Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Zukkuk-Wacky ❯ one ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

****IMPORTANT! READ!**** Author's Note
This fic is obviously a girl thing. Sorry guys, but love stories really aren't for many of your kind. (I'm not sexist I promise) This fanfic proves that I am absolutely insane, I think...To read it, you would have to know stuff about the avatar, of course, and Final Fantasy VII and X or X-2. It's a Rikku x Zuko pairing, however, Vincent Valentine and Lulu are in here somewhere. (I <3 Vincent. Lulu's awsome. Rikku's wonderfullish. Zuko's so adorable and emo.)
 
Story takes place in Avatar Land. :) It starts about a week before Sokka(yay) and Katara(blegh) find Aang(:D) pov, um third person works I guess.
 
Oh yeah. I'm just going to assume that if ur reading this, you know what all the characters look like. Sorry, but I'm not all that fond of descriptions. Meh.
 
Please R&R.
 
Chapter One
Disaterrific Circumstances
 
Rikku beamed at the horizon. The sun was rising, forcing the sky into an array of bright colors. She loved it. She was seventeen and she still loved to gaze at the things that would make little children weep with joy.
 
Rikku was a pirate. She traveled the ocean between the nations of fire, earth, and water. The pirates that rode this ship were all sorts of benders, outcasts, or people who simply had "no right" to exist anymore, according to the Fire Nation that is.
 
Rikku was a happy girl. She had seen true horrors in her past, but nothing could spoil her mood. She was something far more than an optimist. Rikku was like a little girl trapped in an adult body with much less of the fear one often saw in even a passionate three year old.
 
She was a rare type of bender, one too small to obtain a nation. Her family were all descendants of the ancient lightning benders. This lightning was nothing like what the fire benders used. What they had, they had no reign on, while a true lightning bender could easily strike their foes with a quick jolt without fear of killing theirselves.
 
Raiding ships was something that all the pirates enjoyed. No matter where they were from, they all wanted to get revenge on someone somewhere and the team worked together well. They helped their friends get what they needed for help in return.
 
Lulu was of the rarest benders around and was a heck of a lot stronger than her appearance portrayed. She dressed like a waterbender, but she was a descendant of past avatars. Her strenghts, of course, were not equal to the avatar's, but she did have some vague control over the four elements.
 
Lulu was like a sister to Rikku. She stepped to the ship's railing and leaned on it. "Isn't it pretty, Lu?" Rikku sighed.
 
"Yes. It's beautiful. What are you doing up here? The others are all down stairs discussing how we're going to approach our next raid. Shouldn't you be with them?"
 
Rikku grinned. It was a spectacle that had Lulu grinning in return. "I'm a thief, Lu. I don't have to know the battle plans. I just need to know where all the goodies are."
 
Lulu shrugged and bended some water up from the sea. She dumped it on Rikku's head. "Aiee!" Rikku squeaked. "That's mean, Lu! Do you know what salt water does to my hair? Yucky!" She made a pathetic attempt at shaking the water from her hair while Lulu laughed.
 
Lu grinned. "Probably the same thing it does to mine. Rikku you-" Lulu cut off what she was saying to gape at the horizon.
 
Rikku spun on her heals to get a view. "Fire nation ship." She said with a smirk in her voice. "A small one." Without warning, she and Lu took off yelling.
 
"To the horizon! Oy, a ship! Fire nation! Brother, c'mon!" Rikku dove for her brother. "Let's get'em, bro!"
 
"Prepare yourselves!" Lulu started shoving people this way and that.
 
Rikku hopped up on the ship's railing. Her long scarf flapped in the wind. There was a smirk on her face. She balanced carefully on her post until the ship came close enough. They had spotted the cross bones and skull flag that marked a pirate ship.
 
The ships pulled side by side in a race for a win. Rikku gritted her teeth and waited for the oppurtune moment. When the ships neared a close, Rikku jumped, and half the pirates followed.
 
***
Zuko grimaced at the pirate ship. "Uncle, what do we do?"
 
Iroh laughed merrily. "They're just pirates, nephew. Offer them something shiny and they'll leave us alone."
 
Rolling his eyes, Zuko left the deck and went into the control room. He gave his commands. "Race them. Keep the ships neck-and-neck. When they're close enough, we'll jump." He walked back outside and started yelling at his crew. "Load the catapults! Get ready to fire!"
 
