no relationship other than the fact we are sharing this home.” Rider denied.
 
“Ho, so you are living under the same roof? How bold of you. I wonder if there had been any lewd events taking place after nightfall.”
 
All too much the same, how they take every sentence and turn it around in their favor. The plum haired twins bore a graduating resemblance to the memories engraved upon Rider's mind. However it wasn't enough to convince her, though she truly did wish they were her sisters. She missed them.
 
“I would not know something so personal. And besides, Shiro is already with Servant Saber.” Rider said humbly.
 
“That's surprising. I did not expect him to have already acquired a partner. Are they close I wonder?” The twins thought of the possibilities.
 
“Well, my master, Sakura, has feelings for Shiro as well. She tries her best to get his attention.”
 
“So there's a third? How deliciously unsightly!” The twins suddenly laughed.
 
“Third? What do you mean by third?”
 
“If what you said adds up correctly, there's the Saber Servant you mention, your master Sakura, and last but not least, you who are in love with him.”
 
Rider's face burned a deep shade of cherry. With a stuttering voice, she said, “L… l-l… love?! No, no, no, you are wrong! I have no feelings for such a weak mortal.”
 
“Oh my sister, I think we've struck a nerve. Calm down, behemoth, we will help if you'd like.”
 
“Goodness me, that sounds like a marvelous idea. And I think I have the perfect plan, too.”
 
Rider listened with rapt ears, blushing deeper and deeper with every tantalizing detail. The twins pointed out many different schemes and ploys. One was to seduce to boy by pulling his face into Rider's plump breasts, sure to send the boy spiraling into a whirlpool of temptation.
 
Another sly ruse was to sneak into Shiro's room then entice him like a succubus, mashing her provocative bosom all over his body, touching his sleek manhood, and stealing a sinuous kiss. Rider listened with rapt ears, blushing deeper and deeper with every tantalizing detail, ready to faint from such obscene thoughts.
 
Again, she slapped herself out of the twin's twisted reverie. Clearing her throat, Rider ordered the twins to stop such lurid behaviors. The duo stared back with a blasé expression as Rider exclaimed that children should act as innocent children should.
 
“You are gravely mistaken if you think we are little children.”
 
“Would an innocent child speak so openly about reproduction unless there's something more behind the child's mask?”
 
“Wait sister, I have a better idea. Since the behemoth is so unwilling to strike the iron while it's hot. Why not take that boy for ourselves? I think he would be a fun toy for us to play with.”
 
“No! You can't do that.” Rider cried out.
 
The twins again stared at her skeptically and asked why they couldn't steal the boy right from under their noses. After all, Shiro doesn't seem to have any interest in `well-developed' areas of the body. The twins even suggested that Shiro was a lolicon. Rider vehemently denied it; however, the shoji screen slid open to reveal Ilya.
 
“Rider, where's big brother?” Ilya asked.
 
“He went to buy some things for dinner with Saber.” Rider replied. With an accepting nod, Ilya aptly left but also destroyed Rider's constructive criticism.
 
“She said big brother. They look nothing alike. Does Shiro have a little sister fetish? This will be easy pickings.”
 
“Truly, I'm sure we can think of many things to do with our new plaything.”
 
Plaything, the word was like a trigger inside the deepest corner of Rider's mind. The haunting recollections that still plague her today, Rider gripped her head. Her heart was beating rapidly. Rider's psyche tried to protect her by further clouding her suppressed memories.
 
Wait, this wasn't the time to be freaking out. Shiro was in grave danger. The twins, they would surely do unspeakable things to the poor boy. Rider clenched her jaw, undoubtedly regretting what she was about to do.
 
“Wait! You can't do that!” Rider shouted inexplicably.
 
“Ho, the behemoth speaks. What ever do you mean by, you can't do that?” The twins said in unison.
 
“It's just as I said, you can't do… that.” Rider sputtered.
 
The twins beamed at her, already beginning their perfect mind games. Slyly, the twins coaxed her. “Why do you impede us? What gives you the right to stop him from making Shiro ours?”
 
