Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Cetra Muyo OAV ❯ Here Comes a Prince or Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Episode Two: Here Comes a Prince or Two!
Somewhere in the bigness of space, an airship--with huge, black letters that read 'PROPERTY OF SHINRA: MOVE OR DIE' on it--was drifting along towards its destination that appeared to be the blue and green planet. On the main deck, a young man with golden blonde hair stood poised and confident, observing the screen before him. Joining him were two large, floating blocks, one marked with a red letter 'T' while the other had a blue 'Y' on the front.

"HEEEEEEY!" came a rather annoying, girly voice belonging to the 'Y' log, "Isn't that the Planet?!"

"Of course, it's a 'planet'," the young man scoffed, "What else does it look like?"

The 'T' log laughed in a rough chick's voice, "Ha, Rufus-sama forgot to study this galaxy's planet system!!" Rufus frowned at having been pointed out on his poor knowledge of other galaxies.

"Even I knew," 'Y' added in a way that made it seemed she was rolling her eyes at him. "That planet is called 'The Planet'."

"Whatever," he said, practically grumbling. "But this is where my cousin, Analfi, is, right?!" He folded his arms, awaiting a response from his guardians. "Well?"

"Actually," 'T' began, "the computer detected Sephiroth's presence."

"WHAT?! THAT EX-SPACE SOLDIER?!"

"We haven't found Analfi's airship yet," 'Y' said, "but if we tail Sephiroth, he might lead us to her. After all, Analfi was after the guy."

"Wow, Yuffie, you really thought that through!" 'T' remarked sarcastically.

"Oh shut up, Tifa," she snorted.

"BOTH OF YOU SHUT THE HELL UP!!" Rufus demanded, and things quieted down again. He tugged on his white jacket and then smoothed out his hair in peace. "Now, let's just go capture that ex-Space SOLDIER on behalf of our planet!"

There was a long silence until Tifa spoke up again, "There's a slight problem, Rufus-sama. Remember that incident with Cloud-sama?"

He turned to her, "Yeah, what about my little brother?"

"Well, he was a Space SOLDIER and somehow got linked into Sephiroth's conspiracy, so we hacked into the police systems to delete his records," Tifa's voice slowly trailed away.

Yuffie immediately took over, "Deleting Cloud-sama's files went great, but it also erased Sephiroth's records too BY ACCIDENT... since the files were SO CLOSE together."

The pair of logs shrunk back as they noticed the heavy, dark aura around their prince. "You mean to tell me," Rufus started, "that Sephiroth is a free man, and no one will be able to do anything because there's no f**kin' proof of his guilt?!!!" He ended up shouting at the two, "YOU REALLY SCREWED UP THIS TIME!!!"

"Hey, I'm sure we'll find some reason to nab his cute ass," Yuffied tried compromising the royal anger. "But we've gotta find Analfi first."

Rufus calmed down somewhat as he turned his attention back to the screen. "Sephiroth, pray that Analfi is unharmed or else you will face the wrath of Rufus Shinra!!" Then he laughed maniacally while Yuffie and Tifa floated off.

"Well I better hurry and set courses to the Planet," Yuffie volunteered because she didn't want to have a psychotic prince laughing her wooden head to pulp.

"Okay, I'll go find our dear, sweet Cloud-sama," Tifa chirped and went through another door.


"My gosh!" Aeris exclaimed, "How did you get in here?!! WHAT are you doing here?!! Are you still trying to kill me?!!" He stepped towards her, causing her to panick again. She roamed her eyes over to where she last placed the staff. Her small hands aimed for the weapon, but Sephiroth got to her before she could protect herself and pulled her to him.

"Please don't hurt me," she whimpered as he held her back pressed against his muscular body. She felt her heart quickening out of fear and the strange feeling of being up against a guy.

