Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ A Broken Heart ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Broken Heart

By: Miyuki

A/n: The dialogue is all taken from what they said in the game. Just incase it sounds a tad bit familiar

Blah blah= thoughts

"Blah blah"= Dialouge

'Blah blah'= dialogue in Al Bhed

***= change of POV

~*~*~*~*~*~

'Rikku! E femm damm Vydran!"

What? How does he know her name?

'E ys dra guardian uv Yuna, oui caa? Yuna ec cyva! Fa feem kiynt ran! Cree c cyva!"

The crude language of the heathens cut through me and filled me with rage

Where did Rikku learn how to speak the tongue of such heathens as the Al Bhed?

Could she possibly be. . .

'Oui to drec ymuha, Cecdan!"

Rikku giggled as the Al Bhed man ran off.

"I told him I was a guardian. Well, I guess I had to, really."

"How come you speak Al Bhed? Why?" I demanded of the young girl.

She fell speechless as I directed my gaze to Tidus who had began to fumble with something to say.

"Because. . . " She finally said "I'm Al Bhed. And that. . . was my brother."

What? I can't believe this!

I turn to Tidus and demand: "You knew?"

He nods.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"We knew you'd be upset." Lulu supplies for an answer

Lulu, that bitch, just stated the understatement of the century.

"This is great!" I can't believe I've been traveling with an Al Bhed! A heathen!"

***

I wince at the harshness of the words directed towards me and my people, the Al Bhed.

"You're wrong! We have nothing against Yevon!"

"But you Al Bhed use the forbidden machina! You know what that means? Sin was born because people used machina!"

"You got proof?" I retort, upset. This isn't right! "Show me proof!"

"It's in Yevon's teachings! Not that you'd know!"

"That's not good enough! Yevon says this, Yevon says that. Can't you think for yourself?" I follow-up lamely to the even lamer excuse.

***

"Well, then you tell me! Where did sin come from?" Wakka asks, rather unfairly, the normally exuberant young Al Bhed girl.

"I. . . . I don't know." Rikku answers, wincing a bit when Wakka 'hmphs' in satisfaction.

"You bad mouth Yevon and that's all you can come up with?"

"But. . ."

***

"That doesn't mean you should do whatever they say without thinking! Nothing will ever change that way!" I say, blinking back the moisture building up behind my eyelids.

"Nothing has to change!"

Bastard. . .

"You want Sin to keep coming back? There might be away to stop it, you know?"

Oui (you). . .

"Sin will be gone once we atone for our past mistakes!"

Oui cye (you said). . .

"If we keep faith in Yevon's teachings it will be gone one day!"

Oui cyet dnyd oui mujat (you said that you loved). . .

"Why do I even bother?"

La (me)?

***

"Rikku! Will this move?" Auron asked standing beside one of the automobiles the Al Bhed left behind.

Nobody noticed then. . .

"We're not using that are we?" Wakka asked disgust evident in his voice "Wait. . . Sir Auron isn't Al Bhed too, is he?"

Even though they witnessed it. . .

"Come on Wakka. . ." Tidus said, obviously get a little annoyed

"What?"

"I mean, getting angry just 'cause you found out Rikku's an Al Bhed. . . You guys got along fine till now, didn't you?"

But Rikku had sustained an injury. . .

"That's different, I mean. . ."

An injury. . .

"Well, I don't claim to know that much about Spira, and I probably know even less about the Al Bhed, but. . . I know Rikku's a good person! She's just Rikku!"

that would never heal. . .

"Lu?" Wakka said turning to Lulu

"Just think of this as an opportunity to learn more about the Al Bhed." The sorceress suggested

"Ha!" Wakka said walking away.

"Let him go, give him time to think." Auron said to Tidus who had begun to follow the blitzer.

"I'm sorry?"

Because. . . a broken heart never heals. . .

***

A/N: Well this was my first FFX fic! Umm I'm not a big fan of Wakka+Rikku but its. . .ok. This just sorta popped into my head!