Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction / Devil May Cry - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Knights of the Realms ❯ Ch 2 - Crazy Motorcycle ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

KNIGHTS OF THE REALMS
 
 
CRAZY MOTORCYCLE
 
 
 
 
 
Dark and gloomy, the man thought as he first entered the bar. Just how I like it.
Three people occupied the bar, and one of them being the barkeep. No windows allowed the chance of someone peeking in. All in all, very suiting to the task at hand. I just might finish this up hassle free. That thought quited him. Damn. That'd be kinda boring.
Sauntering over to the bar, he moved the great sword slung on his back to one side and pushed his trailing red coat out behind him and sat down with not a little flourish. One of the two patrons looked over at him, the one with blond hair, but was quickly drawn back to the map that his companion, a heavily muscled black man, was showing him. “I'm telling you, man, this spot is filthy rich with oil and...”
The barkeep looked up from the glass she was wiping. “What'll it be, stranger?” A couple of lewd answers came to his mind as he looked her over. Long, jet black hair tied together near the end, with her bangs hanging free and framing a face that belonged in fantasy. A black vest, zipped up the front, covered an ample set of breasts and matched the long half skirt and shorts combo that she wore. Slim yet fit, she was all a man could want. Then he remembered why he was there.
“Gimme two of your strongest.” He flipped some cash on the counter, most likely largely exceeding the set price. No matter, he would soon put this place and currency far behind him.
He watched her as he went about pouring his drinks. Something deeper than her appearance drew him to her. It was the way she moved, the way she carried herself. Every move was coordinated, with no hesitancy. Her muscles were well toned, but not rippling. She had the body of a fighter.
I seriously hope the real one is this good, 'cause I'd love to meet her.
She set the two drinks down in front of him. “Now take those slow, Mister. We don't want you passing out, now, do we?” She winked at him. He took one glass in each hand, and proceeded to down both drinks with one long swig apiece. Setting the glasses down again, he returned her wink.
“I don't think there's cause to worry.” Sometimes it was good to be half-demon.
An impressed look came over her pretty face. “What's your name, Mister?”
He moved a lock of white hair out of his eyes. “Dante.”
“You from around here?”
“Nope. Just here on business. Hoping to just pass on through.”
“And what exactly is it that you do?” she asked, leaning on the bar.
He leaned closer. “You're looking at a professional Demon Hunter, Miss.”
“Demon Hunter?” she repeated with a slight laugh. “I'm sorry to tell you, but you're in the wrong place, Mister. There aren't any demons around here.”
His hand moved under the counter, just out of her view. “Oh, but you know better than that.” he stated. A barely audible click came from beneath the counter. “Don't you?”
Bang Bang.
In the same moment that Dante fired off the two shots, he'd forcefully kicked back away from the bar, throwing himself into a powerful back jump that took him skimming along the roof to the opposite side of the room. He landed on silently on his feet at the same time that the blond haired and black men looked up to see the barkeep slump lifeless on the bar.
A little disappointed that it had been that easy, he slid silently from the bar and into the comparatively harsh daylight, walking under the sign that bore the name of the bar as he made his way to his motorcycle
7th Heaven.
 
 
“Tifa!” Cloud yelled as he saw her fall. He upturned the table in his haste to get to her, but it was too late. The bullets had entered her chest not a half inch from each other, both entering directly into her heart. Tifa was dead.
“What the Hell, what the Hell!?” Barret screamed at the world in general. “What the Hell just happened!?” The big man was overwhelmed, wanting nothing more than to shoot something at the moment. As if in answer to his frantic question, the unmistakable sound of a motorcycle starting up came from right outside the bar. Cloud and Barret looked at each other for a heartbeat.
“That white haired son of a bitch!” Barret roared, and Cloud was halfway to the door, vengeance in his eyes. Barret new he was effectively useless if it came to a high speed chase, so he took out his frustration on the nearest bar stool, slamming it with his metal fist until it telescoped. His anger sated for a moment, his eyes fell once again on the body of his friend, and all the fight went out of him. Tears slid slowly down his cheeks, and his shoulders began to shake. He put his face in his flesh and blood hand, and weeped, raspy wheezing accompanying the tremors that racked his body. He forcefully rubbed his eyes and made himself look up at her.
He paused, unbelieving, then looked again.
He looked again.
“That's just not right...”
 