He leaned down clost to her ear and whispered her name in a soothing tone. She practically melted in his arms if it wasn't for a loud voice booming from downstairs, "AERIS SWEETHEART, DADDY'S HOME!" She immediately tensed up at her father's voice. Of all the days, today had to be the day he came home early. She practically turned to stone when she heard the heavy footsteps echoing from down the hallway.

She tried to pry herself from Sephiroth's hold, but he wouldn't let go as if he was oblivious to her predicament when her father caught her with a strange man in her ROOM. She looked up at his neutral face and frowned. "Mr. Sephiroth, will you let me go? My father has quite a temper."

He just gazed down at her with an amused expression, still holding her, and when the door flew open, a large, dark-skinned man stood there and blinked at the pair. Aeris smiled nervously, giving him a little wave, while Sephiroth raised an eyebrow as he glanced at the man and then to the girl in his arms, wondering how the two could be father and daughter.

Puzzlement was written all over Barret's face as he slowly closed the door again, wondering if that was his daughter's room. Certainly it was the right room since Aeris was standing there, but who was that young man?

Aeris angrily jerked away and left a surprised Sephiroth staring after her. She came to a quick stop when her bedroom door opened again, and Barret was glaring at the young man. "Aeris! Who's da boy, and what's he doin' in yer room?!" he demanded.

She held Barret back, preventing him from pounding the guy without any explanation. "It's okay, father. Sephiroth's a... umm, he's new in Kalm, so I was just showing him around--that's all." Barret didn't really bother looking at her to see if she was lying because he knew Aeris wouldn't lie to him, but he was having doubts about the stranger, wondering what part of the Planet was he from.

Barret gave his daughter a quick hug with his glaring eyes plastered on Sephiroth's calm form. "All right then, Aeris," he said, finally looking at her with a softer expression. He turned to leave, mumbling something about hoping it wasn't her boyfriend because he couldn't take the thought of his little girl growing up so fast, "Dammit, I ain't a girl. I don't know 'bout these things. Now where's dat Ifalna? She's a woman."

Aeris peeked out of the doorway and watched Barret's form disappear downstairs. Satisfied with that, she closed the door and put her back against it with a sigh of relief. "He was," Sephiroth began, "your father?"

She looked up at him, blinking, "Hmm? Oh yes, but more precisely, my stepfather." Her present situation didn't sink in until he was in front of her again with a hand pressed against the door as he leaned down close to her face. Her rapid heartbeat returned as her body tensed under his mesmerizing gaze. She tore away from his eyes for a brief moment, eying the staff on her bed, but she wouldn't be able to get to it. "What do you want from me?" she asked quietly.

"The materia," he answered.

Her face wrinkled into confusion. "Materia? What's that?"

"On the staff," he said, finding the sight before him pleasant to his eyes.

She glanced at the staff again, recalling the three white jewels, and wondered why he just didn't walk over there and take them. Perhaps he couldn't touch without having some dire consequence that he was afraid of facing, and she was the only who could get them for him. The staff's power was probably drawn from the three materias, so if Sephiroth got his hands on them, it would only add to whatever powers he had right now. He could be a threat to the whole Planet.

"Well, if you give me a good reason why you need them," she bargained.

He withdrew from her and turned towards the window, letting his glistening, silver hair drift after him. His hand clutched the hilt of his sword as if he sensed a disturbing presence. Aeris watched his every movement, curious as ever. "He's coming," he informed her. She held a questioning look and was about to ask, but he faced her like he knew of her question. "The devil is approaching us."

"The devil?" she repeated.

Sephiroth returned to her side, and his hand brushed the loose strands of mahogany hair from her face. "The incarnate of darkness and cruelty that will only taint your innocence."


Back on the SHINRA airship, Rufus was going through hell with his sudden sneezing fit. Yuffie appeared by his side with a box of tissue on top of her block-head. "THE HELL?!" he sneezed again and again and again. Yuffie couldn't help but laugh at his helplessness. Either he was allergic to something or his worse enemy was talking about him again.

Minutes later after going through the whole tissue box, Rufus found his composure. Tifa returned--after having found the second prince sleeping peaceful in his room--just in time to hear Rufus's command, "All right, start firing all over the place!!"