“B-b-because! Um…” Rider bit her lip, asking heaven and hell to swallow her. “Because I love him!”
 
“Love who?”
 
“I love Shiro! You can't take him because I will make him mine!”
 
“Continue, how will you make him yours?”
 
“Because we uh… we sleep together every night.” Rider huffed without thinking twice.
 
“… naked?” The twins said, grinning.
 
Rider did her best to ignore the twin's added commentary and continued, “We share our comforts together in the darkness of night (while moaning!), intermingling in our love nest (as we touched!). We have an unbreakable bond that cannot be severed even by the gods! (Swaying in our pleasure, evermore!) Stop that doing that!”
 
“Doing what?”
 
“That thing, what you just (keep making love to me!) That—please stop it!”
 
Crinkle of plastic bags, the hairs on the back of Rider's neck stood up. A grim feeling dawned on her shoulders. Slowly turning her head, her eyes came upon the pair who had just came back home from grocery shopping.
 
Everybody's jaws, except the twins, dropped open, for their own special reasons. Shiro began to creep away, while Saber clung onto his arm protectively. However the blonde servant looked too disturbed to be any kind of guardian.
 
Rider wished someone would kill her on the spot. Her life as she knew it had just ended.
 
The twins couldn't hold their giggling mirth and busted out laughing. They did not expect it to spiral so out of control. It fulfilled all of their expectations, no, went above and beyond even.
 
Rider's mind screamed one thing over and over inside her head. It took a minute before her limbs received the order: run away!
 
Crashing through the sliding doors, Rider bounded over the wall and disappeared from the Emiya residence. There were tears of shame spouting from her eyes as she cried out methodically into the night.
 
“I could not believe how much explicit detail the behemoth delved into!”
 
“Yes, our teasing has reached a new level today. How I missed this feeling so.” The twins held hands and sighed, out of breath.
 
“Y-y-you… what did you do?” Shiro stuttered.
 
The twins waved it off, saying that it wasn't anything special. Shiro, of course, didn't buy such lies. Rider was obviously hurt, and the only ones that could have done her wrong were—
 
“Don't worry, she always runs off but surely returns by the hour.”
 
The twins got up to leave, and Shiro and Saber followed suit. They tried to ask the twins what exactly happened, but the twins ignored their questions and said.
 
“Yes, it's nothing to be worried about. Some weird boy said our sister was lonely. We were a little worried and came to visit; however, she is not lonely at all.” The twins said, sighing in disappointment.
 
Shiro and Saber gawked, unable to conjure up a response.
 
“And if you would be so kind, would you take a message for us? Tell our sister that our first meeting in such a long time was wonderful. We hope to see her again, from Euryale and Stheno.” The twins said in unison. And with a click, the front door closed.
 
Shiro reopened the door. The setting sun blinded him for a moment.
 
Their voices faded, like a dying whisper. “Take good care of her for us, farewell.”
 
Saber stood by Shiro, trying to sense any nearby presence. There were none.
 
The sun having disappeared over the horizon, Rider bounded from rooftop to rooftop. Sniffling, she wasn't careful and missed her landing, but it didn't matter anymore. The Servant waited for the unforgiving concrete, before something—or rather—someone else caught her.
 
With a loud thud and a groan, Rider blinked, wondering whose voice the groan belonged to.
 
“What the hell you bi—” Crimson eyes stared like saucer plates, “I think I caught an angel that fell out of heaven.”
 
Disgusting men, they're all the same, thought Rider
 
“Whoa-whoa, where do you think you're going?” The blue figure caught her again before she could escape. “You should at least have the manners to apologize for using someone as a landing cushion.”
 
“I'm sorry, so please then, release me.”
 
“What's the rush? Since you're so sorry, why not treat me to dinner?”
 
“Me? Treat you? Why would I—”
 
“Or would you give me the pleasure of treating you?”
 