 
Dante sped along the streets of Edge, enjoying the rush of speed in place of the rush of battle. Going noticeably faster than anyone else on the road, he was pleasantly surprised when the blond from the bar pulled up next to him. “How's it goin'?” he called out in greeting.
The man just scowled and pulled closer to Dante's bike. Pressing a switch, the sides of the bike shot out to the sides, revealing three swords hidden in each side compartment. The spring loaded sides forced Dante's bike up onto the sidewalk—directly into a collision course with the side of a fast approaching building.
Dante smiled.
This was finally getting good.
 
Cloud skid to a halt, watching, waiting for the moment of impact when vengeance would be extracted.
 
 
Shifting his weight, Dante went into a wheelie into the wall. The front wheel hit, he shifted his weight again...and rode straight up the wall, gunning it to keep momentum. He reached the top of the wall and pushed back at an angle, sending himself and his motorcycle into a back flip, heading directly towards his assailant. He unslung his great sword Rebellion, and let out a laugh, reveling in the thrill of battle.
That laugh cut Cloud deeper than any blade had. The laugh was in exhilaration, brought from the joy of battle. He was glad that Cloud had engaged him. He held no remorse or doubt about his decision to kill Tifa. The man didn't care. He had a Devil may care mentality, in the worst way.
The flames of vengeance fanned even higher, he drew one of his swords and brought it up to defend. Tifa's killer fell fast, and brought his own sword down in a vicious two handed chop. Sparks flew as the two blades collided, and the ground around Cloud cracked and broke from the impact. Their two faces were not a foot from each other for a moment, Cloud with his teeth bared in an animalistic snarl, Tifa's killer showing his teeth in a smile, both with the light of battle in their eyes.
The white haired man pushed off from the sword lock, vaulting over Cloud, landing wheels down and sped off, leaving behind a trail of that same laughter.
 
 
Dante was genuinely happy. Not only had he finished the job, but he had also engaged in a battle that was turning out to be worth his time. He laughed once again, and noticing a highway sign, moved onto the on ramp, hoping to move the battle to a place where they would have free space to utilize their skill.
The highway was still under construction, but nearing completion. All the better, as noncombatants were just that, not in combat and just in the way. Now that the stage was set, only one thing was needed to make this battle epic. Dante turned on the radio.
 
 
Cloud was not far behind, but a chill went down his spine as he followed. It was not so long ago that he had chased another white haired sword wielder on this highway. Not wanting this to end the same, he decided on a different tactic.
Reaching into a side pocket, he withdrew a small yellow sphere. Materia, made from condensed Mako energy and holding the memories of the Planet itself, it allowed the user specific abilities once used by former inhabitants of the Planet. Cloud pressed it to his arm, and “remembered” the skill it gave. A tingle ran up his arm as his body took in the power, and he urged his motorcycle on faster.
His quarry turned suddenly, now facing him. Determined to end this now, Cloud shot his arm forward, and a bolt of lightning arced from his arm. Electricity coursed through his enemy and his motorcycle, sending him careening out of control and through the concrete barricade, over the edge and into the air.
 
 
Dante, separated from his motorcycle by the collision, was in a free fall. Looking back, he saw his opponent still mounted on his, and Dante took this to be unfair. Taking out Ebony, one of his two handguns, he fired off a three round salvo at the blond, hoping to take out his motorcycle. Holstering the gun, he took out another weapon from within his coat, a three segmented nunchacku, aptly named Cerberus.
Whirling the flail around his head for momentum, he sent one of the chains out to wrap around the handle bars of his falling motorcycle, pulling himself towards it. Seated once again, he leaned side to side, adjusting the angle of his bike. He landed heavily on a rubble strewn slope, and sped down, where a path weaved through the debris and around the church that was directly in his path. There was a large chunk of what used to be part of a building blocking him from that path, though that posed no problem. Coming up to it, Dante went into another wheelie and jumped the obstacle.
Reaching the peak of the jump, he realized he wasn't high enough to make it. The motorcycle must've taken more damage than he'd thought from the hard landing. To late to change anything about it, he glanced a side hit on a protruding piece of steel at full speed, sending him and his bike into an uncontrolled barrel roll.
 
 
The color drained from Cloud's face as he watched the white haired man crash through the doors of Aerith's church.