"WHAT?!!" the others panicked. "That's a terrible start on diplomatic relations!" Tifa screamed. "What would the Council and our planet think? Consider your inheritance too."

Rufus groaned, massaging his temples. "Very well. We shall refrain from unnecessary firing. Happy now?"

"We'll be arriving soon," Yuffie informed.


"We could always talk to them," Aeris suggested innocently. "It's better to solve things peacefully." Sephiroth shook his head. "No? Is he that bad?"

"Listen to me, Aeris," he said calmly, grasping her shoulders, "We have to wake up Red-Ohki now."

She looked at him doubtfully, "You make it sound like war."

"It is."

They stood in silence, looking into each other's eyes, with Aeris searching for some trust in his own, but their attention soon turned outside with a male voice booming over them though a speaker, "Sephiroth! I know you're there, so get our ass out here before I blow this planet to dust!" Tifa's voice came immediately after that complaining about Rufus's little speech.

Ignoring Tifa's protests, he turned to Yuffie, who had completely surrendered to the prince's demands, "Give them a damn sample of our power."

"You got it, boss!"

Guns and whatever weapons that usually got installed in a SHINRA airship appeared, but only one huge cannon fired, blasting a hole nearby the Gainsborough house. The ground shook, knocking Aeris off her feet and into Sephiroth's embrace, as the two ended up on the floor. She quickly sat up, blushing and pulling herself from being on top of the young man.

She turned her eyes out the window again, thinking loudly, "You weren't kidding about him. So what are we supposed to do now?"

"Hand me the red materia," he said. Having no other alternative, she complied with his request and took the red jewel from the staff. She held it out to him, but instead of just taking the item, he grabbed her whole hand and held it for a few moments until she pulled her hand back shyly.

"What will that do?" she asked, still holding the staff.

"Just watch." Sephiroth threw the materia out the window, shouting, "Come forth, Red-Ohki!" Aeris watch the materia stirred with power as a red mist surrounded it and soon the red jewel disappeared, but in its place came a giant, red spaceship.


Rufus was about to strangle Tifa if there was a way for his hands to crush her blockiness, or maybe he could just use an axe. He smiled at the thought until Yuffie blurted out, "Oh no! It's Red-Ohki!!"

"WHAT?!" He faced the screen again, and sure enough it was the infamous, red spaceship that only belonged to the one and only Sephiroth. "The criminal battleship! Blast that s**t from the sky!"

The SHINRA airship began to hover over the Gainsborough house as Aeris watched from her bedroom. Instead of awing over Sephiroth's transportation, she panicked over the fact that her house was beginning to glow. "What's going on?! Is he trying to blow up my house?!!"

He grabbed her hand and held onto it tightly. "We have to go."

"But my father!" she tried to tell him as they floated into the air and vanished. The pair reappeared again in an unfamiliar place to Aeris, but Sephiroth felt right at home. "Where are we??"

She didn't get an answer from him, but from another who spoke directly to the young man, "At your command, Sephiroth." She looked around, but no one else besides the two of them were present. The place looked almost empty except for a few technical, out of this planet equipments. She wasn't certain if it was right to assume that she was on the spaceship and the voice that had spoken might belong to the central computer.

"All right, Red-Ohki," he acknowledged, standing behind the ship's main controlling systems. "Rufus sent us a warm greeting. It is only fair to return the kind gesture." Red-Ohki knew of his master's intention and carried out his wish while Aeris's eyes roamed the interior of the ship once more and slowly this time.

She noticed something in the corner and walked over to it for a better look. She gasped, realizing it was her own house, but on a smaller scale. "MY HOUSE?!!"

Sephiroth turned to her. "I apologize for not consulting with you before hand. To lessen your worries, I merely resized it and brought it along for convenience."

His words really didn't ease her at all when she saw Barret unconscious a few meters away. "Father!" she cried, gripping the staff tightly, and rushed to the man's side.