Rider snapped her mouth shut, unable to think of a reply.
 
~*~*~
 
Plays dead… until the next chapter is released.
 
~*~*~
 
Trumpet blare!!!
The debut of (drum roll) “Fate: Season's Road, mini-series!!!”
… Crap, I need a better name for this… I'll think up one later.
 
Rin: What kind of intro and title was that?!
 
Jyoohan: What do you expect? I was thinking on the fly.
 
Rin: You are pathetic. A rock could come up with a better name than this.
 
Jyoohan: Like what? Rocky?
 
Rin: Ha-ha, you think you're very funny don't you?
 
Jyoohan: Actually, I do. Especially, since I'll be concentrating on you as a heroine more often from now on.
 
Rin: Really? What about Sakura?
 
Jyoohan: Such a good siblings you two are. Aren't they readers? Yes they are, especially when Rin will turn into the super Kaleido-Ruby and Sakura's darker side will manifest in my new Fate: Autumn Project.
 
Rin & Sakura: Wait! You're not turning me into that `thing' are you?
 
Crazylobo (editor): Of course, this wouldn't be comedy without it! Be sure to enjoy the new and improved Fate: Autumn series, and get ready to say goodbye to the good ol' days of suntan lotion, juices, sultry curves, and dental-floss bikinis, and hello to hot springs, roasted potatoes, peeping toms, and plumes of fiery red!
 
Shiro: W-w-what?! That's such an indecent thing to say! I would never peep on-
 
Archer: Speak for yourself, fool.
 
Shiro: Archer!? You…! I won't let you peep on girls! … (Without me.) Trace-On! (Caliburn materializes)
 
Archer: (With a roar, summons Kansho and Bakuya)
 
-Sounds of metal clashing and Unlimited Blade Works battling it out in the background-
 
Crazylobo: …Anyway, it will be sad to see summer go.
 
Jyoohan: Yes-yes, but we all have to move on. How I miss summer already as all you young kids have to go back to school, while I don't…
 
Crazylobo: (Snorts audibly)
 
Jyoohan: Yeah, I had to rub that in. Anyways, be sure to look forward to next time. Rin will become weight conscious!
 
Rin: W-what?! Don't be ridiculous! What the hell are you going to make me do?
 
Crazylobo: Until next time!
 
Rin: Wait just a-
 
~*~*~
 
Author's note:
 
Hoo-boy… I finally took the time to make the edit… too much halo 3. But I love halo 3, I'm skull hunting… video game nerd talk at the moment. I would like to talk more, but 9 out of 10 of y'all would have absolutely no clue what I'm talking about. So anyways, uh… does anybody even read this down here? If so, REVIEW ME NOW!!! Say you love me, I love the encouragement. I like it when people praise me! Is it wrong if I feel good when I am praised? Is it so wrong I ask you!!
 
Oh yeah, by the way, look forward to autumn…
 
Footnote:
 
Stheno and Euryale: were two of the three sisters known as Gorgons. They were said to be vicious with brass hands, sharp fangs, and had hairs of living venomous snakes. These sisters were able to turn anybody into stone. But Medusa (name means “guardian”), the youngest of the triplets, was mortal unlike her immortal sisters.
 
Euryale (name means “far-roaming”) is the oldest of the three sisters and is noted for her bellowing cries, especially in the tale of Medusa's death at the hands of Perseus.
 
Stheno (name means “forceful”) is the second youngest of the three sisters and the most independent of them all. She killed more people than both Euryale and Medusa; however, her head was put up as a display when she died, for all the gods to mock.
 
The three gorgons were widely used in various media from video games to comic book and more. One of my favorite is obviously in Fate/hollow ataraxia. I wouldn't mind being a lolicon for those two evil little deviants… heh-heh.
 
Bonus!!! (I would put color if I could)
 
Later before going to bed…
 
“Shiro, tonight, I want you to Jam it in!” Saber cried with forced enthusiasm.
 
“S-Saber! Do you know what you just said?!” Shiro panicked.