It didn't take long for the ships to gain speed and get close to eachother. The pirate ship was a big one and full of odd looking people. Zuko jumped onto the railing, using a rope as his support so he wouldn't fall overboard. His stomach rolled as he observed the water rushing by below.
 
Off guard, he wasn't prepared for the horrible battle cry that rang out among both pirates and his crew. Zuko suddenly realised how stupid of an idea it was to run the ships this way. If his crew fell in the water, they would surely die.
 
Grimacing at those thoughts, Zuko prepared to swing himself to the other ship. He took a breath and jumped.
 
***
 
Halfway across the distance between the boats, Rikku crashed into someone. Luckily, Mr. whoever-he-was had a rope. She, however, didn't and snagged onto his. "Dammit!" The owner of this particular rope cursed. He then cast an angry glare at her and she gulped. His scarred face was a bit creepy. His language was crude, and she was insulted.
 
"Let go, you meanie!" Rikku yelped as the rope swung closer to the pirate ship and then back to the Fire Nation's where she was saved several bruises for the stranger who served as her cushion. He screamed in agony as he plowed onto the wooden deck with her weight only adding to the situation.
 
She jumped off of him immediately, leaving little time for guilt, and began searching for the treasure that every fire nation ship had. Rikku dove away from several fire benders with some acrobatic skills that came with the learning of every thief-pirate. She found what she thought would be the treasure room, but found herself mistaken.
 
"Hah!" She yelled triumphantly as she came into this room. "What?!" Her joy quickly turned to confusion. All that was in here was a nice fat man who was sipping some funny smelling tea.
 
Taking a chance, Rikku asked, "Do you know where the treasure is?"
 
The man laughed. "Not on this ship, kiddo. There won't be any shiny prizes here."
 
"Oh." She had a brief look of disappointment on her face before she shrugged it off and beamed at him. "What kind of tea is that?"
 
"Um, I don't really know, but it smells horrid."
 
Rikku laughed. "Thanks anyway, pops!"
 
"Goodbye!" The man said before she scampered off to the deck.
 
***
 
Zuko was in pain. The ship's deck was not a fun thing to have one's face slammed into. He sat up and held his face in his hands, resenting whatever amount of stupidity had caused him to jump ship like that.
 
"Where is that damn girl?" He snapped, before standing upright. He wavered a bit. They weren't really winning the battle against these pirates, so he did the only thing he knew would work. He walked up to one of the scoundrels and tapped him on the shoulder. "Aye?" A woman with a stern expression said as she whirled around.
 
"What do you want?" Zuko asked.
 
She raised a brow. "Huh?"
 
He glared at her. "What. Do. You. Want."
 
She grinned. "Oh. We just wanted to kick fire nation ass and steal all of your valuables."
 
Zuko frowned. "I was banned from the fire nation two years ago. These men and this ship are all I have. I know that we are no match for you pirates, but I would really really really appreciate it if you would leave us alone."
 
"And the treasure?"
 
"We have none." Zuko crossed his arms.
 
The woman-Lulu-turned to yell at the pirates. "OY! Back to the ship!" That was the signal she had been assigned. Zuko nodded once in her direction before all the pirates jumped back to their own ship and sailed happily away.
 
"Well that was exciting." Uncle Iroh said as he came up beside Zuko. :)
 
"Stupid, you mean. We lose anything?"
 
"Some food and a lot of dignity, but nothing else really. We actually gained something."
 
Zuko frowned. "What did we gain?"
 
"OH NO!" A high pitched voice yelled in dispair. "OH NO! OH NO! OH NO!" Rikku was staring dejectedly at the pirate ship that was miles away now. Her hands were yanking violently on her hair. She hopped from foot to foot. The whole ordeal was giving Zuko a worse headache than he already had.
 
He knew she was the one who had caused him several thousand bruises and an angry pounding in his head. He glared at her. "Who are you?" He demanded to know.
 
Rikku turned her bright green eyes on him and practically wailed. "My name is Rikku and I'm on the wrong ship! This is...disasterrific!"
 
Zuko's eyes widened. What had he gotten himself into?
 
Chapter End.
Reviews are nice. I'd love some reviews, my lovelies! :)