During that time, Red-Ohki was already engaged in an all-out war against the SHINRA airship, blasting all his weapons at the royal vessel. One of the cannon beams hit the side of the airship, knocking Rufus to the floor. Climbing to his feet again, he gritted his teeth and yelled, "FIRE BACK!! DESTROY THAT DAMN S**T!!"

While the two blockheads ran around, carrying out his orders, Yuffie paused thoughtfully and unintentionally asked, "Shouldn't that be 'damn SHIP'?" Rufus whipped his head around at her with deadly blue eyes that told her she better do something destructive before he did it himself but with a NEW target.

The damages to both sides were practically equal, but it appeared that neither ships were going to come out victorious. Aeris was soon by Sephiroth's side, clutching to his arm as tightly as possible so she wouldn't be flung all over the place. She tried to convince him to stop, but he seemed to tune her voice out just like what Rufus was doing to Tifa and Yuffie.

"Both ships could be destroyed if we continue this!" Tifa tried to reason. The dangerous position of his life no longer matter because what hurt the most were not the ships, but Rufus's pride.

"WHAT THE F**K'S GOIN' ON?!!" demanded the new arrival, who looked quite cranky, but that was understandable when one's nap was interrupted by tremors and explosions. The two guardian logs turned to the speaker to find the blonde, young man waiting for an answer.

Rufus was too focused on the present situation than deal with anything else. He ordered the airship to ram into Red-Ohki, and the others panicked. "Cloud-sama!" Tifa cried, "Please stop Rufus-sama or else he'll kill all of us!"

Cloud had long snapped out of his sleepy state and rushed to his older brother's side, punching him in the back. "What the f**k's the matter with you?!!" he yelled. "If you're so suicidal, don't take ME along with you!!"

Rufus just shoved Cloud aside, impatiently waiting for computer to obey his orders. "I'M RUFUS SHINRA, FIRST PRINCE OF SHINRA-SEI!! WHO DARES TO DISOBEY ME??!!!" The airship then began to increase speed, charging right for Red-Ohki.

"This isn't the time to be full of your s**t self," Cloud said calmly. "I'm Cloud Strife, second prince of SHINRA-SEI, and I demand an override of that last command." Nothing happened because he was only second prince--and Rufus's half-brother at that--so he gave it his best shot, and he also realized that it wasn't his ship either. Now everyone was waiting to die at the fault of the older prince's arrogance.

The SHINRA airship plowed into Red-Ohki, and the clump of ships began to fall towards the Planet's surface. During the fall, Rufus appeared on the screen in Red-Ohki, smiling smuggly, while Sephiroth betrayed no emotion. "I'll join you in hell afterwards, Sephiroth," he said, having planned Red-Ohki's position beneath his airship so it would receive greater damage.

Sephiroth seemed a bit mirthful when he saw Cloud, who frowning at his brother's back in the background. "Space SOLDIER's reunion in hell? Very appealing."

Aeris's frowned at Sephiroth and punched his arm angrily. She turned to the screen, shouting at everyone, "What is wrong with all of you?! Risking innocent lives like this!! Not to mention, throwing your own away!!" She could feel the tears forming in her eyes as her hands gripped the staff. "If I had known it would all come to this, I would have never went into that cave!! I'm such a disgrace to the Gainsborough's name. I'm sorry, grandmother, for not obeying you. And father, for lying to you. But most of all..." Her green eyes flared with disappointment and anger, "All of you should also be ashamed of yourselves! Behaving like children!"

"How dare you speak to me like that!! I demand to know your identity!" Rufus shouted.

Unlike his brother, Cloud was studying the girl carefully and noticed the weapon in her hands. "Rufus!" he pulled on his brother's arm, "She has Analfi's staff." Rufus looked at the screen more closely and realized that Cloud was speaking the truth.

"WHERE'S ANALFI?! WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER, SEPHIROTH?!!"

"Sephiroth didn't do anything!" Aeris defended him. "Analfi died a long time ago, after she sealed Sephiroth away."

"NO!! IMPOSSIBLE!" the two brothers exclaimed.

Sephiroth smirked. "Dying is not impossible. You are about to experience it yourselves."

Aeris grabbed his arm and turned him to face her. "This isn't funny, Sephiroth. I know you can do something to save all of us. Please do it." Her pleading, green eyes bore deep into him as she continued, "Please give me a reason not to regret meeting you."

For the second time that day--perhaps ever since his existence--he wore a genuine smile just for her. Then he turned back to Rufus and Cloud with his smile no longer on his face. "Since you went to all the trouble just for me, I will kindly let you land first," he said with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Red-Ohki, let them escort us down."

No one knew what Sephiroth was plannning, but the passengers on board SHINRA airship were having terrible feelings in their stomaches. They suddenly felt their ship tilting and tilting until they felt it was in a different position. From a view in space, Red-Ohki had somehow managed to reverse the two ships' positions until the airship was the one on the bottom, heading right for solid ground.

Rufus's jaw almost dropped to the floor until he snapped out of it and yelled at his enemy, "F**K YOU, SEPHIROTH!!"

"Watch your language, Rufus," he said calmly, "There is a lady present." Aeris's face flushed at Rufus's vocabulary as well as Sephiroth's comment about her.

Rufus wanted to retort, but Cloud beat him to it by beating his brother on the head and then yelling, "FORGET THAT!! IF WE DON'T DO SOMETHING NOW, YOU WON'T GET A CHANCE TO STRANGLE HIM YOURSELF!" Since he put it that way and the ships were getting close to the ground now, Rufus had no choice but to blast the wall of the lower half of the airship, so it could give it a huge boost to slow down their descent.

Everyone except Sephiroth screamed their heads off as the impact approached.


Once again, it was another lovely day in the town of Kalm with the bright sun out and the birds chirping sweetly. The household of the Gainsborough were in the middle of breakfast as they watched the television report on the strange incident from the day before.

The television report went something like this: the previous evening, a huge object--maybe a meteor--fell from the sky into the ocean not too far from the shores at Kalm Beach. The impact caused a huge tidal wave, flooding the nearby resorts, businesses and homes. It would take weeks to get things back to normal.

Aeris sighed in the middle of her own meal at the last statement, wondering when her life would be back to normal, as she looked at Sephiroth, and then to Cloud, and then to her father, whose eyes were plastered on the television set. He was still admiring the huge damage their 'guests' caused.

"Damn!" he shouted with great admiration, "You boys can sure wreck the place!! And here I thought I'm da best at dat job!" Barret seemed to enjoy their presence now since they have a few things in common just because his job had to do with demolishing unwanted buildings and places. Sometimes he took too far and made it an interesting artform of his.

Aeris was glad about one thing: her father no longer had a problem with boys, not to mention that they were aliens who were now stranded in her home. Thinking about her house, it wasn't situated in its usually spot at the edge of the garden. It was now in the center of the garden, which Aeris didn't mind because she could stare out her window and find pleasant fields of beauty.

"There would've been more damage if our ship didn't cushion the fall," Cloud remarked, pushing the food around with his fork. "We were hurt the most. And now, we don't even have a ship to return home to."

Aeris somehow felt guilty but tried to cheer him up. She placed a hand gently on his shoulder and smiled. "Until we can find away for you to get home, you and Rufus are welcome to stay here as long as you want. Isn't that right, father?"

"Huh?" Barret turned to them, having missed most of her speech. "Yeah, as long as you're happy, Aeris." He looked at the three and scratched his head. "Wasn't there another fella with ya?" Aeris and Cloud shrugged while Sephiroth gestured towards the bay window.

Rufus was out in the yard, trying to piece together of what he was able to salvage from the wreck airship. He was certainly having a miserable time doing it, spending most of the time cursing into the air for his misfortune and Sephiroth's existence.